Old 11th February 2007, 19:36   #1
mrd00d
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to mrd00d
Talking urinal cake to prevent DUI.

Watch the video of this story...

Maybe if more of these were around, less people would die from drunk driving related accidents.

I wish there was technology built into a car that could detect if you were drunk, that only certain people could over-ride, personally. I worked with a guy who had gotten 6 DUIs. Yep...SIX. After two you should never get your license back if you ask me.

In some countries you can be shot for drunk driving. Others your wife can go to prison if you are caught drunk driving and you are married. The laws for rape and drunk driving are too relaxed and not harsh enough if you ask me.

Taken from cnn.com
mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 21:00   #2
mikm
Major Dude

Quote:
I wish there was technology built into a car that could detect if you were drunk...
Uh, ignition interlocks exist.

In all honesty, I don't thin that a talking urinal cake would help all that much. People would still think that they are good to drive even if a urinal told them otherwise.

powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:26   #3
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I'd just piss on it.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:51   #4
rockouthippie
Banned

Re: Talking urinal cake to prevent DUI.

Quote:
Watch the video of this story...[/URL] I worked with a guy who had gotten 6 DUIs. Yep...SIX. After two you should never get your license back if you ask me.
No license. That would be cool except for one thing. The cops get tired of busting you for no license. I know a guy down the street that has had his license revoked (forever). He drives anyway. No insurance. He's been busted so many times that the cops just wave at him. There really is only so much they can do to you.

If anyone was serious about this, there would be no public alcohol sales. Let's face it. If you've been in the bar, you probably shouldn't be driving. For most people 3 drinks is over the limit. Who has two drinks?.

I think the DUI laws are funny. Like a lot of things, it's met activism and public rage. The same people that are outraged get busted.

If you drink, you've drove drunk. You just didn't get busted.

So while we let M.A.D.D. go on it's seasonal witchhunts, we enforced hefty laws against something that everybody who drinks has done.

The revenue buys pretty jails, funds ineffective alcohol treatment programs and keeps the liberals happy pretending to solve addiction problems.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:56   #5
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
If you drink, you've drove drunk. You just didn't get busted.
Not true.

Most of my drinking I do at home.

Last time I was in a bar, I probably had 8 or more drinks.

When I left, I took a cab.

I actually took the pre-caution before I started drinking by taking a cab to the bar.

I drive for a living, and you will not find me driving drunk.

Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:57   #6
rockouthippie
Banned

If you tell me that you drink and have never in your life drove drunk, I'm gonna call you a liar.

No offense.
Old 11th February 2007, 23:08   #7
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

I have never drove drunk. If you call me a liar, so be it.

My lawyer will be in contact with your lawyer.

It seems you can't spread rumors about somebody that are not true, or you might be facing a libel suit.

Old 11th February 2007, 23:35   #8
rockouthippie
Banned

You may not have considered yourself drunk. You're in Canada. About one of your beers, maybe 2 and you'd be over the legal limit here.

Canada has been tougher on drunk driving longer, so maybe it's different.

I still think your nose is growing though. If you're gonna ask me to believe (since you sat down at the bar and had 8 drinks) that you never had 3 drinks and drove, I'm gonna be real skeptical.

I'd even be pretty skeptical that you haven't drove with 8 drinks..... at some time in your life....

Maybe it's from being a bartender and listening to drunks discuss how bad drunk driving is
Old 11th February 2007, 23:42   #9
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Knock it off.

Now, your trolling and you can't assume everyone's an asshat.
Old 11th February 2007, 23:43   #10
mikm
Major Dude

Why is it so hard to believe that somebody never drove drunk?

powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 23:53   #11
rockouthippie
Banned

Because I've never seen it. I've had friends tell me sort of the same thing that Wally says, but they forget that I've known them for 30 years.

