Old 10th July 2006, 22:23   #41
dllmain

New release. This is mainly 0.5.3 with a few
installer fixes and the installer itself.
(source code can be installed as option like before)

>> gen_mbapi_0_5_4_setup.exe

dllmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 09:58   #42
whoami

Quote:
Originally posted by dllmain
New release. This is mainly 0.5.3 with a few
installer fixes and the installer itself.
(source code can be installed as option like before)

>> gen_mbapi_0_5_4_setup.exe

Alas, another update and the plugin has just been republished.. I have to put it back to unpublished again;

Well, it was forseen and I have no choice. I am sorry, Winamp review staff
whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 19:31   #43
sfwrtr

Minibrowser, ancient revered feature, restored!

Thank you.

It works like a charm. The minibrowser is a core feature, and as far as I am concerned it should never have been removed. Again, thank you for giving me the ability to re-enable it.

Suggestion: The URL button is also missing in this post 521 world. Could you please add open URL to the context menu in the minibrowser?

-RS
sfwrtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 00:13   #44
Ikeburner

Send a message via ICQ to Ikeburner
With the latest update, the plugin works for me (didn't seem to load before), but crashes whenever I use Album List's show cover in minibrowser feature.

Please keep working on it, this plugin would be essential part of Winamp for me!
Ikeburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 00:22   #45
dllmain

Quote:
Originally posted by Ikeburner
ith the latest update, the plugin works for me (didn't seem to load before), but crashes whenever I use Album List's show cover in minibrowser feature.
Does a message pop up when it crashes?
What does it say? Or is it a freeze-crash?
Old 12th July 2006, 16:40   #46
Ikeburner

There seems to be some activity in the minibrowser for half a second, as if it's trying to load something - but then Winamp just shuts down without any notice or error.
Old 13th July 2006, 01:21   #47
whoami

Quote:
Originally posted by Ikeburner
There seems to be some activity in the minibrowser for half a second, as if it's trying to load something - but then Winamp just shuts down without any notice or error.
To fix a bug, we have to reproduce the symptom first.

Please give us info about:
1) your Winamp version and type (Lite/Full..)
2) the plugins installed
3) your OS version in your computer
4) your Internet Explorer version
5) the scenario to reproduce the symptom
6) any info if you think you should say
Old 13th July 2006, 02:10   #48
Safai

Send a message via ICQ to Safai
OnIpcMbOpenReal: strstr crashes when szUrl is NULL.

AL calls IPC_MBOPEN with url equal to NULL to open the minibrowser first.

Btw, this is with the 0.5.4

According to the winamp sdk... NULL is a valid input.

code:
#define IPC_MBOPEN 241
/* (requires Winamp 2.05+)
** SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_MBOPEN);
** SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)url,IPC_MBOPEN);
** IPC_MBOPEN will open a new URL in the minibrowser. if url is NULL, it will open the Minibrowser window.
*/

Safai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 15:28   #49
whoami

Quote:
Originally posted by Safai
OnIpcMbOpenReal: strstr crashes when szUrl is NULL.

AL calls IPC_MBOPEN with url equal to NULL to open the minibrowser first.

Btw, this is with the 0.5.4

According to the winamp sdk... NULL is a valid input.

code:
#define IPC_MBOPEN 241
/* (requires Winamp 2.05+)
** SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_MBOPEN);
** SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)url,IPC_MBOPEN);
** IPC_MBOPEN will open a new URL in the minibrowser. if url is NULL, it will open the Minibrowser window.
*/

Oh, I see. My bad.

I only put the code for NULL when the minibrower is NOT up. It is easily fixed. Here is a new (sigh; ) version.

We are in luck: 0.5.4 is NOT republished yet.

This is NOT a setup file.. sorry but this forum allows only a file under 102400 bytes.

(ps) yeah!

Quote:
Suggestion: The URL button is also missing in this post 521 world. Could you please add open URL to the context menu in the minibrowser?
The URL button is currently not supported.. well, you can find "Navigate" button on the configuration dialog box... besides, is it needed? I have a feeling that browsing the net with the minibrowser is "overacting" because it is easier to surf with "internet explorer" itself.. or your choice of web browser..
Attached Files
File Type: rar gen_mbapi_0_6.rar (53.4 KB, 633 views)
Old 14th July 2006, 17:14   #50
Ikeburner

Quote:
Originally posted by whoami
To fix a bug, we have to reproduce the symptom first.

Please give us info about:
1) your Winamp version and type (Lite/Full..)
2) the plugins installed
3) your OS version in your computer
4) your Internet Explorer version
5) the scenario to reproduce the symptom
6) any info if you think you should say
1) 5.24 Full (Pro)
2) Album List (http://albumlist.sourceforge.net/)
3) Windows XP Professional SP 2
4) 6.0.something (whatever is latest, I don't use it)
5) Album List has a "Show Cover" option, where an image of the album cover is shown in the minibrowser for whichever album is playing at the moment. Whenever that is supposed to happen, Winamp just shuts down without further notice.
6) Er... thanks for all the trouble you're going through to make this plugin!
Old 15th July 2006, 01:43   #51
whoami

@Ikeburner:

First of all, the Album List plugin will not crash with gen_mbapi 0.6 (thanks to Safai).

However, its "Show Cover" feature DOES NOT work on gen_mbapi. It does not because the minibrowser does not accept "file://" protocol, and it is not gen_mbapi's fault but M$'s fault. M$ made IHTMLDocument2 (the controller of Internet Explorer) accepting only "http://" protocol.

I am looking for solution of this issue, but there is no luck right now. You should wait until I find such a solution or just use Winamp 5.21-.

Sorry about this.
Old 15th July 2006, 15:59   #52
Ikeburner

Oh, I see. Well, I guess it really is the best solution to downgrade. Still, keep up the good work!
Old 16th July 2006, 18:25   #53
whoami

Bad news and Good news

A bad news is.. the lyric homepage which was the motive of developing mbapi plugin (the homepage distributed a lyric plugin and it became out of order when Winamp went 5.22+) seems not to come online for several days.. I am worrying it goes away.. forever.

A good news is.. I got a clue for "not accepting 'file://' issue". There will be a new version, but I am thinking I should add some unsupporting features (e.g. URL button) for the new version.. because tomorrow is a holiday in my country and I will have some time to try for them.

I will try to submit 0.7 tomorrow. Wish me luck (and 7 is a lucky number, they say.. don't they?)
Old 16th July 2006, 18:40   #54
DrO

you'll need to do a new submission as re-submissions just plain don't work anymore (none in the last month and a bit have so that can be classified as not working)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2006, 17:33   #55
whoami

Minibrowser API Support 0.7 for Winamp 5.22+

Are you guys waiting for me? (if not, well.. )

While I was developing 0.7, I encountered a major flaw of the plugin and had a hard time resolving the issue.. Gee, what a "LUCKY" version number..

Anyway, here is a shiny-new-skyrocketing version of gen_mbapi.

Let's see..
First of all, I found out how to derive IWebBrowser2 (a higher layer of Internet Explorer controller) from IHTMLDocument2, and it accepts not only "http:", but also "file:" and some other "standard" URL protocol that Internet Explorer normally accepts.

In short, it works just like your normal IE.

Then, I fixed the bug that gen_mbapi loses control when a user changes Media Library view from "Now Playing" and changes back to "Now Playing" after gen_mbapi having control over the Minibrowser. No one had noticed this flaw because I designed the plugin to gain control only when needed..

In addition - I hope many people to be satisfied for this feature - I added a context menu to the minibrowser for opening "Open URL" dialog. I originally tried to add the "Misc.." button, but I had to understand how skin works if I added the button, and it really annoyed me.

Lastly.. following features are supported on 0.7:
- IPC callback : IPC_CB_ONSHOWWND and IPC_CB_ONHIDEWND (with IPC_CB_WND_MB)
- WM_COMMAND calls : WINAMP_OPTIONS_MINIBROWSER, MB_FWD, MB_BACK, MB_RELOAD, MB_OPENMENU and MB_OPENLOC

I hope there is no bug.. but I am (you-know-what) developer, so I am not sure I will resubmit the setup version in a couple of days, so please try this rar-version first and notice me if you find any issue.
Attached Files
File Type: rar gen_mbapi_0_7.rar (58.5 KB, 528 views)
Old 17th July 2006, 17:46   #56
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Re: Minibrowser API Support 0.7 for Winamp 5.22+

Quote:
Originally posted by whoami
I hope there is no bug.. but I am (you-know-what) developer, so I am not sure
human?

I will go play with it before i have to leave for class

winamp wouldnt start until i deleted winamp.ini. i had version .4(i think) installed and i think i had to delete winamp.ini before this one would load. hopefully it wasnt another plugin? as far as i know, the only plugin i have installed that would cause a conflict is dllmain's allmusic plugin.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2006, 21:03   #57
Safai

whoami,

I noticed on my other machine that it failed to find ml_nowplaying.dll and shows the now playing not found message.

The problem is with GetCurrentDirectory returning "C:\" in the DoesNowPlayingExist function.

Here is what I use in my plugin to get the plugin directory.

GetModuleFileName(NULL, dirPlugin, MAX_PATH);
PathRemoveFileSpec(dirPlugin);
PathAppend(dirPlugin, "Plugins");

Other than that, it seems to work fine with my plugin now...
Old 18th July 2006, 08:50   #58
Maxim

I have the same problem, but when I tried to recompile it with the fix it fails because PrepareMBDialogSubclassing() is used but not declared.

Edit: I just needed to include mbdialog.cpp in the solution. It works better now, but I get crashes on this line:

code:
isp->QueryService(IID_IWebBrowserApp, IID_IWebBrowser2, (void**)&iwb2);

which is up the stack from some ATL stuff and a bunch of stuff inside shdocvw.dll, apparently caused by a bad pointer being released in the ATL code. It happens when I load a MB page, switch to a different ML page, then load another MB page.

Last edited by Maxim; 18th July 2006 at 09:21.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 19:28   #59
whoami

Minibrowser API Support 0.7.1 for Winamp 5.22+

Quote:
The problem is with GetCurrentDirectory returning "C:\" in the DoesNowPlayingExist function.
@Safai:
I replaced DoesNowPlayingExist() with your method but my way, because I don't want to include shlwapi.h and shlwapi.lib only for PathRemoveFileSpec() and PathAppend(). My replacement works fine in my computer, though. This 0.7.1 is the bugfix version.

Quote:
Edit: I just needed to include mbdialog.cpp in the solution. It works better now, but I get crashes on this line:
code:

isp->QueryService(IID_IWebBrowserApp, IID_IWebBrowser2, (void**)&iwb2);

@Maxim: I guess you are using Visual studio 2003.. and I didn't compile this code on the environment because I use Visual C++ 6.0. I wish that dllmain tries to compile the code and tell us what is wrong.

Therefore, version 0.7.1 will be replaced shortly as soon as dllmain tries 0.7.1 on VS 2003 (the project files must be replaced anyway because I added new source files. Until then, please try the plugin in the rar file - which I compiled on VS 6.0 - and notify me if any issue found.

(ps)
By the way, I opened a project for this plugin on the sourceforge.net as dllmain recommends to me, but I haven't uploaded any files yet because I am a newbie for sf. Until I am used to sf, please be patient if I keep uploading in this forum.
Attached Files
File Type: rar gen_mbapi_0_7_1.rar (58.6 KB, 682 views)
Old 18th July 2006, 22:21   #60
JW

Looks like the "open last visited URL" got broken with 0.7. The URL still gets updated in winamp.ini, but does not get opened when Winamp is restarted.

EDIT - This seems to be related to the latest version of Album List (v. 2.06). I backed down to 2.05 and it's working again.

Last edited by JW; 18th July 2006 at 22:45.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 14:25   #61
whoami

Quote:
Originally posted by JW
Looks like the "open last visited URL" got broken with 0.7. The URL still gets updated in winamp.ini, but does not get opened when Winamp is restarted.

EDIT - This seems to be related to the latest version of Album List (v. 2.06). I backed down to 2.05 and it's working again.
I am not sure if AL 2.06 does this (I haven't seen the source code of AL 2.06), but mbapi plugin is designed to ignore "last visited URL" if there is another request after the winamp is up. It is logical because the request is "latest" one comparing with the "last visited URL" request. Therefore if AL 2.06 sends a request as fast as winamp is up, the minibrowser does not visit the URL.
Old 19th July 2006, 15:23   #62
Safai

@whoami,
The minibrowser code in AL haven't changed in ages...

I think it had something to do with IPC_MBBLOCK that is called after showing the cover.

Any reason why that value is saved between sessions? to be honest, I don't know what's the correct behaviour...

Here is the sequence of MB calls...

wndWinamp.SendIPCMessage(0, IPC_MBBLOCK);
wndWinamp.SendIPCMessage(0, IPC_MBOPEN);
wndWinamp.SendIPCMessage((WPARAM)url, IPC_MBOPEN);
wndWinamp.SendIPCMessage(1, IPC_MBBLOCK);

PS. the latest source code (post 2.06b277) is available at http://albumlist.cvs.sourceforge.net/albumlist/

@JW™
a workaround would be to uncheck "Block IPC_MBOPEN" in the MBAPI plugin config before you close winamp...
Old 19th July 2006, 16:44   #63
whoami

code:

wndWinamp.SendIPCMessage(0, IPC_MBBLOCK);
wndWinamp.SendIPCMessage(0, IPC_MBOPEN);
wndWinamp.SendIPCMessage((WPARAM)url, IPC_MBOPEN);
wndWinamp.SendIPCMessage(1, IPC_MBBLOCK);

Oh, I see. mbapi plugin DOES keep IPC_MBBLOCK value, and the "visit last URL" request is sent via IPC_MBOPEN, not IPC_MBOPENREAL (which ignores IPC_MBBLOCK setting).

There are two solution for this issue:
1) send "visit last URL" via IPC_MBOPENREAL, which is responsible to mbapi plugin.
2) do not touch IPC_MBBLOCK when AL shows the cover, or turn it off when a song is finished, which is responsible to AL plugin.

Hmm.. or I could set the return value of IPC_MBBLOCK to its
previous value so the value changer can restore its previous value.. but it makes the respond of the IPC call different from the original one..

Please tell us your opinion so I and dllmain changes its behavior of the next version (and I believe that dllmain is working for a new version with updated project files of VS2003 or higher).
Old 20th July 2006, 12:49   #64
Maxim

To compile in VS2003+ you need to open the .vcproj file and add this:
code:
<File
RelativePath=".\mbdialog.cpp">
</File>

at the appropriate place in the XML (ie. after the </File> for gen_mbapi.cpp). People using these versions of Visual Studio can alternatively open the .dsw file and have it automatically converted.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 15:21   #65
Safai

@whoami,
In general, I think we should aim for the same behaviour as the original api... with that said, I'll let you decide which way to go since you're the expert...
Old 21st July 2006, 19:11   #66
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

dllmain, sorry for being OT, but thank you for bundling the NSIS script file too. So I was finally able to fix my code in the Tray Control icon pack installer. My code to autodetect the running winamp.exe and close them was buggy, the compiler won't compile the script, so I removed the code for 2.0 final. Now it finally work as expected.

Thanks.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2006, 15:05   #67
whoami

Minibrowser API Support 0.7.2 for Winamp 5.22+

All right, folks. I think dllmain is having busy days, so I put the changed version before he does.

It is a minor-changed version of 0.7.1, and it now sends "pre-requested URL" as IPC_MBOPENREAL, which does not affect by IPC_MBBLOCK.

And, thanks for Maxim, I modified VS2003's project file and hope it now includes the new source files.. I couldn't confirm it though, because I don't have VS2003.

Finally, this version is resubmitted to Winamp homepage, for there is no complaint except the "Visit last URL" issue.

Well, that's that. whoami out. (click) *radio noise*
Attached Files
File Type: rar gen_mbapi_0_7_2.rar (58.7 KB, 1173 views)
Old 13th August 2006, 10:28   #68
bruder_s

please ignore...

Last edited by bruder_s; 13th August 2006 at 13:04.
bruder_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2006, 17:09   #69
Safai

whoami:
the IPC_IS_MBAPI_ABSENT api is not working...

the one you registered in the plugin has a different value than the one using the code in your readme...

code:
IPC_IS_MBAPI_ABSENT = SendMessage(plugin.hwndParent,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)&cszPluginName,IPC_REGISTER_WINAMP_IPCMESSAGE);

IPC_IS_MBAPI_ABSENT equals 0x0001000f

while

code:
if (SendMessage(plugin.hwndParent,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_GETVERSION) >= 0x5022)
{
IPC_IS_MBAPI_ABSENT=SendMessage(plugin.hwndParent,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)&"gen_mbapi",IPC_REGISTER_WINAMP_IPCMESSAGE);
if( SendMessage(plugin.hwndParent,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_IS_MBAPI_ABSENT) )
{
// Minibrowser API Support is NOT installed
MessageBox(plugin.hwndParent, "Error : Minibrowser API is not supported", "Error", MB_OK | MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);
return -1;
}
}

IPC_IS_MBAPI_ABSENT equals 0x00010010

it works after changing the way you register the message in your plugin to be same as the readme (ie, replacing cszPluginName with "gen_mbapi")
Old 27th August 2006, 02:14   #70
whoami

Ohh, ah. My bad again. You can call me .... never mind.

Yes. It is a bug, and the code should be like this:
code:

IPC_IS_MBAPI_ABSENT = SendMessage(plugin.hwndParent,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)cszPluginName,IPC_REGISTER_WINAMP_IPCMESSAGE);

cszPluginName has the ADDRESS of "gen_mbapi" and there must not be used address-of (&) operator on it. The old code sends the address of cszPluginName, which is address of the pointer pointing "gen_mbapi" string.

I will patch it asap.. but not right now. I just re-installed Windows on my computer and it needs re-installing other applications...

Sorry for the bug and late reply. I haven't checked this forum for a while because no one writes on this thread so I assume the plugin needs no update anymore.
Old 27th August 2006, 12:26   #71
DrO

no plugin can ever truely be called complete, it's whether things stay developed or not as needed over time that's the main difference but that's something to talk about another time, heh

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2006, 00:07   #72
onkelandy

Don't know if it has been posted already..
In Winamp 5.24+ there is a serious bug:

As soon as you change from Now playing to another view within the Media Library and then BACK to Now playing, Winamp crashes :-(
onkelandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 22:20   #73
iandredd

Bumping this just to say thank you to whoami and DLLmain. Winamp now automatically jumps to the relevant artist page on AMG which saves me having to open a browser window got to AMG and then search. Marvelous.
iandredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 06:58   #74
coreying

Quote:
Originally posted by onkelandy
Don't know if it has been posted already..
In Winamp 5.24+ there is a serious bug:

As soon as you change from Now playing to another view within the Media Library and then BACK to Now playing, Winamp crashes :-(
Yeah - this has been an issue for me too. For many months.
I'm using the 'Now Playing 2' plugin to display CD cover and lyrics. I'm now on to Winamp 5.34. I have Windows XP SP2 with IE6. But on other computers with IE7, or Server 2003 SP1 with either IE6 or 7, it does the same thing.
coreying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:42   #75
id2ndr

Hello everybody,

I'd like to open the miniBrowser in a Jamendo Plugin that I've developped.

Here is the code I tried to use :
code:
int openMiniBrowser(winampMediaLibraryPlugin plugin){
char *url= "http://www.jamendo.com/fr/";
SendMessage(plugin.hwndLibraryParent,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_MBOPEN);
return SendMessage(plugin.hwndLibraryParent,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)url,IPC_MBOPEN);
}

It return 0 but doesn't open the browser.

I'm using :
Win2k SP4
IE6
WA 5.35
MBAPI 0.7.2

Maybe I don't use it correctly. Thanks to help me.
id2ndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 17:39   #76
dllmain

Quote:
Originally posted by id2ndr
Here is the code I tried to use :
code:
int openMiniBrowser(winampMediaLibraryPlugin plugin){
char *url= "http://www.jamendo.com/fr/";
SendMessage(plugin.hwndLibraryParent,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_MBOPEN);
return SendMessage(plugin.hwndLibraryParent,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)url,IPC_MBOPEN);
}

Have you tried IPC_MBOPENREAL instead?

Beside from that do not pass structures as parameters - pass pointers to structures instead. That will push 4 bytes on the stack, not sizeof(winampMediaLibraryPlugin):
code:
int openMiniBrowser(winampMediaLibraryPlugin * plugin){
const char * const url = "http://www.jamendo.com/fr/";
SendMessage(plugin->hwndLibraryParent,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_MBOPEN);
return SendMessage(plugin->hwndLibraryParent,WM_WA_IPC,(WPARAM)url,IPC_MBOPEN);
}

Good luck for your plugin! Please leave us a link so we can find your plugins when it's done. Will it be Open Source?

Sebastian
Old 12th July 2007, 08:50   #77
id2ndr

It doesn't compile neither with plugin->hwndLibraryParent (VC++ outputed no operator ->) nor with plugin.hwndLibraryParent*.

IPC_MBOPENREAL doesn't change anything.

There is also something quite strange. When I click on Dashboard and then on "Jamendo plugin", winamp stop responding.

This plugin will normaly be open source but I'll wait a confirmation before release it on the Internet.
Old 12th July 2007, 09:22   #78
id2ndr

I tried with an older version of winamp (5.01) with IPC_MBOPENREAL and IPC_MBOPEN.
SendMessage function doesn't return 0 as it did with latest winamp version and mbapi but it doesn't open the MB.
Old 19th September 2007, 05:55   #79
JW

dllmain/whoami - this appears to have been broken by version 5.5. It no longer works, and when I try to access the configuration, I get two error messages - one that tells me to wait until the minibrowser opens, then when I click Retry another one appears that says pretty much the same thing.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development