Old 17th August 2011, 22:11   #1
agentmith

Config question, stream URL question

I am on the current version of all components.

This is slightly confusing to word correctly, so I apologize ahead of time.

On the Shoutcast Admin page the Stream URL has www.mysite.com, which is my blog. When clicked on, the link is actually for "shoutcast.mysite.com:####/www.mysite.com", which just downloads a never-ending file (which i'm assuming is streaming my station, because at this point it shows another connection on the admin page). My question is, where is this Stream URL configured and what should it be configured to say? Should it say my parent webpage, should it say my shoutcast.mysite.com page, or should it have the whole path with port and everything?

The only relevant spot I see is on the DNAS plugin, but as soon as you click "make this server public" it grays out, and what I put there doesn't seem to matter anyway.

So... this leads to my second question, which is tangentially related

Under Streampath= in the config file, what should this be exactly? The example config has /test.aac and /test2.aac for their streampath, but I don't see where I can specify what this path is on winamp. All of my music is in mp3 format also, if that matters. I'd like to be able to put a link somewhere like shoutcast.mysite.com:####\something.pls or whatever is appropriate for a station, so links wont hit the admin page. Right now, I have it as Streampath= /, and it works when I open the url directly.

Thanks in advance. Let me if I need to address any imminent confusion.
agentmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 09:56   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmith View Post
On the Shoutcast Admin page the Stream URL has www.mysite.com, which is my blog. When clicked on, the link is actually for "shoutcast.mysite.com:####/www.mysite.com", which just downloads a never-ending file (which i'm assuming is streaming my station, because at this point it shows another connection on the admin page). My question is, where is this Stream URL configured and what should it be configured to say? Should it say my parent webpage, should it say my shoutcast.mysite.com page, or should it have the whole path with port and everything?
that's a bug i internally fixed last week - because there was no http:// at the start the browser tries to create an url using the DNAS's address as the base (it thinks it's working with a relative address). this will be fixed in the next DNAS release.

Quote:
The only relevant spot I see is on the DNAS plugin, but as soon as you click "make this server public" it grays out, and what I put there doesn't seem to matter anyway.
that's because the details of the authhash are used instead of what is specified by the source once the authhash details have been obtained.

Quote:
Under Streampath= in the config file, what should this be exactly? The example config has /test.aac and /test2.aac for their streampath, but I don't see where I can specify what this path is on winamp. All of my music is in mp3 format also, if that matters.
whatever you want really. the examples are just to show what it could be, but if you wanted the path to end as /bob then you can specify it as that. if you've only providing direct playlists (as below) then you probably don't even need to worry about such things and just have it at the default path of /stream/#/

one thing i am thinking of changing for the next DNAS to improve legacy tool compatibility is to change stream #1 to default to / for the streampath and then it be /stream/#/ for all other streams. but i'm not 100% on doing that at the moment.

Quote:
I'd like to be able to put a link somewhere like shoutcast.mysite.com:####\something.pls or whatever is appropriate for a station, so links wont hit the admin page. Right now, I have it as Streampath= /, and it works when I open the url directly.
you can already do that just by linking to the /listen.pls which the DNAS can automatically provide (if ?sid=# is not specified then it'll default to the playlist from stream #1).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support