Old 24th February 2014, 10:50   #1
helgatheviking

Can't change forum password from User Control Panel

I'm doing a security audit on all my web accounts and wanted to change my password here. However, even though I've obviously logged in (granted my account is old and in disuse) I was unable to change my password to something more secure.

Quote:
helgatheviking, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
If you are trying to edit your profile, this can only be done once you have made at least 20 posts.
Could someone else me figure this out?
helgatheviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 14:31   #2
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

as said: If you are trying to edit your profile, this can only be done once you have made at least 20 posts.

May seem strange but it's something we had to do to fight the army of spammers.
There's no need to make 17 useless posts, you can PM a moderator to change your status.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 15:46   #3
helgatheviking

Thank you. I will attempt to contact a moderator.
helgatheviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 19:57   #4
DrO

try again, we've force updated your account so you can make password changes. if it still isn't allowing you, then please follow-up in a PM with me. and apologies about this, is an unwanted side effect of trying to combat spam accounts vs what the VBB forum software allows us to control (without having to try to modify things).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

Tags
password