Old 15th February 2010, 23:38   #1
DJKessel

View a list of Remove From Library songs

I recently undertook a complete cleaning out of my files; removing duplicate and corrupted songs. Here is my problem: instead of using PHYSICALLY REMOVE ITEM(S) I used REMOVE FROM LIBRARY. I wanted to completely remove them from my drive.

Is there anyway to view a list of songs that are Removed From Library or is there a command to Physically Remove items that are just removed from view? I really don’t want to have to go through all seven thousand songs again.
DJKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 06:19   #2
DrO

alas no on both counts as once the items are removed from the media library there's nothing to track them and you will need to find the files you want to remove again. sorry.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 15:34   #3
ujay
Forum King

You may be able to do something by rescaning all files and then use a smart view of 'never played'.

This may help, but will be very hit and miss if there are already tracks you want to keep but haven't played yet. You could very easily end up in a bigger mess than you started though.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 23:15   #4
DJKessel

Thanks for your suggestion ujay. But I came up with a less than elegant workaround: I SELECTED ALL in the ML and pressed CREATE PLAYLIST. Now I have a list of all my current songs alphabetized and numbered.

Next I RESCANNED WATCH FOLDERS and created a new playlist. That playlist contains all the songs on my folders including the ones that were REMOVED FROM LIBRARY.

Now I can compare the playlists and find the songs that need to be deleted. Like I said, not elegant but a workaround.

- Dave
Old 17th February 2010, 02:20   #5
ujay
Forum King

Looks like you're well on your way then

Just taken another look at the Smart view idea and there is a 'Recently Added' preset that will be 100% accurate, rescan all files(which you have already done) and the Smart view will list everythying added after the time you set.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 12:56   #6
DJKessel

I do need to spend more time getting to know Smart View. That is a great tip. I will try it tonight.

Thanks again!

- Dave
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support