Old 16th September 2005, 07:18   #1
garudimimus

Other Media menu?

after i updated to winamp 5.1 surround, i cant find my shoutcast stations anymore. i used to watch aqua teen hunger force and family guy and stuff, and some channel with a bunch of kids playing music in their living room or something. i cant find it anymore, all i can watch is like CNN and other crap that is on my regular TV. i just want to know what happened to my other media menu, and how do i get shoutcast stations back? thanks
garudimimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 11:29   #2
siebe83
Forum King

Do you still have the Media Library? If not, be sure you install the full version and you don't deselect Winamp Library in the installer.

Or is it just the SHOUTcast TV entry that's missing?
If so, check the following option and restart Winamp:
Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Media Library > tab Online Media > click 'Modify Preferences' button > 'Look for new Online Media Channels on exit'

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 17:07   #3
garudimimus

yea, its just the shoutcast entry that is missing. i did what u said, and all that stuff was already clicked. it is possible im just ignorant and not looking at the right menu or something. i had one of my friends help me over the computer too and he couldnt figure this out. when i open the media library i have CATEGORY on the top left box, CHANNEL on the top right box and then the big box on the bottom. i am in the right place right? then under the categories, all i have listed is: ALL, FINANCE, GAMES, LIVING, MOVIES, NEWS, SPORTS, TELEVISION, TOP VIDEOS, WEATHER. i would feel stupid, but be really glad if i was overlooking something here.
Old 16th September 2005, 17:40   #4
JonnyMac

SHOUTcast TV is still a part of the ML. See the attachment.

If 'Look for new Online Media Channels on exit' was already check-marked, try unchecking it > close and restart Winamp > checkmark it again > close & restart Winamp
Attached Images
File Type: gif ml_shoutcast_tv.gif (24.9 KB, 239 views)

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2005, 03:14   #5
garudimimus

i dont know. i tried all the stuff u guys are saying, but nothing is working. should i just uninstall it and then reinstall it or something? since i updated, i dont even see my plugin menus anymore to check if i still have shoutcast at all.
Old 17th September 2005, 11:00   #6
siebe83
Forum King

At a guess, does your Media Library look as in the screenshot below? If so, click the vertical line at the left and drag it to the right.

Old 17th September 2005, 19:24   #7
garudimimus

hahaha, wow, that was great. yea that was it. thanks a lot! i feel stupid but whatever, thanks, haha.
Old 17th September 2005, 21:09   #8
siebe83
Forum King

You're not the first one with that problem

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support