Old 27th August 2002, 07:47   #1
Trekkan

Song playback screwed when encoding changes

Basically my stream is always at 96k, I have one DJ though that currently can't broadcast at that rate due to his computer choking while encoding the stream, causing buffering.

Anyway he streams at 56k. If you are already listening to the stream at 96k and he signs on, the music is at about double the speed it should be and buffers. If you reconnect everything is fine. Then when he signs off and the 96k stream kicks in again, everything is twice as slow as it should be.

I'm not talking bandwidth, but the actual sound. I'm assuming that winamp isn't picking up the stream change. Anyone have any suggestions other than my DJ get a new comp(which is in the works)?

Trek
Trekkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 12:54   #2
nowhere_uk

hi... just came on looking for the answer to this myself and found it *Well least it worked for me..*

i was using the latest version of winamp 2.9... and this caused the problems i think. i installed 2.81 in a new folder installed shoutcast and ran it and so far no chip munk impressions!

its worth a try i think

nowhere
nowhere_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 17:20   #3
Tom

The problem is not that the bitrate changes, the problem is that you are going from mono to stereo and then stereo to mono.

Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2003, 17:25   #4
Trekkan

heh yeah, I actually figured this out just about a year ago myself. Sorry I didn't reply with the answer but it appeared no one else had this problem.
Trekkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support