If you drink and you drive, you've drove drunk.... whose kidding who?.
Old 11th February 2007, 23:54   #12
Schmeet
Major Dude

I've never drove drunk.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 23:56   #13
zootm
Forum King

I know a few people who've never driven drunk. And I know people who have. I don't think I personally anyone so far into denial as to assume that "everyone's done it at some time" though.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 23:57   #14
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I've never seen the Statue of Liberty, hermaphodites or a two headed black king snake but I know that they exist
Old 11th February 2007, 23:58   #15
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
I know a few people who've never driven drunk.
Yeah, people that don't drink or don't drive.
Old 12th February 2007, 00:26   #16
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Almost immediately after obtaining my drivers license at age 19, I have driven to make a living.

Like I said earlier, most of my drinking takes place in a home setting, I rarely visit bars.

Yes, there are people who drink at times, but who will never drive drunk.

Right now I have a big bottle of Canadian Rye Whiskey right here in my office. It has been here since Christmas and remains unopened. I can drink when I want, and drink quite a bit at that time. I can also leave it alone.

It might help for you to know I don't drink beer, not the superior Canadian beer, not the cheap American beer. I just don't like the taste.

Old 12th February 2007, 00:34   #17
rockouthippie
Banned

OK, I'll give it to you. Maybe you are the one in a million.

My experience is as a patron and a bartender. I've worked in toilets, I've worked in ritsy places.

Just about nobody quits at two, which is what you need to do to maintain legality. Even the guys that came in for the "2 after work" exceeded that sometimes and still drove home.

If I ever had to make a living selling two drinks and cutting people off (like you're supposed to do), you couldn't run a bar.

Counting on people to stop at 2?. Not a chance.

It's not impossible that you can drink and drive and not drive drunk, it's just so improbable that it's almost impossible.

How many 6 shot Long Island Ice Teas have I sold while listening to how bad drunk driving is?.
Old 12th February 2007, 00:55   #18
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

If a urinal cake started talking to me, I'd go lay a large tip on the bartender for spiking my gin and tonic with shrooms.

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 03:29   #19
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

#2 in the #1 place.
Old 12th February 2007, 07:14   #20
mrd00d
Banned

Howzaboot some talking shitters then, will that help? I don't drive when drunk, and never have, nor will I ever.

Yes I have driven a car when extremely tired, which is almost the same thing. Typically I will pull over or let someone else drive. Driving drunk is not smart. I can't say I have never been behind the wheel when I was not all there...but I CAN say I haven't driven drunk. I rarely drink and if I do, I am already in for the night.
Old 12th February 2007, 08:59   #21
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Yeah, people that don't drink or don't drive.
Well, there's some people who do drink and do drive, and somehow manage to avoid mixing the two. It's just a bit of self-control

Old 12th February 2007, 19:49   #22
ASD5A
Titeleinzigartigkeit

Quote:
Well, there's some people who do drink and do drive, and somehow manage to avoid mixing the two. It's just a bit of self-control
QFUT!

Also there are people that make make appointment with their friends to get driven home by a sober person.

oversized e-penis replacement
ASD5A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 22:36   #23
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I haven't met them. I know a lot of people that lie about it. It's just typical denial. Drug problems are always someone else.

Quote:
Also there are people that make make appointment with their friends to get driven home by a sober person.
That is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've heard. From experience.... the designated driver either gets drunk themselves or leaves....... Ever try to hang out with drunk people when you are sober?. This doesn't work reliably.

None of this works. Traffic fatalities have not gone down, except as an improvement in the safety of cars. The number of chronic alcoholics have not gone down. The number of people abusing alcohol has not gone down. The number of people drunk driving has not gone down.

What has gone down is the amount of cash in your wallet.

I'll give you the best example I've got. Beaverton Police frequented Ikabods. It's the cop bar in Beaverton. A dozen of them were busted for DUI by the State Police in a one night sting.

I'm sure these cops would tell you they never drove drunk too. Coincidentally Beaverton police are one of the leaders in writing DUII tickets.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 12th February 2007 at 23:16.
Old 12th February 2007, 23:18   #24
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

No. It's clearly an effect of illegal immigration.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 00:18   #25
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Clinton did it, Clinton did it!
Old 13th February 2007, 00:50   #26
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
If people don't listen to their friends and family, why would they listen to a toilet?
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 01:00   #27
rockouthippie
Banned

Since half of the traffic fatalities are caused by sober drivers and 60% of us drink abusively, where's the slogan.

"Friends don't let friends drive sober?"

If you are too tired to drive and kill someone, nothing will happen to you.... but have a drink?.... different ball game.

An old boss I had was like that. He'd crash once a year from tired driving. Some really bad wrecks too. I know multi-loser DUII people that never hit anything. They got jail.
Old 13th February 2007, 01:57   #28
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
I haven't met them. I know a lot of people that lie about it. It's just typical denial. Drug problems are always someone else.
As much as I tried to make you right tonight, my mate just wouldn't accept a drink. People like that do exist.

Old 13th February 2007, 02:13   #29
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

I may be coming to Scotland in June. I hope you'll force me to accept a pint or two. And I promise not to drive.

Old 13th February 2007, 05:28   #30
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
As much as I tried to make you right tonight, my mate just wouldn't accept a drink. People like that do exist.
Yeah, but next time you might talk him into it. Unless he's the 40% of us that doesn't abuse alcohol.
Old 13th February 2007, 05:36   #31
mrd00d
Banned

rockouthippie : Call me 40 then. I have probably been 'drunk' possibly, never... I have been buzzed, but probably never 'drunk'. I usually was the 'designated dumbass'. Yes hanging with drunk people is retarded. But are you going to call me a liar now, because I said I have never driven drunk?

While I admit your honesty, do you really doubt some people just don't like to drink and as a result have less of a chance to drive drunk or lie about it?
Old 13th February 2007, 05:57   #32
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mrd00d
rockouthippie : Call me 40 then. I have probably been 'drunk' possibly, never... I have been buzzed, but probably never 'drunk'. I usually was the 'designated dumbass'. Yes hanging with drunk people is retarded. But are you going to call me a liar now, because I said I have never driven drunk?

While I admit your honesty, do you really doubt some people just don't like to drink and as a result have less of a chance to drive drunk or lie about it?
I think if I was betting on whether you drove "buzzed", I think I'd be taking the safer side of a bet to say you had.

I think people fall into three categories. People that basically don't drink. People that drink too much, but haven't gotten to be an alcoholic and people that are raging alcoholics.

The numbers are about 40%, 50% and 10% respectively.

Never is one hell of a long time. I'd say most of the 60% drinkers, and a lot of the 40% more or less dry people, drove sometime in their life.... impaired enough to be arrested.....

Drunk doesn't mean what it used to either. Drunk in most states is .08 blood alcohol. Did you split a bottle of wine with a date and have a drink?. You're over.

You don't have to be slimed.
Old 13th February 2007, 10:09   #33
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Yeah, but next time you might talk him into it. Unless he's the 40% of us that doesn't abuse alcohol.
Nah, he's one of the lucky few with enough willpower to avoid things like that.

I'm probably not, but I never learned to drive so it's less of an issue!

Old 13th February 2007, 13:14   #34
mrd00d
Banned

I don't go 'clubbing', I don't hang out in bars. I live in Utah. If I ever 'drink' it's for taste, same with if I ever smoke. (And I have asthma so I don't really smoke either, because it could put me in the hospital) I find both habits to be ridiculous, dangerous, and for people without their heads screwed on right. I am not even addicted to caffiene, but I do have a soda every now and then.

I don't like feeling 'buzzed' and the stuff makes me sick to my stomach, so, again...I haven't driven 'buzzed' either. I consider that not only stupid but very irresponsible, and to do so is pretty much suicidal. I can't imagine trying to live with yourself after being a slobbering drunk that drove and killed someone's family. I would rather die.

If I ever have a Miller Genuine Draft or a Guiness at a restaraunt, I am typically with my Wife, and we decide BEFORE one of us has something with ANY alchohol who is driving. It's simple really...if I have even half a beer, she drives. That's it.

If she wants a magarita, I drink Pepsi and I drive. I am not sure why this is such a complicated thing for people to understand.

Oh and by the way, I once got buzzed on 1 wine cooler, so, yes...I am a super duper lightwieght, and therefore wouldn't take chances driving if I drank alchohol...EVER.

If I know I might get 'buzzed', I am at home or at a friends and we are already planning on staying the night or I have a driver who isn't drinking already lined up. If anyone who is 'drunk' or drinks at my house, they will have a ride or stay at my house until I am positive they are not drunk, even if that means all night. I am the guy who will take people's keys no matter how mad they get about it if they are drunk. 'Drinking responsibly' isn't just for people who drink, it's for ANYONE who knows anyone is drinking.
Old 13th February 2007, 15:52   #35
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

It's complicated because some people have voices in their head that cannot be denied.

Old 14th February 2007, 03:09   #36
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mrd00d
'Drinking responsibly' isn't just for people who drink, it's for ANYONE who knows anyone is drinking.
First, you're in Utah. Second, the idea that people shouldn't drive impaired is a fairly new one. Unless you were in Utah, then drinking was the new idea.

Driving drunk doesn't mean what driving drunk used to mean. 20 years ago the only way you would ever get busted for drunk driving is if you hit something. If you did get busted, it would be a fine..... like the one Cheney and Bush both got.

MADD went on this giant witch hunt. It hasn't saved any lives, it's been expensive, and it's drawn too much away from other issues. It's institutionalized AA, which by it's own numbers is a dismal failure in treating alcoholism.

Look, I'm not saying that drinking or doing drugs is a good thing, but people are always flying off the handle. Politicians find political advantage in supporting rage against this, that or the other thing that is often pretty baseless.

An example is the Iraq war. 3000 people got killed. In the scheme of things this is just another day on the freeway. Another example is the orchestrated rage against George Bush. It doesn't profit the country.

The youngster that killed all those people in Utah. In reality, this too is just another day on the freeway.

Now we're in to a multi-billion dollar war and every bomb scare or idle threat has cops showing up at our schools with a rifle and body armor. Kids have been shot for having a BB gun.

Reagan started the drug war more than 20 years ago. What's the result?. The drugs are worst, more dangerous and stronger. Our prisons are full of people that didn't do anything except take drugs. At $30,000- $70,000 a year for a prison bed, maybe we just should have bought them some drugs.

Whether it's the war on drugs, the war on drunks, the war on terrorists, the war on people that smoke, spank their kids, yell at jerks on the freeway, drive an SUV..... the war against Bush.. the war against Clinton.....

Whether it's MADD, ball busting feminists, race activists, right wing christian whack jobs.... well you get my drift...

It makes me wonder?.

Which is worst?. Living with the problems or supporting the reactive way we handle things?.

There aren't less fatalities, we aren't safer in the war, it hasn't made drugs go away, it hasn't made the terrorists go away.....I don't think any of us is any happier.

It just made us broke. It's almost like it's against the common wisdom to do anything reasonable. It's always gotta be some dog and pony show.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 14th February 2007 at 03:56.
Old 14th February 2007, 04:14   #37
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I'm going out on a late night, high speed run tonight with no headlights.

As soon as I finish this 12 pack.
Old 14th February 2007, 04:36   #38
rockouthippie
Banned

I lived.

Old 16th February 2007, 07:53   #39
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Quote:
t $30,000- $70,000 a year for a prison bed, maybe we just should have bought them some drugs.
Yeah, buy me some drugs.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Don't click this link!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 08:51   #40
net-cruizer

I've had 2 impaired charges, a very long time ago, and if I were to get one more, I'd lose my liscence forever here in Canada.
Although for 15 years (after the charges), I've not had a valid drivers liscence, nor do I bother driving period, I don't plan on getting my liscence back, since it'd probably be the cause of me getting another impaired, lol.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News