Old 17th April 2019, 16:59   #1
KaiserD2

New ipod classic on the way

Gang,

I'm glad to see things are jumping here today.

I've been using winamp to manage ipod classics for at least 10 years. My main one has just failed, probably irretrievably, and I managed to get a good new one on ebay (at a high price I must say, but I can't live without it and didn't want a refurbished one.) So when it arrives in a few days I have the huge job of loading it again.

The version of winamp I am now running on Windows 7 is I think 5.666, if that makes sense--I got that number from a file name--I can't figure out how to get the version from the program itself. I have playlists for the music I want to put on the ipod on it. However, the last time I was doing this job, some years back, this version would not simply move a whole playlist onto the ipod. I had to go to the file where the songs were, select them all, create a new playlist on the ipod, and drag them into it. This is not ideal.

My question is, is the current version of winamp better at this? Will it send the playlist and songs to the ipod with a couple of clicks? I hesitate to replace the version I'm using since it has worked just fine for quite a while, but I would if it would solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Kaiserd2

Listener
KaiserD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 18:52   #2
musicf8
Major Dude

If you can't do it in 5.6x then I doubt 5.8 beta will work any better.

When I was using winamp to manage my 120gb ipod classic I personally found the integrated ipod management to be subpar, which is why I ended up sticking with v5.63 and used the ml_ipod plugin that added tons of functionality over the stock pmp_ipod plugin.

You might want to give that route a try, or you can try doing what I did, use a portable version of musicbee just to sync my music

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp: (Winamp 5.8) is not an ongoing project get wacup

5.8 beta issue quick fix - Install 5.666 (there's no further 5.8 releases)
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist