Old 24th December 2000, 04:26   #1
Moses

What I really want to know is what opera singer did they use for the Diva's Dance in the fifth element? It wasn't Maria Callas, was it?

Has anyone here seen The Fifth Element? And remember the Opera with the Diva who had the stones inside her?
Who is the real life singer they used for the opera part?

Or am I in the wrong forum?

Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2000, 04:36   #2
JMPZ

Send a message via ICQ to JMPZ Send a message via AIM to JMPZ
Teehee

Nope, this is not the wrong place.

The singer was Inva Mulla Tchako, I think she's russian. She did all that singing for real; no synthesizer or anything. She is not the actress you see when you watch the movie.

http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-12454/fe/fifthmusic.htm

Got my info here. I used to be rather obsessed with that movie. Hope that link helps!

C-ya!
JMPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2000, 04:47   #3
Moses

Thanks JMPZ, I searched for her name on several CD Sites but no one seems to have her music. Do you know where I can get the full opera?
Old 24th December 2000, 05:07   #4
Moses

OK, I found her!

Quote:

Inva Mula
Norina Don Pasquale, 1995
Susanna The Marriage of Figaro, 1997
Musetta La bohème, 1997
Gilda Rigoletto, 2000
Musetta La bohème, 2000

Albanian soprano Inva Mula, returning to Los Angeles Opera after her performance in last season's Rigoletto, captured international attention in 1993 by winning the Plácido Domingo Competition at the Opera Garnier in Paris. She and Domingo soon collaborated, to great acclaim, in a concert at Opéra National de Paris, which was recorded by Sony Classical. They later repeated their program of arias and duets in Brussels, Munich and Oslo. Praised for her superb technique, musicality and vocal line, Mula performs a wide range of roles from the lyric, bel canto and Mozartian repertoires. She has sung the title role of La traviata, Mimi in La bohème, Nedda in Pagliacci, Rosina in Il barbiere di Siviglia and Leila in The Pearl Fishers in her native city of Tirana, as well as in Italy, Turkey, Romania, Spain and Korea. Mula's opened Lyric Opera of Chicago's 1999-2000 season with Nanetta in Falstaff opposite Bryn Terfel. She has performed with Los Angeles Opera on numerous occasions in the roles of Susanna in Le nozze di Figaro, Norina in Don Pasquale and Musetta in the 1997-98 Season production of La bohème.
Unfortuanately, I haven't been able to find anything substantial of her work.

Someone this fantastic, shouldn't be so hard to find!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions