Old 28th September 2005, 09:06   #41
gunghouk

OK playlist manipulating/dragging & dropping seems fine in 3.24a.

I did see one strange thing but in fairness it's not something you'd usually do.

I use the 'Next on Stop' plug-in from DrO to remove the top/playing item from the playlist at the end of the track or if 'next' is pressed and then to automatically play the next item in the playlist. Dragging the currently playing file down the playlist causes everything above the moved file and the moved file to be deleted from the playlist when the track ends. Just something to consider. This sounds like it could be an issue with 'Next on Stop'. Comments DrO ?

Back to AutoKDJ, I can't enqueue songs in server mode ie http://localhost/karaoke . This was the same in v3.23. I have all the permissions set for my user ID. I have to say I'm unsure about all the server options available ie. stream, download etc perhaps a new version of the documentation is due ?

Keep 'em new versions comin'

GH
gunghouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2005, 13:20   #42
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by gunghouk
I use the 'Next on Stop' plug-in from DrO to remove the top/playing item from the playlist at the end of the track or if 'next' is pressed and then to automatically play the next item in the playlist. Dragging the currently playing file down the playlist causes everything above the moved file and the moved file to be deleted from the playlist when the track ends. Just something to consider. This sounds like it could be an issue with 'Next on Stop'. Comments DrO ?
er, next on stop won't do that, sure it's npot maybe playlist file remover you mean?

Quote:
Originally posted by mysongchillin
tried to use AutoKDJ, and dont like it ,...why does it want to try and make any zip karaoke and mp3 into a wav file
then not play the song
did this ever get resolved? was the correct output plugin selected in the winamp preferences?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2005, 17:20   #43
gunghouk

Sorry my mistake I think it is 'playlist file remover' though I can never find the thing on here whenever I need it again !

I got so many plug-ins that I lose track.

GH
Old 28th September 2005, 17:48   #44
DrO

i'm made a note so i'll look into that when work on that plugin but we're getting a bit off topic now

-daz
Old 28th September 2005, 21:36   #45
ZuGzUg

Quote:
OK playlist manipulating/dragging & dropping seems fine in 3.24a.
Quote:
Back to AutoKDJ, I can't enqueue songs in server mode ie http://localhost/karaoke . This was the same in v3.23.
D'OH!

Fixed next build (28-Sep or later)
Quote:
I have to say I'm unsure about all the server options available ie. stream, download etc perhaps a new version of the documentation is due ?
This was all inherited from the original ml_www implementation. Agreed we should document this. Toq, for your todo list...

-Z
ZuGzUg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2005, 08:55   #46
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

I started working on some, got as far as importing files, but then I had this overwhelming need to go lay down and watch inuyasha on cartoon network.

http://www.7bamboo.com/akdj/docs/index.htm

That's just a start. If anyone wants to contribute their names can go in the credits under docs. I'll add bits and pieces over the next few days.

--toq
toqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2005, 15:34   #47
bshosey

Thank you guys for your help

I just wanted to say thank you for your help. This is a great plugin. Toger thank you for the good hard work you put in this plugin. Now that I know how to name my files and folders and now I know how to export the zip file listings to excell. It apears that this plugin does exactly what I wanted. I wish I was in the earea where togers club is so I could shake his had and say thank you in person.
bshosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2005, 16:35   #48
DrO

it's toqer not toger (he get's a litte funny about that )

-daz
Old 1st October 2005, 22:52   #49
bshosey

Sorry for the typo

I am sorry I mispelled his name. Just wanted to show my appreciation

Thank you Toqer
bshosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2005, 01:42   #50
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

It's not just me... Come children, get a cup of coco and gather around for the tale of how many folks banded together to create autokdj, it's toqer storytime.

One day a long time ago, Robert was sitting at his desk at the now defunct dot com called alliente (they got bought out) .

He was putting in an order for a "Dual Pentium 3 Tower Server".. Somehow his finger slopped over to q (which coincedently is next to the "W" key) and thus his newfound lifetime nick was born. It looked cool as fucking hell.

Dot commin was fun, bling bling lots of cash. Toqer spent a good deal of his time (7 nights a week, 7 martinis a night, for 7 months) with his friend Mike, who had just gotten into this thing called "Karaoke" We spent the entire time being the Rat Pack, singing sinatra, Dean Martin, etc. Toqer truly knew what it was to be a drunken karaoke addict.

Some folks hit rock bottom, and for toqer it was coming home drunk, facing the wall but with his head turned toward the toilet, and peeing all over the walls. Somehow he thought his pee stream would go wherever his head is turned, but as all men know, this is not the case.

Toqer was having a pretty good career as a sysadmin, learning a lot along the way. Moving up to larger and larger companies all while making his salary grow. Most of his time then was spent learning about linux. Even though the news was reporting that the bubble had burst, toqer thought he was hot shit, and there was no way anyone could knock him off his sysadmin throne. He was awesome.

Well, like everyone else in silicon valley, it happened, toqer was laid off just like everyone else. To make matters worse, he had just purchased his house 2 weeks earlier. Things were pretty grim. Folks were not being hired. He got by with his wife doing odd jobs until he decided to visit the 7 Bamboo, his old haunt.

His old bartender and friend toshi needed a doorman for friday nights. Part of the job meant not drinking, but toqer had given that up long ago. Just to have anything, anything at all to help with living was worth it at that point.

Toqer was sad to see that after 2 years, the collection at the bamboo had deteriorated from constant use. It was an original DKK (which all hard core KJ's know is rare) set purchased before toqer ever sang at the bamboo. Toqer was familiar with Mp3's and winamp, and started looking for karaoke solutions there.

He stumbled across The Phy Syteme CDG plugin, It was awesome when combined with AVS, and it was FREE! Free like, hey, check this out, and if you want CDG disks playback just register the other plugin. Yannick was a totally nice guy giving the most important component, the CDG rendering away. After a year of feeling guilty, toq finally sent him $100 bucks. Yannick, is hardcore!!!

Folk's started building other packages based on Yannicks plugin to add things like zip compatibility to winamp. Unfortunately some of them charged a lot of money for their apps while not sharing with Yannick at all. On top of this, some of the prices for the softwares was outrageous. KJ's don't make $250 @ night anymore. Things are different than they were 4-5 years ago. This pissed toqer off so much he started coding, it was a crap attempt to add zip compatibility to winamp built in VB6. l33tkaraoke combined with manually modifying the ID3 tag to match the singing patrons name was good enough for toq. If folks wanted to know where they were in rotation, he could just turn the screen towards them, and upon seeing their name would instantly know where.

Toqer also took all his experience from what he found was in poor taste by KJ's he had sung under in the past, and completely eliminated them from his show. Having a playlist, not drinking and being able to remember faces, meant toqer could remember who turned in which ticket and wade through the crowds to give the next singer their mic. No worries at all.

He started broadcasting on the net and displaying chat text in the karaoke screen, and after some AOL and NYT love the success of the show skyrocketed beyond anything anyone ever imagined. The 7 Bamboo was doing better than any other bar in San Jose during the worst economic times, a success it still enjoys to this day.

Around that time ZuGzUg came into the 7 Bamboo for the first time. He's a badass programmer for some badass company that you probably have given money to in the past if you have a computer. You would not want to fuck with him in a hack fight. He started hanging out in the #karaoke chat room and they got to talking.
He was absolutely amazed at what toqer was doing and wanted to help. After 11 years of programming, he was moved into management, but being a programmer at heart and not having any projects close to his own heart he decided to help toqer improve and better integrate things.

One day in chat, ZuGzUg pm'd toqer to try something he had just cooked up. It was a console based program to simulate a karaoke rotation. From there they started talking about EVERYTHING in karaoke. They really clicked on a lot of stuff and ideas. Toqer explained the current state of karaoke software affairs with zug, and they devised a plan to take over the world. One day zug pm'd toqer the first basic modified ml_www with just zip enque functionality was released.

Toqer grew up on a farm. He has a YeeeHaw attitude and just jumps into things impulsively. Against ZuGz protests he went ahead and tried ml_akdj without solid tests at the bamboo. Despite some weird cpu usage, it totally rocked l33tkaraoke. Entering songs from a web interface was kind of funky, but a few weeks later the first ml_interface was added. Compared to all the other winamp/yannick based karaoke packages, ml_akdj was the only one to be completely integrated within the winamp system. Toqer had a feel for which features would be "cake" to implement and which ones were a bitch. ZuG would watch Toqer host the show and combined the features in AKDJ started stacking up. Finally one day, toqer build the installer and uploaded it to winamp.com 9000 downloads may not seem like alot, but karaoke hosting is a pretty specific application, nitch market. Toqer had kept in good touch with Yannick. He forwarded Yannick a copy, and after Yannick saying "You're going to make a lot of people happy with this" toqer stepped to the plate with a proposal.

Him and ZuG wanted to build a single installer, not something where folks had to download this plugin, that plugin, etc. We asked Yannick if it was OK if we included gen_cdg if we gave ml_AKDJ away for free, and we also promised to share with him and any of the other participants in the project that we would split profits evenly if we ever did start making money with it. We have things on the drawing board to make this happen.

See, there's more than toq cheerleading, ZuGz ml_www mods and ml views. Saying "Thank you toqer I want to shake your hand toqer" is not giving credit to the guys that actually coded stuff. Toqer couldn't code a bucket of piss if he wanted to. His thing is karaoke, winamp, server admin, and writing.

You got to thank everyone that's part of ml_akdj. ZuGzUg for the ml_www mods, Dro for playlist deleter and cropkill, Yannick for the CDG renderer, Ollie for the pacemaker DSP and liquid for the current AKDJ frontend in development. We're all working together to create something that is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Our goal with AKDJ is to make money at some point. No mistake there, but how can a KJ making $75@night do that? Club owners are notoriously cheap, and wouldn't spend a nickle on a PC based system. Most times the issue of hardware is left up to the already broke KJ.

We're already in talks with several karaoke companies, and toqer will be at the
NAMM show come this January, for the first time in months fully decked out with his hair, showing off AKDJ and it's addons.

Itunes for karaoke will be the best way of describing what we are going to do. I wrote a bit about ok_ml on the 7 Bamboo website (Yes I know for compatibility it must be ml_ok but ok_ml sounds better). The problem is a lot of karaoke companies don't believe that doing business on the net is a safe answer.

Ok, enough talking about myself in 3rd perspective, it's making me dizzy and i'm sounding crazy.

We've taken care of most of what has been a pain in most of the KJ's asses, this is a free system tightly integrated into winamp that matches feature per feature everything found in packages costing upwards of $500

Now that we've done you a favor and taken care of a problem, you owe us one. Here it is.

To the ones that are doing it, stop fucking pirating. If the entire music industry was the size of an elephant, karaoke would be a grain of salt. Piracy DOES hurt everyone. You're fucking over artists, your customers, your fellow KJ's and the Venues that you perform at. Karaoke is such a small pond that even the smallest ripples seem like 40 foot waves.

The cost of pirate KJ's and singers affects the following.

The karaoke producer makes less, so they have to charge more.
The licensing agencies to the venue (sesac/bmi/ascap) make less money, so they charge more.
Venues cost is more for karaoke, making it a less attractive attraction, so karaoke show demand is less.

End result, less karaoke and choice for everyone.

Pirate KJ's are the worst of the bunch though. They pay nothing and they've completely undermined the price structure of KJ's all over the world because they have $0 cost. When I was a singer, KJ's were making way more money and piracy was almost non-existant. These days though, KJ'ing at best can be considered a "side income" and not something that you can use to survive.

So the favor i'm really asking here is be straight for us. There was a public television special the other night on the
"Be Clean For Gene" campaign by Eugene McCarthy here in the US back in 1968. His volunteers were young, smart people between 20-30 that maintained a clean image as a part of his campaign.

It all fits in to something my grandma tells me, "Stay above reproach", which basically means keep your nose clean and don't do anything people can use against you.

We don't have to be vigilantes reporting pirate KJ's, but I promise you this, if everyone follows our lead, your shows are going to be more successful than ever, and the idiots pirating are going to look so lame their shows are going to go into the toilet. If you're pirating now, stop, get clean, and join us.

In addition to running clean, we also need to send a clear message to the karaoke companies and music labels that "We will not pirate if you allow us to purchase from the net". What is this going to take? I'm thinking a big sack of letters from every KJ in the world that I can bring with me to NAMM.

Now that the problems of software are taken care of for all KJ's around the world, we need to focus on the bigger issues. I hear from a lawyer that
copying cdg's to your hard drive is fair use but then I've heard several Karaoke record executives that is misinformation put out by crackpots. We need everyone to get together on this. Everybody at the top of the chain needs to quit bickering, put some trust into some of us and come to some sort of comprimise.

Part of what has grown the 7 Bamboo library is we've offset the cost of obtaining songs to the customers. They get their names printed in the songbook for donating a CDG which makes it a pretty legitimate donation, and it gives them a good feeling that they're contributing to the scene. Customers are more than happy to buy CDG's for you if you just asked them. If there was an Itunes type system for karaoke, and all KJ's practiced this selling songs for $1 or $2 dollars, I'm sure piracy would all but disapear from karaoke.

If you really want to see these things happen, send me a postcard at the 7 Bamboo addressed to "Karaoke company people in charge" Promise no piracy, and a dedication to being clean. Get the message out there so they know this is what we all want.

I can't promise it will make anything happen, but if I have a big enough sack to show them at NAMM while demo'ing AKDJ they'll have more than a consideration for it.

So to all you straight or trying to be straight KJ's out there, don't forget to send the love. Just about everyone that has contributed code/time to the project is starving and struggling just like you, they all have paypal donations setup somewhere, so drop a donation to a few of them to keep the pizza and soda flowing.

You can help out in other ways too, get the word out, create a CSS theme for the playlist screen. Participate in forums so others can learn from your questions. Find out what winamp plugins work awesome with it and we'll ask if we can include it in the install. Just like winamp, AKDJ is is infinintly extensable and skinable.

This has been a long story, and some of you are probably asleep by now. I'll just end by saying, be good.

--toq
Old 6th October 2005, 09:40   #51
gunghouk

Hi all, I have a query regarding queueing and library population with 'unzipped' archives (mp3 and cdg pair).

I thought I'd try unzipping a couple of zips to see if I could use the standard media library view to identify real album/track data from the tags. The files did not appear in the singers entry window !?

Unfortunately when I enqueued directly from the media view the file loaded, played for a few seconds but only showed a blank cdg screen, then stopped playing and deleted the song from the playlist also I didn't have an opportunity to enter a singer's name.

My questions are

1. How do you load the mp3 part of karaoke 'pairs' of files into the media library ? By dragging and dropping from explorer a la zipfiles ?

2. How do you enqueue them with a singer's name from standard adio media library ?

3. How the hell am I gonna organise my files properly just like Toq's at the Bamboo ?!!??!

GH
Old 6th October 2005, 19:44   #52
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

1. I think you can use the normal media library interface for loading up pairs. Just have it "Scan for local media" and it should just grab all the mp3 files. Just make sure the mp3 and the cdg are in the same directory.

2. Right click on the item you want to karaoke enqueue, sendto>karaoke enqueue, enter the singers name, etc.

3. I divided up the labor between 3-4 volunteers. Heck, Bamboo is a community effort, so why not?
Old 6th October 2005, 21:00   #53
gunghouk

OK I've found that from Media View\Audio right clicking the unzipped mp3 needs 'Send to:\Karaoke Enqueue' and not 'Enqueue Selection'. However while this brings up the singer name entry dialog the name does not appear in the winamp playlist (the file does though). The name does appear correctly in the 'karaoke playlist' pane however.

Just an observation, selecting 'Enqueue Selection' rather than 'Send to:-' above, the file is put in the winamp playlist and plays/displays the lyrics OK (but with no singer name) and also appears in the karaoke playlist as 'AUTOKDJ-SONG-ENTRY'.

GH
Old 7th October 2005, 00:04   #54
ZuGzUg

Quote:
OK I've found that from Media View\Audio right clicking the unzipped mp3 needs 'Send to:\Karaoke Enqueue' and not 'Enqueue Selection'. However while this brings up the singer name entry dialog the name does not appear in the winamp playlist (the file does though). The name does appear correctly in the 'karaoke playlist' pane however.
Winamp limitation. Technical info follows.

Quote:
The technical issue is that we do singer's name replacement by responding to a notification called IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFO_HOOKABLE. If files are placed in the media library, the Media Library itself (gen_ml.dll) eats these notifications, and plugins never get them.

This is not a problem with MP3G-ZIPs because extracted MP3s are placed in a temp directory, they are not in the media library, so the notification comes through just fine.

I also tried using IPC_HOOK_TITLES, which works fine for extracted songs in the media library, but breaks something else entirely with MP3G-ZIPs. Specifically, in the case of extracting an MP3-G ZIP contents to a temp directory, I can't get the length of the extracted file in seconds within this notification.

That results in bogus info presented in the playlist editor. This caused an old bug in AKDJ a3.00, where all songs were 11:06 long (666 seconds ).

Seems like a catch-22, still trying to figure out a workaround...
Quote:

Just an observation, selecting 'Enqueue Selection' rather than 'Send to:-' above, the file is put in the winamp playlist and plays/displays the lyrics OK (but with no singer name) and also appears in the karaoke playlist as 'AUTOKDJ-SONG-ENTRY'.
This is because AKDJ interprets this action as the KDJ enqueueing a filler song, as opposed to a song to be performed by a karaoke singer.

-Z

Last edited by ZuGzUg; 7th October 2005 at 01:32.
Old 12th October 2005, 06:33   #55
mysongchillin

in_zip - akdj

Wow ---I see now alot of the in_zip people here also.

I am trying all ways to make work ------what i need very bad in a few weeks.
I have a big karaoke party planned....with several pc's networked....and all you nice programmers are really helping out "me --the stupid"
Ok i have in_zip working .......i also now have akdj extention revision alpha 3.25 kinda working............what i dont like with akdj is that there is no way to tell it NOT to read from the zip ( cdg / mp3 ) all the id3v1 and id3v3 tags, i dont want them read.
is there any way other than physically getting rig of all the tags by renamaing the insides ( inside zips as in the mp3 and cdg ) to get rid of mp3 tags.

when the media library searches the file i have ...i want it to read it as the file name and file name only .....and when i do a search as a karaoke singer on a networked PC ....i can be able to see it as the full filename ----as IN_ZIP does....but still be able to input my name as a singer requesting to sing a song.

that way when i "the DJ"...at the main PC......can see exactly who is up to sing ,...and what exact filename they picked to sing....and i can announce it

what would be nice is if this program will show a cdg window -----saying who is up next to sing on "monitor # 2" ....then either ...once the singer comes to stage....then i can start the song the chose....or have the program have a delay ---as in ....song / singer ends...then on the MONITOR 2 it shows ( as an example ) MYSONGCHILLIN is up next singing - "filename"
and us as the dj can tell it ( in config ) how many seconds to delay.....but we can over ride it
with the play button

But the main part i am in real concern of right now is the ID3 tags
I personally dont want them with my setup

Oh Oh Oh ...also when i search for a song to sing .......akdj does not show the songname,...
as in
i searched for cher
every artist with "CHER" showed up ,...but it does not say the sang name
probably because of id tags
but i have removed many many id tags

Maybe fixing it to read it as the filename only will fix that
???

I personally love the way in_zip searches for my needs...i would love for that search engine to be incorporated.

I do not complain at all with plugins---i just give input for what others ( even if it is only me ) may like,....and karaoke is what I like to provide

Thank You for reading my post.
mysongchillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 07:33   #56
ZuGzUg

Re: in_zip - akdj

Quote:
.i also now have akdj extention revision alpha 3.25 kinda working
Brave soul, using the nightly build...
Quote:
what i dont like with akdj is that there is no way to tell it NOT to read from the zip ( cdg / mp3 ) all the id3v1 and id3v3 tags, i dont want them read.
I assume you mean after the song is queued into the Playlist Editor...

AKDJ is not doing that, Winamp itself is doing this.

If you really want this turned off, go under Winamp Preferences / Titles, and turn off "Use advanced title formatting when possible"

This will show only the file name of the extracted MP3 in the playlist.

You will also lose the feature where the artist's name is replaced with the singer's name.

This behavior is no different than IN_ZIP, really... yes, when a ZIP file is enqueued through IN_ZIP, it shows the ZIP file name, but when the file is played, a new entry suddenly appears in the Playlist editor, and that new entry reads the ID3 tags.

The only difference is that ADKJ never puts an entry in the playlist editor for the original ZIP file, only for the extracted MP3 file.
Quote:
is there any way other than physically getting rig of all the tags by renamaing the insides ( inside zips as in the mp3 and cdg ) to get rid of mp3 tags.
There is this program on the net available called MP3GTools, which is supposed to be able to do stuff like this. You may want to check that out.
Quote:
what would be nice is if this program will show a cdg window -----saying who is up next to sing on "monitor # 2" ....then either ...once the singer comes to stage....then i can start the song the chose....or have the program have a delay ---as in ....song / singer ends...then on the MONITOR 2 it shows ( as an example ) MYSONGCHILLIN is up next singing - "filename"
and us as the dj can tell it ( in config ) how many seconds to delay.....but we can over ride it
with the play button
You can use the AKDJ "Playlist" view for this. If you do your song enqueues with AKDJ's Karaoke Enqueue, the Playlist View shows you:

- The name of the singer
- The name of the song
- How long the singer has been waiting
- How much longer before before the song begins

Note you only get these features if you enqueue using the Song Entry view, not if you use the IN_ZIP plugin. At least, not yet...

All that is really missing from this view is the original ZIP filename... I suppose we could add that if it is really important.
Quote:
Oh Oh Oh ...also when i search for a song to sing .......akdj does not show the songname,...
as in
i searched for cher
every artist with "CHER" showed up ,...but it does not say the sang name
probably because of id tags
but i have removed many many id tags
Are you using the Song Entry view under Karaoke (AutoKDJ)? Or the Audio view under Local Media?

In any case, the ML cannot show ID3 tags on ZIP files, as you can't put ID3 tags on ZIP files. You can only put ID3 tags on MP3 files contained within ZIP files, and ML cannot see through the ZIP file to the contained MP3 file and show you the ID3 info.

So when a ZIP file is put into the Media Library, ML it can only show you file names.

