Old 15th April 2004, 09:30   #81
javajunky

New Version released, stability improvements for the winamp plugin. Also has simple Shoutcast Capability. So prettier stream-names effectively Get it nice and hot from the usual place : www.wombatinvasion.com/download.html
javajunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2004, 09:45   #82
Dextro

UOOOOOOOOOOO; check out the site.

Much better now

Downloading the plug, get back to you when I test it (people are finnaly starting to comeback from vacation, FINNALY! )

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2004, 11:54   #83
javajunky

Cheers Its getting there, look forward to the feedback
Old 16th April 2004, 19:42   #84
javajunky

New version of the plugin available. If you've been having any problems with sub-nets/multiple network interface machines, then give this version a bash, hopefully resolved most/some issues
Old 19th April 2004, 08:37   #85
javajunky

And another new version of the plugin This one fixes a previous problem which stopped non mp3-streams for streaming. Yay

edit: typo.
Old 19th April 2004, 19:19   #86
luky2k

My brother can browse and play my music, but I'm unable to browse his music. His computer doesn't appear automatically in my media library. I don't have any firewall, and telnet (my bro's ip) 9005 works ok
And currently he can't play my M4A´s
luky2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2004, 19:24   #87
luky2k

I've just installed 19th april version. Sharing issue is gone, but I'm still having the m4a problem
Old 19th April 2004, 19:25   #88
javajunky

Hmm, if the M4A files are DRM'd then he won't be able to play them as your license will be for your local machine [I think]. WombatShare *does* not work around any Lincensing techniques.

As for him being able to see you but not vice-versa, could you give me some more information about your machines please. Which OS, what are both your IPs and do you have multiple network cards, which version of wombatshare you're using etc. If you're using Windows XP please be aware that the firewall needs to allow traffic on both port 9005 (TCP) and port 9000 (UDP)

If we can't solve it, just add his IP in to your manual IP list (right click on wombat shre->configuration)

[edit: Glad the latest version fixed it, the older versions did have som issues. M4A is a licensing issue I suspect, I have no files to test this with . Are the files DRM'd or DRM-free?]
Old 19th April 2004, 19:30   #89
luky2k

Sharing now works perfectly both ways ! I just only reinstalled the plugin.
My m4a are all drm free, compressed by myself with winamp or psytel aac encoder.
Thanks for your plugin! it's the last reason to throw away itunes (in fact I like itunes, but hate quicktime for windows)
Old 19th April 2004, 19:33   #90
javajunky

There are alternatives to quicktime such as : http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

Although I don't use it myself I believe its generally highly regarded.

- cheers
Old 19th April 2004, 19:37   #91
luky2k

Thanks I'm currently using it along with real alternative.
I cut & pasted an m4a link in my brother's browser ( http://xxx:9005/fetch?fn=yyyy.m4a ) and I could download and play it on his computer
Old 19th April 2004, 19:39   #92
javajunky

Sorry I don't understand, is this a problem ?
Old 19th April 2004, 19:43   #93
luky2k

Sorry I'm a bit confused. I don't know so much about how Winamp works. Maybe the mp4 decoder plugin can't play streams. The fact is that I double click m4a songs on my bros pc and simply don't start playing
Old 19th April 2004, 19:50   #94
javajunky

Dude do you have MSN or something ? My MSN is javajunky@wombatinvasion.com if you do....
Old 19th April 2004, 23:05   #95
javajunky

Another new version released. This version brings context popup menus to enqueue/play selections of tracks rather than the whole kit + kaboodle. Woot.
Old 25th April 2004, 20:31   #96
Escher0

works great, I installed it on a whim not expecting many people to have it but I see 8 other people just in my dorm right now

Nullsoft should feature this plugin or better yet, include it with future versions, the more people who use it the better
Escher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2004, 20:53   #97
Escher0

one suggestion though, put in a track number column, or better yet, make the columns customizable (like the colums for most of the media library) so someone could put in length, bitrate, etc if they wanted
Old 26th April 2004, 06:24   #98
javajunky

Glad to hear it works. Yup, thats been requested before. It may find its way into version 2. I want to do categories first, to allow sharing of vid clips etc. When I've done that I'll have a 'manditory' set of fields and optional fields too. I restrictd the number of fields to allow very fast playlist transmission initially. As more columns = more bytes <g>
Old 26th April 2004, 08:39   #99
Escher0

I figured that was the reason for sparse columns. At the very least, put in track numbers and I'll be appeased. Track numbers shouldn't be too big bytewise anyways right?

one last thing, is there a way to manually refresh the user list?
Old 26th April 2004, 08:41   #100
Escher0

sorry, I lied, one more request, the ability to see whos listening off of you and what they're listening to, or at the very least, that someone is listening off of you
Old 26th April 2004, 08:49   #101
javajunky

Yeah, again this is a popular request and I'm working on it It's linked into banned IPs and connection limiting, that will all come in together. I'm actually working on writing the JAVA version of it at the minute....which in itself has led to me having to write a Media library equivalent for a java media player *sigh* ... butterfly effects <g>.

edit: Missed your second post then : No track numbers wouldn't be much byte wise, but the problem is the playlists would then be incompatible between wombatshare nodes, I need to allow for customisable columns first so it can adapt. I send version info exactly to take in to account these sort of differences between versions of the client.
Not sure what you mean about refreshing the userlists? If you click on a user click off and then click back on for example, that re-requests all the tracks again? The user list itself should be dynamic [unless you're using manual IPs to access external/internet addresses?]
Old 27th April 2004, 06:28   #102
Escher0

I wasn't sure if the list of users was up to date because at the time, there was only one person on, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I found that the update visible media button refreshes the user list
Old 27th April 2004, 08:40   #103
javajunky

That would imply that at that point in time there *was* only one person visible on the network <G>. The 'update visible media' media updates *your* visible media. i.e. what other people on the network can see. It needs to be pressed after you update your media library. [ I really should hook into some update event at some point..not to mention right a user-guide <g>]
Old 29th April 2004, 06:52   #104
Escher0

Just noticed that there was a Details window on the other clients so I resolved the IPs to see if I knew any of these people and it turns out they go to other schools. Not local schools either, ones in Illinois, the other is in Minnesota, I'm in Pennsylvannia. I've noticed that when I host LAN games, people not from this school could connect also so I guess this is the same thing. The only reasoning I can think of is Internet2 ( http://www.internet2.edu/ ) as both other schools and mine are part of the project.

I know this doesn't really affect WS, but its interesting to note that it works out this way. Thought you might like to know.
Old 29th April 2004, 08:04   #105
javajunky

Cool CAn you stream ok from them, how many nodes are you seeing ?
Old 30th April 2004, 01:44   #106
Escher0

8 nodes, as I do most of the time and it streams great, but we do have a pretty fast connection to each other because of Internet2. How does WS stream the files? Watching my bandwidth, it looks like every 15 seconds, it spikes to 200kB/sec then down to basically nothing.

Two new requests, simple ones this time 1, make the information in the details window selectable so its easy to copy and paste it somewhere. The other is to put in a resolved IP in addition to the normal one. Something simple like the windows version of this: http://www.zone17.com/~software/ipresolve.htm
Old 30th April 2004, 06:51   #107
javajunky

Sure I can make those changes, I'm in the middle of trying to open-source it all at the minute, so new features are sort of on a back-burner really

As to how it streams, I guess thats how winamp 'requests' the file from WombatShare as I just push out the data to the socket
Old 5th May 2004, 19:35   #108
javajunky

Brand new version, now users can password their servers!

There is also a 'network' password which is kind of like a default password, this will be tried if the current password does not work or none is known it can be used by a group to agree on a shared password.

This is done just with vanilla HTTP -Authorisation so on a LAN it cannot be considered secure. However on a WombatShare node that faces the internet it is very secure unless someone can sniff your traffic at the ISP
Old 7th May 2004, 06:42   #109
Escher0

hopefully this doesn't cut down on my sources! I'm going home in a couple days anyway though, so no more sharing for me
Old 7th May 2004, 06:45   #110
Escher0

this is probably impossible, but does iTunes (for Mac or Windows) support any kind of plugins? if so, then could WS be made for iTunes?
Old 7th May 2004, 06:46   #111
javajunky

Well there's a 'contact' field so if people want to secure their server but allow other's to request access this contact address/details will be sent to the person trying to connect.

Also if a group of people agree on a password this can be set as the 'network password' which could be handy

edit: iTunes, no idea, I think 'claydough' is wanting to look into this, I'm desperately trying to get the source code released so people can write their own plugins and submit them back to the project, but I keep running into stumbling blocks
Old 7th May 2004, 07:44   #112
Escher0

whats this new 'ignore unknown passwords in superlist' option do?
Old 7th May 2004, 07:47   #113
javajunky

Basically with a super list you talk to *All* the nodes on the network. If many nodes in the network have passwords it could get irritating having the 'set password for this server' popping up multiple times.

IF you set this option to 'true/on/ticked' then it won't ask you for a password it will just not include that server in the super-list. Its a convenience option really
Old 7th May 2004, 09:09   #114
Escher0

Ok, thats what I would have guessed. So does WS store passwords for nodes you've accessed before?

Are you planning on adding documentation at any point? If you want help writing some basic docs, I could probably help you out some, at least with the Winamp plugin, unless they're all pretty much the same.
Old 7th May 2004, 09:23   #115
javajunky

Yeah it stores the passwords locally, this is not a *secure* system by any real means, but it will provide reasonable security to web-facing nodes.

wrt documentation the project is open source so anyone can contribute anything, officially you should contact http://sourceforge.net/users/rcbarnes/ as I've put him in charge of liasing with documentation writers etc. [Not sure if he realises yet <g> ]
Old 17th May 2004, 05:41   #116
CorDeMac

Download

First off, wow. This is a great plugin and I'm really excited for what you have done! Great job in including the download option in the latest version, v0.92. I am using the plugin and it streams perfectly, however the option of download when right-clicking files remains gray, unable to be clicked. Is this because the option still isn't finished/included, but will be, or is it because of something on my system. I am on XP with winamp 5.03, and the latest build of Wombat on the website. Thanks.
CorDeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 08:07   #117
javajunky

The greyed download option's been in their for ages, but it currently does nothing, sorry for getting your hopes up there <g>. I still need to be able to stop a server from allowing a client to download tracks before I can officially put a download button in
Old 29th May 2004, 13:28   #118
serlev2002

PLAYLIST SHARING!!!

Buuuaaahhh!!! ;-)

no, I do not cry like a Baby - but I am somewhat frustrated....
See - ONCE, one has made a PLAYLIST by saying "good bye" to his girlfriend for weeks, fighting the TAG's & sorting the "good2 from the "bad" - believe me, you DON'T want to make it again and again...

So, it would be simply great (and a strategy for surviving a relationship ;-) ) to have the ability to even SHARE and be able to access this playlists on&from every Computer you want to! :-)
- drag a playlist - drop it on wombat - he takes the songs - shares them over Net - everyone is happy! haha :-)

Anyway: mucho-macho-cool this tool! thx from Germanien
serlev2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 07:11   #119
javajunky

This is something I'm definately considering, however its, actually considerably harder than you might think . First given a playlist I need to determine *if* you're sharing those files, and replace every direct reference in the list with its' shared name... but if you'd like to add it as a feature request on sourceforge I'll try to assign it to my ass : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid...76&func=browse
Old 20th July 2004, 20:15   #120
Anony1

Any Development

Any further development on this plugin? I'm specifically wondering if there is a working linux version. I have a Windows machine networked with a Linux machine so I'd like to share music from Winamp to XMMS. This should be possible with this plugin correct?
Anony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development