Old 24th March 2008, 21:01   #1
LuleN

Unhappy Album Art just went missing!

Hello everybody,

I would like to start off by saying that it's really nice that there is an alternative to iTunes as good as ml_ipod. But I have bumped in to a problem!

It all started well, once I got the album art functioning properly, only one out of 35 albmus were lacking album art. Of course I was a little bit disturbed by that missing one, and I tried several times to delete and add that specific album (I named all covers cover.jpg), but with no luck. So I finally thought "Well, why not try to refresh all album art!". I shouldn't have. All album art except for 2 albums disappeared from my iPod Nano 3G
And I tried again, but I can clearly see in the "Writing album art"-window that it is those two albums that transfer properly; after them it stops!

I have put down many hours in fixing this, so that's why I've become a bit irritated :P

I have dragged and dropped all album folders from my HD, whick contained the cover.jpg file. Is there a way to transfer only the album art, without the songs (I can't see the covers as files)? Do you recommend another way to transfer songs? And maybe most importantly, at least in the short term, does anyone know how I can get my dear covers back into my Nano?

Thankful for your help, and I hope you didn't notice that I'm Swedish!
LuleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 12:15   #2
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

The only way would be with the "refresh all cover art". But that only works if you have all songs on your HD, the corresponding covers there, and did not change anything in the tags (like title or album names...).

If that does not work, maybe a debugging archive helps, create it with "RightClick on the iPod icon in the Media Library-->Help-->Create archive for bug report" immediately after you tried the refresh process
and upload it to http://stashbox.org for me... Thanks

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 16:14   #3
LuleN

Thanks for your answer, Abu!

I do have all files on my HD. I put all mp3's and cover.jpg's in the same folders (of course separate for the different albums), clicked and dragged the folders one at a time onto the iPod and then deleted the songs I didn't want. That was because I wanted to make sure that the jpg followed along the songs.

The one thing I may have done is to change info for some of the songs, but shouldn't it be possible to do that? And can I in some way transfer only the image file so that it "connects" with a certain album or song? That would be real smooth, in case you screw up like I may have did changing the metadata

Anyway, here is the link to my bug report:
stashbox.org/96207/iPod-M-2008-03-28-1800.zip

Again, thanks for your help so far!
LuleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 12:10   #4
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

I had a look at your archive, and basically it looks fine.
So I think it is because of tag changes that ml_ipod does not find the right artwork for your tracks. To verify this, delete just two or three songs from the iPod that don't show any artwork at the moment and then transfer them from the PC again. Now the artwork should work.
If that's the case, you will have to retransfer everything, sorry. ml_ipod has no way of knowing which track on the iPod belongs to which track on the PC, only by tags. And if you change the tas on one side (either PC or iPod), it gets lost.

If you know exactly what you changed, you can try to do the exact same change on the other side (PC or iPod). Then it should work again.
This is clumsy, I know, but there is no other way. Sorry.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion