Old 11th September 2002, 23:29   #1
PsYclo

Send a message via AIM to PsYclo
Keyboard controls in Winamp3

Hey i have a keyboard with controls built on (play/next/prev etc..) and i just downloaded winamp3 is there anyway that i can use these controls because now that i use winamp3 they dont work. I wouldnt mind using the winamp default controls but they dont work if the winamp window isnt selected which makes it hard to switch songs while gaming. Thnx in advance[FONT=courier new][COLOR=darkblue]
Old 12th September 2002, 07:59   #2
xavigne

keyboard configuration

Same problem for me as for "psYclo";
If someone knows how to reconfigurate the 5 small cd/dvd/mp3 buttons that are on HP Pavilion Multimedia keyboards, I would be interested to read him ! These buttons worked well with winamp2, but not with winamp3.
HP technical support doesn't want to take care of this as Winamp software wasn't installed originally on the Pavilion...
Thanks in advance
Old 12th September 2002, 14:27   #3
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Send a message via AIM to schweitn Send a message via Yahoo to schweitn
Did you even read the post just above yours xavigne? That should work.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Winamp 3 Projects | Winamp 2x Plugin Manager | Explorer Playlist | FileSystem Object | Shoutcast List | Sashimi
Old 12th September 2002, 17:23   #4
xavigne

HP keyboard configuration (following)

(sorry Schweitn I only tried the first software proposed and it didn't work !)
Sawg (a few posts above in the same thread) proposed 2 softwares to solve this question about keyboard configuration:
- winamp 2.x plugin manager doesn't do anything in this particular case (the specific keyboard buttons don't work),
- RM-X general purpose control is not far from working fine:
with this software installed, 3 of the 5 cd/dvd/mp3 buttons of "HP Pavilion multimedia keyboard" work fine (stop, play/pause, eject) but the "next track button" and the "prior track button" (sorry for my English...)don't work quite properly: they skip 5 or 6 tracks (or titles) instead of just one (so you cannot skip to the next following song if you wish to).
Maybe the writers of the software could understand this (I'll try to mail them) but anyhow
this RM-X software is a big progress for users of HP Pavilion multimedia keyboard who have winamp3.
Old 12th September 2002, 18:38   #5
xavigne

keyboard configuration (following 2)

I have to temperate the good appreciation I gave in my former post, when saying that RM-X general purpose control is a good solution to users of HP Pavilion multimedia keyboard:
in fact if this software allows a partial functionability of cd/dvd/mp3 buttons the volume knob doesn't work anymore once the software is installed which is a real problem !
In conclusion, I DO NOT recommend to use RM-X with HP Pavilion, and I'm still looking for a good solution to be able to use cd/dvd/mp3 buttons on HP Pavilion multimedia keyboard with winamp3

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support