Old 6th November 2007, 13:58   #1
wacaveman

Banner plugin commands...

Where can I find a reference to Banner calls? I found someone did a /set 76 -- does this set the size? I have a banner, but the text is getting cut-off, and I am looking for a solution (other than trimming the text). Can I do two lines, or stretch the box a bit?

Well, I managed to actually find a reference in the 2.02 release notes, and I understand what /set does, but is there a way to stretch the box or add two lines that would be great.

Another suggestion, would be to tweak the help files so when you search for banner, they link to the same page as what is in the 2.02 release notes. It was the only link I could find. It would probably be worthy of a paragraph to explain what it is and how it can be used.

Thanks in advance,

-Kevin

Last edited by wacaveman; 6th November 2007 at 14:13.
wacaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 17:11   #2
Afrow UK

76 is the control id that it uses for the main text. Open up modern.exe or default.exe in Contrib\UIs with Resource Hacker and modify dialog 111.

Stu
Afrow UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 17:13   #3
kichik
M.I.A.
[NSIS Dev, Mod]

Docs\Banner holds all the secrets.

The Banner plug-in uses the internal banner resource from your stub, so it doesn't control its size. You'll have to edit the UI with Resource Hacker in order to add more space.

NSIS FAQ | NSIS Home Page | Donate $
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -- Confucius
kichik is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion