Old 2nd May 2020, 19:02   #1
pilecarls8

Do you disable certain plugins to speed up Winamp?

I had an issue where it was taking 2 minutes for me to load Winamp, and I was able to track it down to pmp_activesync.dll. This happened both in the latest 5.8 beta, and 5.666 (which I am on now). When that file is renamed to pmp_activesync.DISABLED, Winamp opens much more quickly. I can only assume I don't need it, since it is supposed to relate to syncing a Windows phone.

This got me thinking, are there any other default plugins that people disable on the regular (short of going to the Lite version on Winamp)? My media library is 57mb, and my three computers that run Winamp are not the newest spec, so I'm trying to help Winamp along to do it's thing.

Thankful to have found this community on Reddit, lots of good info here. I nearly bailed and went to Foobar2000 recently, but I LOVE Winamp.
pilecarls8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2020, 20:52   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
It's np to rename the extension on any plugin u don't use. It might or might not help speed, but it should save some memory. I do:

Whatever.dll.off

So I know what I disabled. I use .old if I have a ver I want to archive if I also have a newer ver.

U might find that wacup is better for u.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion