Old 17th October 2001, 11:57   #1
Sarmad

WinAmp Music PlayBack Quality ??!!??

Hi,,,
I Like to have allways the top music quality ...
and I Started to notice that WinAmp play back the WMA Files much much better from MP3 and Wave Files ...

and there is another thing ....

I trayed to play this Files in the Windows Media Player 7.1
and I got a ver nice and good quality ....Better that WinAmp ..???
win I Play the MP3s

so the WMA work Great in Both (WinAmp and Windows Media Player7.1)
and the MP3 work better im Windows Media Player 7.1

Note: I'm Using WinAmp 2.77

So is there any one who have or notice this thing...

if you like go to my test page and download the files so you hear it by yourself...

and if I'm right and WinAmp MP3 PlayBack is not good then We Ask
The WinAmp Team to work harder for our lovely Music Player

WinAmp is the best

Have a Nice Day ...
Sarmad

Last edited by Sarmad; 17th October 2001 at 12:22.
Sarmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2001, 12:49   #2
Wish
Major Dude

Winamp's Decoder
http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~djmro...rs_winamp.html

WiMP's Decoder
http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~djmro...ers_wmp7b.html
Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2001, 13:52   #3
Sarmad

I got it .....

I found the when you use the Dee Plugins ... it make the sound quality not so I checked the program again ... and it it great as
we all know

so may I say Sorry to WinAmp and WinAmp Team

Thnaks again

Sarmad
Sarmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 05:50   #4
jolo

Send a message via AIM to jolo
Media Player 7.1 and Winamp 2.8

I'm sorry to say, that after installing and massaging Winamp 2.80 with various options, Media Player 7.1 play my MP3s a whole lot better.

The stereo seperation, depth of sound, sounds much better than Winamp 2.80, which sounds really flat in comparison.

I would bet that the issue is a plug-in or configuration issue.

Any thoughts ??
jolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 06:00   #5
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Crosspost. http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=89125
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 14:00   #6
GoldenSphynx
Forum King

Yeah, and its Winamp or WINAMP!!
GoldenSphynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 14:19   #7
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
jolo. stop reviving old threads.

s1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 19:07   #8
jolo

Why the sensitivity ??

I am NOT trying to revive old threads, and if I was why is that a problem ? I'm sorry this is frustrating to you, but I assure you, my situation is more frustrating to me. I'm am trying to sincerely search on getting some solid advice on improving Winamp's sound for me. I think that as a moderator, it would more fruitful to try to post something that might be helpful and factual to a poster, rather than to be reactive (and more than a tad paranoid). By noticing that I'm looking through the forum hoping to find an answer or to solicit an honest fix to my situation. I AM LOOKING FOR HELP AND INFORMATION.

I'm new to the forum, plus for the third time, with the help of my two sons, using three different computers with dfferent configurations, I am trying to get Winamp to sound better. All of us have experienced the same results. The only reason for this message is that I have searching any information where someone who also had the same issue as me might have found a solution.

I AM NOT trying to promote WMP 7.1, just the opposite. I have spent hours, trying to figure out why my Winamp sounds so flat and lifeless compared to WMP 7.1 on our three different systems. On the WMP 7.1, i have put no configuration changes whatsoever, using the default settings only !!

It is just so hard to believe after reading reviews of Winamp and looking at the forum that WMP 7.1 would do a better job of playing MP3s than winamp. Obviously, I am not the only one who notices this. I'm sure that there is something I'm missing in the configuration or in a plug-in.

Winamp is such a wonderful feature rich product that is saddens me that I'm getting such mediocre output from it. But, what saddens me more, is the defensive reaction that a moderator would send out to sincere posters.
Old 28th May 2002, 19:24   #9
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

1) Post the configurations that you are using in both programs. This includes versions, plugins being used, sound cards, operating systems, and anything else that you think might have an effect.

2)Try first to turn everything OFF that might be affecting the sound in both programs. Windows Media Player has some sound enhancement functions that might be leading you to believe that the music sounds better in it than it does in Winamp. In WMP 8.0 (and 7, I believe) you can find the eq/dsp settings in the View Menu under "Now Playing Tools"

3)You've posted about this in at least three different threads. This multiplies the frustation level considerably. If everyone looking for an answer posted their question in three different places, it would be an enormously difficult task to manage these forums....so the crossposting and old thread reviving is discouraged from the the very first post of an new-to-the-forums member.

4) If something suggested here (in the forums in general) doesn't work for you, or does work, but doesn't completely fix the problem, please, please, report what you did and what you want to happen - In the SAME thread as the first one you started....it's much easier for someone trying to help you to follow the conversation if they know where to look.

Any more questions, feel free to ask me, use the PM button find at the bottom of every members posts.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 19:55   #10
jolo

Thanks

Thanks Gonzotek,

I greatly appreciate your response !!

I will take you up on your generous offer and post you some specifics on your PM.

When working it out, then I'll post the solutions. I'm really anxious to find out what is going on and to be educated.

I can tell you that the first thing I will do is delete my Winamp and reinstall a fresh copy, therefore any of the changes I was put in will be gone and can start from scratch.

Thank you my friend !!

Jolo (Jon)
Old 28th May 2002, 20:32   #11
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

Hey Jolo. I like things pretty simple. I use Audiostocker as my only DSP plug-in. It adds a small amount of compression and also normalizes the volume of .mp3s so that a playlist of various songs doesn't have greatly differing volume levels. I find that this in conjunction with Winamp's built in equalizer makes for pretty good sound.

A lot of people like the DSP plug-ins "Dee" and "Enhancer" (go to the plug-ins page, there's a search function if you want to try them), but I find they distort the sound too much for my taste.

Also, FYI, Windows Media Player comes with a DSP plug-in that is already on when you first start it up. Turn off the plug-in and turn off WMP's equalizer and you'll find that the sound is comparable to Winamp when it is used without DSP or EQ.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 22:16   #12
jolo

Audiostocker

Thanks mi amigo, I'll give it a try. Didn't know aobut the "automatic" add-in that WMP has. But makes sense.
Old 29th May 2002, 00:59   #13
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

No problem dude. If I remember correcly Audiostocker has to be un-zipped into the plug-ins folder in the Winamp folder of the Program Files folder in order to work.
Old 29th May 2002, 02:43   #14
QHOBBES
Banned

Send a message via AIM to QHOBBES Send a message via Yahoo to QHOBBES
speaking of DSP, is there a way I can "stack" (i.e. have more than
one going) DSP plugins?
QHOBBES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 05:46   #15
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by QHOBBES
speaking of DSP, is there a way I can "stack" (i.e. have more than
one going) DSP plugins?
MuchFX 2 can do this. I've used it and it works well. Personally I find that too many DSP effects combined can ruin the sound, but try it with a few combos and see what works for yourself. There may be other DSP stackers, but this is all the search came up with for me.

[edit] gotta fix link...brb

This one should work
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions