Old 14th December 2006, 15:10   #1
XeRoG

Winamp 5.32 Close Bug

Upon closing Winamp I recieve this error **

DDE server window: winamp.exe - application error

The instruction at "0x03760af8" referenced memory at "0x037f2028". The memory could not be "read".

click on OK to terminate the program **

I have looked on the forums already and have tried a few of the bugfixes for this, such as deleting/removing/renaming the (in_wav.dll), which after doing so did seem to fix the issue, however I was no longer able to play any files I had ripped from my cd's using WMP. I have also tried switching winamp to use Directshow instead of in_wav to play the files after doing this the error still occured and again after removing the old in_wav.dll file that was not in use.

System Specs : I600m Dell Portable
2.0Ghz pentium 4, 1Ghz of RAM
ATI RadeonM 9000series, 80GB HDD
Integrated - Sigmatel C-major audio SoundCard

Attached it a .zip of a hijackthis report, plugin report, and Dx9.0c report.
XeRoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 15:16   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Did you mean in_wm.dll, not in_wav?

What version of Windows Media Player is installed? WMP11 maybe?

Also note that your zip isn't attached.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 15:32   #3
XeRoG

Yes, I did mean in_wm.dll, not in_wav. After checking my plugins I did find that I had accidentally renamed the wrong file. I just checked on this and after switching to Dshow and renameing in_wm.dll, instead of in_wav (im an idiot, lol) the error went away and I appear to still have full functionality. Thanks!

Also did I do something wrong with the upload of the .zip? I simply selected it's location on my HDD and accepted it to upload, idk why it didn't upload.

Yes I did download WMP11 in an attempt to fix this!
Old 17th December 2006, 06:13   #4
Winner2

Ha! I just started getting the DDE error and was able to resolve it by removing recently installed plugins for skinned preferences and skinned submenus. Renaming in_wm.dll was my first attempt at fixing this, but it didn't work. Without the skinning plugins, I'm able to leave in_wm.dll with its name, and Winamp closes without the error.
Winner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 04:26   #5
XeRoG

Could you be more specific about what skinned prefs/submenus you turned off and where they are located. As it turns out the above mentioned fix did work in stopping the error and still supporting the player, however I can no longer play WMA files since haveing done this. Please help!
Old 18th December 2006, 04:45   #6
Winner2

Sure, I had installed DrO's Skinned Preferences v0.7.5 plug-in.
Winner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 08:24   #7
DrO

my skinned preferences plugin is an alpha product and should always be counted as the first item to be removed if you see any issues, etc. maybe i'll be able to fix the stability issues with it at some point but i've not managed to do it so far

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 14:36   #8
JonnyMac

If it means anything, the only time the close issue appears with the Skinned Prefs alpha is when the ML is (or was) open. The issue does not occur if the ML was not opened during a Winamp session (for me at least).

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports