Old 25th March 2010, 12:25   #1
wilfredor

Exclamation enable cancel button to stop in the middle of installation

Best regards.

For weeks I tried to add a cancel button to stop the installation process, ie enable cancel button while you are copying the files to the hard disk.

Thank you very much in advance.

My nsi template
wilfredor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 18:26   #2
Zinthose

The issue is that NSIS is not a transactional installation system like MSI, thus what do you plan to do about the previously completed installation operations?

I performed a search on the forums, which I'm sure you already did... right?, and found several threads on the topic. None of which that seam to conclude in a working solution.

Unless you use a custom extraction plug-in or external utility, I don't see an easy solution without recompiling NSIS for your own needs.
Zinthose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:10   #3
wilfredor

Exclamation

I plan to delete the installation process if you click cancel. Uninstall the average installation. If the solution is a plugin, what I recommend?

It is very important for me to cancel the installation process, I'm installing a very large software and the person might regret in the middle of the process.

Thanks
wilfredor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 01:16   #4
Animaether
Major Dude

This question seems to pop up with some regularity. I can't really -recommend- trying to get around this, but it is possible. There's some old thread where I posted an example using the NSIS classic UI that I was going to point to - but then I saw somebody mentioned they couldn't get it to go with Modern UI 2.

So I gave it a reworking and decided to write up an NSIS WiKi page that contains the example and the steps taken to get from a skeleton installer to the end result, and why those steps were/had to be taken. That way everybody can add enhancements / correct problems / etc.

You can find it at the (hopefully quite logical) topic:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/InstFile...ring_InstFiles
( InstFiles Cancel - Allowing a user to cancel installation during InstFiles )

Be warned - it's a pretty long topic, and even the end-result code may look daunting. As Zinthose mentioned.. you weren't meant to do this with NSIS. On the other hand, the fact that you -can- is testament to its flexibility?

Good luck!
Animaether is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion