Old 1st September 2012, 02:22   #1
SugarD-x

Send a message via ICQ to SugarD-x Send a message via AIM to SugarD-x Send a message via MSN to SugarD-x Send a message via Yahoo to SugarD-x Send a message via Skype™ to SugarD-x
SHOUTcast API Partner Program Status

Is the SHOUTcast API Partner Program still running? The stickied post in this forum is from 2010 or so, and I'm finding mixed information across Winamp/Nullsoft's various websites. I have sent in an email to the address provided by the sites and forum, but I was just curious if there was any updated information so I don't waste time sending it to the wrong place.

Thanks guys and girls,
SugarD-x

SugarD-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 11:00   #2
DrO

the details are the same as always, but sending a request does not guarantee getting accepted and i'm not sure of the requirements to be accepted - if you've not heard anything back then assume you've not been accepted or are in pending situation. so maybe the sticky needs to be updated but that's for people more in the know to do.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 00:16   #3
SugarD-x

Send a message via ICQ to SugarD-x Send a message via AIM to SugarD-x Send a message via MSN to SugarD-x Send a message via Yahoo to SugarD-x Send a message via Skype™ to SugarD-x
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
the details are the same as always, but sending a request does not guarantee getting accepted and i'm not sure of the requirements to be accepted - if you've not heard anything back then assume you've not been accepted or are in pending situation. so maybe the sticky needs to be updated but that's for people more in the know to do.

-daz
Ah. I had a feeling that was the case, but I figured I should ask to be safe anyway. Thanks Daz.

Old 12th November 2012, 02:45   #4
SugarD-x

Sorry to bump this, but more than 2 months later I haven't even so much as have gotten a reply back either way. Does anyone have any information on what's going on with this? I'm trying to spread our favorite internet radio streaming software and no one wants to give me the information to do so.

Edit:
This isn't related to this, is it?:
http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas..._API#API_Usage

Old 14th November 2012, 20:04   #5
SugarD-x

Come on guys. The migration was claimed to have been completed almost 2 years ago, which was the only reason applications were being held off.

It's stuff like this which is killing ShoutCast off. Everyone loves it, yet the support and updated information is becoming extremely lacking. What happened to the busy ShoutCast forum I used to know?

Old 14th November 2012, 23:59   #6
DrO

and things change. i don't know what is going on with such things (i purposefully try to stay away from it all as it's just not worth the hassle on my part). i gave you everything i know above and to my knowledge that is still the case but i am more than likely wrong, since i don't know fully what goes on with the decisions of who is or isn't allowed a devid and on what terms that is based.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 00:58   #7
SugarD-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
and things change. i don't know what is going on with such things (i purposefully try to stay away from it all as it's just not worth the hassle on my part). i gave you everything i know above and to my knowledge that is still the case but i am more than likely wrong, since i don't know fully what goes on with the decisions of who is or isn't allowed a devid and on what terms that is based.

-daz
I'm not blaming you Daz, nor am I upset with you. I'm just overall unhappy that others who lead such an inspiring, popular project aren't even willing to reply back or update said information so other people know what's going on. I would love to continue using the software, but it's incredibly difficult when the software itself is against me.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions