Old 9th May 2005, 19:42   #1
Ayotte

Dolby ProLogic II - Is there an alternate plugin?

Ok, so i got KB 5.1, and tried the DPLII option on my 5.1 speakers. Sounds horrible. Really, really horrible. I once tested PowerDVD, which has DPLII, and it worked great. I dislike PowerDVD to listen to music, so my question is, is there any other DLPII plugin for Winamp?

Thanks you very much.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 05:38   #2
lunarboy1
Forum King

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling if one was created, you'd have to pay royalties to Dolby, so if you're looking for a free one, I doubt it...

Brian
lunarboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 03:50   #3
kurian2z5

Re: Dolby ProLogic II - Is there an alternate plugin?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ayotte
Ok, so i got KB 5.1, and tried the DPLII option on my 5.1 speakers. Sounds horrible. Really, really horrible. I once tested PowerDVD, which has DPLII, and it worked great. I dislike PowerDVD to listen to music, so my question is, is there any other DLPII plugin for Winamp?

Thanks you very much.
If you have bought a soundcard, then what you can do is set winamp to playback through your onboard audio.

Then using graphedit, reroute your onboard output to the CyberLink Audio Effects filter and from there to your regular sound card direct soud output.

You can set various decoding modes in the Audio Effects filter including DPL IIx and all its modes and settings.
kurian2z5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 03:54   #4
kurian2z5

If you onboard does not support rerouting the output to a recording line, similar to creative's "What U Hear" recording source, you can use Virtual Audio Cable to reroute the audio and then process that in graph edit.
Old 13th January 2007, 04:00   #5
kurian2z5

Btw IMHO Pro Logic IIx sucks. I too was really eager to get it working and stuff but ultimately it was a disappointment.

Just cloning the front speakers over the remaining channels using your sound card driver application sounds much better.

DPL IIx introduces noticable distortion in the rear channels which gets annoying, especially when used on 128k mp3 files.

I tried it on the Dark Side Of The Moon SACD and it did make a difference (and introduced distortion). The chorus in Brain Damage was good. The choir voices play from the back etc.

Then i downloaded the original DVD-AUDIO in 4.1 and it blows it away. There is ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON between Dolby Digital and Pro Logic IIx.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion