Old 16th October 2011, 20:46   #1
1ShEiTaN1

2 part question regarding quality and visuals...

I am using an asus xonar essence stx and have the MAIKO wasapi plugin installed. Any thought on buffer size, and more importantly how do I know for sure it's being utilized? Basically I'm trying to get the best possible sound with my card, denon d2000's and winamp-any help would be very much appreciated!!

second question is visualizations. Is it really a must to re enable my visualization plugin every start up, or is there a way to have it come up automatically the way I left it with every start up? Hopefully there is.

Thanx for your time...
1ShEiTaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 11:34   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi 1ShEiTaN1,

What version of Maiko are you using? There should be a tray icon visible when it's
loaded (being used or not). If you open it's configuration box, there is real-time status
feedback. In shared mode, it's best to let the buffer be determined automatically.
Exclusive mode has some bugs and may not work well for you.

The link below is to a thread in the Developer Center forum. Posting there, you have
a better change to get a response from Maiko's developer, 'SilverBird775'. He's Russian.
Very good, but not great with English.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=302485

If you have more that a stereo speaker setup and Maiko's upmixing works for you,
please post back. It does not work with my 5.1 and I'm trying to determine if it's my
sound card that's the problem. If you just use 'cans', are the Denon's comfortable for
long term use? I have a pair of Turtle Beach 5.1 cans. Work great, but they get
uncomfortable after an hour or so.

Can't help with the second question.
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 11:37   #3
SilverBird775

Hello,

For a MAIKO part,

After extracting the plugin into winamp's plugin directory you need to select it in Winamp Preferences.

Then you may want to configure it. If there is a troublesome time to you on understanding the Maiko's options then you may want to leave it where they are. The plugin is self optimizing and does not do what is not essential. Later on, with more confidence you may want to try some advanced options which may work to you or may not.

You may see the Maiko's output is at work by looking the Maiko's output settings. There is the options, status log with a most essential workflow information and Buffer fill monitor. When the Buffer fill monitor animated, the sound flows on through this plugin.
SilverBird775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 13:12   #4
1ShEiTaN1

ok thanks...hopefully someone will answer my second question.
1ShEiTaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 15:08   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi 1ShEiTaN1,

You got answers for your Maiko questions, could you please answer mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post

If you have more that a stereo speaker setup and Maiko's upmixing works for you,
please post back. It does not work with my 5.1 and I'm trying to determine if it's my
sound card that's the problem. If you just use 'cans', are the Denon's comfortable for
long term use? I have a pair of Turtle Beach 5.1 cans. Work great, but they get
uncomfortable after an hour or so.
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support