Old 23rd December 2007, 22:40   #1
MagicMan

Skins not working after upgrade to the new version.

Just what it says, after upgrading to the new winamp version today, my skins which were previously working fine now will not. I can select them, but winamp stays in classic skin. i have uninstalled it, reinstalled it and still no luck. I even tried doing system restore and that wont complete. I have also tried uninstalling and then reinstalling with a previous version and always i get some kind of error. Currently i have the latest version installed as that is the only one that will complete installation successfully. I have even downloaded other skins and none of them work. What is the problem here? i am running vista home premium currently.
MagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 22:51   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Well first of all, the latest Winamp release is Winamp 5.51, so confirm that you have that, and only that release (not 5.5, which was full of bugs).

Then make certain that you didn't do one of these two things...
  1. Accidently install the Lite version instead of the Full version. The Lite version has absolutely no modern skin support, and if you have modern skins, they will not load and will instead revert back to the Winamp Classic skin (which is what is happening to you).
  2. Make sure that you did not accidently UNcheck modern skin support in the installer options when installing the 5.51 FULL release, because then the same thing that I described in #1 above will happen again.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 02:41   #3
MagicMan

Yes i have 5.51 full, yes i checked modern skin support...

edit: i fixed it...thanks for the quick reply
MagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 04:25   #4
hardrock69

What did you do? I'm having the same problem and can't figure it out. Maybe it's the windowblinds, but I'm not sure.
hardrock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support