Old 1st December 2002, 21:02   #1
The Soulgirl

Send a message via ICQ to The Soulgirl
RA/RM play support

This is sooooooo long overdue. PLEASE someone code this urgently
Old 1st December 2002, 21:51   #2
killswitch1968

Can't, realplayer and quicktime do't like ppl playing their formats, maybe there'll be a component though?
Old 2nd December 2002, 17:57   #3
GX1327

Send a message via Yahoo to GX1327
winamp is the LAST thing i want playing realmedia files. its already tried hogging all my file assosciations but i caught it. my poor pledge brother, didnt' know what he was doing in the install, now he has .AVIs opened with ATI Fileplayer, .ASFs opened in WMP, and .MPG and .MPEGs opened with WINAMP. his whole system is a mess because everything is fighting to be assosciated with a filetype. until i fixed it for him, everytime he double clicked on a .mpg and forgot to to "open with" it would wipe out his playlist with whatever movie he wanted to watch.

please don't make the next release so intrusive, grabbing up all assosciations by default. some people don't want winamp to be their audio player, video player, internet explorer, e-mail client, word processor, and screensaver all rolled into one.
Old 2nd December 2002, 18:36   #4
sanosuke
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by GX1327
please don't make the next release so intrusive, grabbing up all assosciations by default.
uncheck the associate to files during installation.
Old 3rd December 2002, 04:15   #5
GX1327

Send a message via Yahoo to GX1327
well duh, i did this during my installation. HOWEVER on systems of people who are not as computer savvy, it causes a big mess that leads to peopel complaining to me to fix their damn file assosciations. i am simply voicing their implied opinions here
Old 7th December 2002, 04:52   #6
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

I gotta agree with you..
Although I never have this problem myself (beeing a l33t n3rd ), I do know alot of people who would be victims of this, just because they don't know better or don't care about reading anything in the install process..

The "associate to every-damn-file-you-own"-checkbox shouldn't be checked by default...
I know Nullsoft will never change this, ofcourse, but I'm just pointing out the obvious: People want to have Different players for Different filetypes!

I know I do..

Winamp is the best audioplayer around, though it took it long enough to even reach that state (midi), but it's definately the best video player around, as even WiMP is better (duuude, that's not good) so I don't want winamp to play my video files as of yet!

Quicktime is the WORST app when it comes to the default registered filetypes, I HATE THE DAMN THING!
It's so easy to miss just ONE specific filetype and then Quicktime ruins your whole system! Making it a pain to change back to where it was before..

I think alot of people agree with this..

-Plague
Old 9th December 2002, 18:35   #7
Brennan
Monkey Hump Master

Yeah but... imagine if we didn't check any boxes by default. We'd confuse just as many people, and their brand new media player they just installed wouldn't actually DO anything. We have to assume that since you're installing a media player, you want to use it to play media.

--Brennan
Old 9th December 2002, 19:25   #8
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

hmm, you have a point there..
didn't think about it that way...

-Plague
Old 6th January 2003, 05:31   #9
tweek59

you can't please the compu-tards, no matter how hard you try.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion > Winamp3 Wishlist