And, not only that, Media Library "guesses" what the artist / title / track is based solely on the filename.

What we do is make sure all ZIP files are named like this:

01-Madonna-Like A Virgin.zip

Or, more generally:

Track Number-Artist-Title.zip

Then Winamp always interprets it correctly.

-Z
Old 12th October 2005, 11:55   #57
gunghouk

Mysongchillin, this is just a wild idea but have you tried re-sizing the id/artist/song title columns to show the song title ?

All the columns in all 3 AKDJ windows (entry/singer/rotation) and in the Winamp playlist window are re-sizeable.

I don't have any problems with the ID tags in any of my files and I have them all set to show original karaoke cd album(manufacturer)/track/singer/song.

My 2 cents.

GH
Old 13th October 2005, 18:11   #58
mysongchillin

id tags

when i search for a song on pc #2 it does enque it onto pc #1,...but when it goes into the media library playlist under karaoke, it shows a - ( dash) instead of song names on some songs. so i look at the file details ,..and there are check marks in id tag fields ....with nothing in the tags as info. This is on alot of them. and it seems that the search will not find every song i have with the criteria i enter.

All the columns in all 3 AKDJ windows (entry/singer/rotation) and in the Winamp playlist window are re-sizeable.---<<<<yep common windows stuff.

My karaoke zips are named as kj001-025-artist-song.zip
and some are like kj156-098-song-artist.zip
Old 14th October 2005, 09:14   #59
gunghouk

AKDJ doesn't actually read the tags until it unzips the file about to play. Then it just temporarily replaces the artist name with the singer's from the rotation and displays it in the player window.

All my zips were named the same as yours ie.
SC1234-01 - artist - song.zip

but it screwed up the karaoke media filelist so I used a batch renamer to remove the 1st section of the filename, making them now :-

01 - artist - song.zip

Occasionally I have problems with duplicate files/same song so I just change the track number. A side effect of all this renaming is the loss of the original album info in the zip file name. However I have stored the original maker(album)/track/artist/song info in the mp3's tags if I need it later.

It doesn't matter about the 2 files inside the zip, as long as they both have the same name the mp3g plugin will work OK so dont bother changing them.

Checkout these programs for renaming and batch filetag editing

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

http://www.ghisler.com/

I hope this helps. Keep trying with AKDJ, I'm sure things will work out in the end

GH
Old 14th October 2005, 13:46   #60
DrO

Re: Re: in_zip - akdj

Quote:
Originally posted by ZuGzUg
This behavior is no different than IN_ZIP, really... yes, when a ZIP file is enqueued through IN_ZIP, it shows the ZIP file name, but when the file is played, a new entry suddenly appears in the Playlist editor, and that new entry reads the ID3 tags.
at the point of playback in_zip is able to query the relevant input plugin for the title information otherwise it's like akdj where it can't access information until the file has been extracted. the way in_zip works is that it adds a root entry and then on playing that it then extracts out the entries (since that's the only time it can currently determine the current playlist position so the entries are extracted out after the root). the root will become an option however at some stage with it probably auto-changing to the first entry in the archive on first playback)

Quote:
In any case, the ML cannot show ID3 tags on ZIP files, as you can't put ID3 tags on ZIP files. You can only put ID3 tags on MP3 files contained within ZIP files, and ML cannot see through the ZIP file to the contained MP3 file and show you the ID3 info.

So when a ZIP file is put into the Media Library, ML it can only show you file names.
there's two ways around this. the first is that i implement the export functions needed for the ml/5.x to query information about the file (artist, etc that the input plugin for that format implements)with temp extraction carried out to allow that to work. the other way would be to manipulate the comment field of the archive and have the information stored in it that way. either way if there's no information then you're back to the same situation

-daz
Old 14th October 2005, 22:34   #61
ZuGzUg

Re: Re: Re: in_zip - akdj

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
there's two ways around this. the first is that i implement the export functions needed for the ml/5.x to query information about the file (artist, etc that the input plugin for that format implements)with temp extraction carried out to allow that to work. the other way would be to manipulate the comment field of the archive and have the information stored in it that way.
Of the two, I certainly like the latter better. I couldn't imagine the performance hit one would get when importing ZIP files, if all ZIP files had to be temporarily extracted in the process...

Anyway, so if I read this correctly, if IN_ZIP contained export functions which could get artist/title information from comment fields in archives, that information is what would be displayed in Media Libary, rather than ML "guessing" artist/title based on the format of the filename.

The question then becomes how would one goes about adding artist/title information into comment fields of archives in the first place. Would that involve writing new tools, or could it be done somehow with other plugins or plugin export functions?

-Z
Old 15th October 2005, 15:23   #62
DrO

Re: Re: Re: Re: in_zip - akdj

Quote:
so if I read this correctly, if IN_ZIP contained export functions which could get artist/title information from comment fields in archives, that information is what would be displayed in Media Libary, rather than ML "guessing" artist/title based on the format of the filename.
that's how i understand it to work since ipc_getextendedinfo/ipc_getextendedinfo (think that's the right names for them) rely on querying the matching function exported by the in_* plugin. so as long as at least the read one is implemented and there's information provided in the zip that in_zip/whatever provides then that will be used for the queried fields by the ml.

to add to the comment fields i'd need to look into how zlib does it to see if i can do things like just re-adding the comment in (or if it's going to require the zip/archive to be re-written out). it's just a thought i've been having though since it would make using zips with the ml a bit easier if there was a psuedo situation where meta data could be maintained in the zip somehow hence the thought about manipulating the comment field it's something i'm going to have to look into as time from work allows me to

-daz
Old 16th October 2005, 20:18   #63
gunghouk

I think this is a bug in v3.25a . If I enter more than 1 singers's name to sing ie. duo, trio etc then I am unable to enter any of their names individually.

eg. me & you & him

Thereafter if I try to enter any of these names as individuals I get the group that the name 1st appeared in when I hit enter.

Also how does the rotation algorithom treat multiple groups, the same as a soloist ? I think that it should as I can't see any other way without over complicating the rotation software.

Just one other request (to save a bit of mouse use) when the singer entry box pops up can the cursor be automatically placed in the singers name entry box ? Most times this is all your going to do in this window anyway. Thanks

GH
Old 17th October 2005, 01:28   #64
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

Duets are a tough one. I wrote a whole article on why Duets are confusing from a rotation persepective.

Duets are something that is "On the singers honor" A singer can stack themselves across multiple partners which really screws with the rotation.

Something else that bugs me is alias stacking.

You might be able to tell one person apart from another, but when it's written on a ticket, you have no idea at all.

The fact you're starting to run into problems tells me your shows are running well Only time a KJ REALLY has to worry about rotation is if their playlist is full and selling out.

Yah, AKDJ handles all name variations as seperate singers. Bob would be singer 1, toqer would be singer 2, and toqer & bob would be considered singer 3. The only thing I can recomend is to put the duet entry under just one of the singers names and not create a new singer slot. They'll recognize if the song is supposed to be their duet song, and if they protest, they're asses for not keeping it honest themselves.

In the works is a bar code "singers card" terminal app meant to run on really low spec hardware (like p-200). I think it will keep folks more honest in rotation because they will be paying for their "slot" so to speak. Tell them they can't sing unless they buy a $2 card, and the fee will keep them honest. It will work great for the regulars as well as the occassional rowdy crowd because the regulars will all buy themselves a card, while the rowdies will buy just one for their crowd.

Anyways, how are your shows going gungho? What's your setup like?
Old 17th October 2005, 02:54   #65
ZuGzUg

Quote:
I think this is a bug in v3.25a . If I enter more than 1 singers's name to sing ie. duo, trio etc then I am unable to enter any of their names individually.

eg. me & you & him

Thereafter if I try to enter any of these names as individuals I get the group that the name 1st appeared in when I hit enter.
Sigh, OK, t0qer just showed me this exact same bug on Thursday. (Entering the name C would bring up Jacob, becuase Jacob has a C in it).

This was supposed to be a time saving feature, but it looks like it is causing more problems than it is solving. I'm taking this as a sign... the fact that I got both bug reports in the same week... that I just have to change behavior.

So, in the next version, I'm gonna make it so that if you type a name under New Singer, it will assume it is a new singer unless it is an EXACT match with a name in Previous Singer list, in terms of both spelling, whitespace and capitalization.

That does mean that in order to get a previous singer, you have to either use the combo pulldown, or get the spelling and capitalizing exactly right.

I'll also try to make it so that if you enter text under the Prevoius Singer list entry, it will find the closest match. That may be the best of both worlds...

-Z
Old 17th October 2005, 05:36   #66
mysongchillin

wow

wow u people know alot of programing lingo ,,,,that blows me away...
LOL
what version should i try ,,,,and where do i actually get it, ( the best ver for what i need to do ... that will work the best for right now
i have a big party OCT 21 and i would love for the users to use a networked PC ,,,,to pick their songs,....and i can see who is singing next ,....by the name they input ,,,prior to them picking their song.
I am running to the wire ,,,,,and yes it is my fault ,,,for just recently finding this software

My karaoke is zip files
I use winamp 5.1
and the songs ( zips are named as this )
kj100-059-artist-song.zip
or some are ATRIST-SONG-SCxxx-xx.zip

it would be very nice for the users to easily enter their name from a networked PC ( which i found out it will do ) ........pick a song,,,,,,it adds it to winamp,,,,and i can announce who is the next singer, and song name.

What I have seen so far is ,,,,i can see who is singing next,,,,,but it will not read from my zip filename,,,,it looks into the zip file and give me info i dont want to see

I want to see the filename they picked only, as windows sees the .zip filename

did that make sense ?
Hope so
Old 17th October 2005, 08:23   #67
ZuGzUg

Re: wow

Quote:

i have a big party OCT 21 and i would love for the users to use a networked PC ,,,,to pick their songs,....and i can see who is singing next ,....by the name they input ,,,prior to them picking their song.

My karaoke is zip files
I use winamp 5.1
and the songs ( zips are named as this )
kj100-059-artist-song.zip
or some are ATRIST-SONG-SCxxx-xx.zip

it would be very nice for the users to easily enter their name from a networked PC ( which i found out it will do ) ........pick a song,,,,,,it adds it to winamp,,,,and i can announce who is the next singer, and song name.

What I have seen so far is ,,,,i can see who is singing next,,,,,but it will not read from my zip filename,,,,it looks into the zip file and give me info i dont want to see

I want to see the filename they picked only, as windows sees the .zip filename

did that make sense ?
Hope so
Makes perfect sense.

21-Oct, ya, that is cutting it close. This is what you can do by then.

You have two options, and neither will perfectly satisfy your request. Option 1 is to use AutoKDJ. Option 2 is to use the combination of IN_ZIP.DLL and the original ML_WWW.DLL.

This is how you can get started with AutoKDJ.

This specific thread below shows you how and where to get the latest AKDJ. It will be a continually running and updated post, so you can bookmark this link.

http://www.7bamboo.com/modules.php?n...iewtopic&t=729

What I would recommend is:

(1) Get the Alpha 3 installer, install it, then get the latest patch (as of this writing, Alpha 3.25), and patch it. Patching is simply copying a single DLL to the Winamp / Plugins folder.

(2) Rename all of your ZIP files as follows:

kj100 / 059-artist-song.zip

Note kj100 is a directory, which contains a file called 059-artist-song.zip.

I already know you are going to hate this step. t0qer hated me when I made him do this at the boo also. But, the benefits you get from this, using existing software, are worth the effort.

(3) Go to this web page, to show you how to import the ZIP files into Media library:

http://www.7bamboo.com/akdj/docs/index.html

(4) For a screen that your guests can view and that is always updated to show the latest songs, open up a web browser on a networked computer and point it to the following:

http://{name or IP address of computer where Winamp is running}/left.html

(5) For your guests who want to queue their own songs, use another networked computer to open up a web browser and point it to the following:

http://{name or IP address of computer where Winamp is running}/karaoke

This will give them a step-by-step web-form based wizard that allows people to browse for songs, using searches by artist and song titles, and then queue them up directly into Winamp.

The only bummer is that if your customers do the wrong thing with the browser back button or reload button, they can find themselves queueing up the same song multiple times. If this is a forum where you know everybody, you can teach them not to do this.

Regarding the request to show the specific ZIP file...

Note step 5 very carefully.

Your customers are not picking out ZIP files.

They are picking out "songs" that have Artist and Title names. The fact that they are ZIP files is kept as a secret between the web browser and Winamp.

And, not only that, when the song is enqueued in Winamp, the original Artist name is replaced by your customer's name, i.e.:

Joe enters Elvis singing Jailhouse Rock
Winamp shows Joe - Jailhouse Rock

The only caveat is that this will only work if you rename the ZIP files according to the format described above.

So given that, and I have convinced you to rename your ZIP files, do you really need Winamp to show the original ZIP file name?

Your other option is to use IN_ZIP.DLL with the original ML_WWW plugin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlwww/), which is what AutoKDJ is based upon.

With that, you can use the http://{name or IP address of computer where Winamp is running}/ctrl page to allow your customers to queue songs with a networked computer.

You can also use the http://{name or IP address of computer where Winamp is running}/left.html page to allow other customers to see the playlist.

Unfortunately, you lose automated rotation, replacement of original artist name with customer name, the karaoke song queue page, the modified left.html output with the Karaoke application in mind, and all the other karaoke specific features that AKDJ offers.

Also, you would STILL have to rename your ZIP files as I have advised in (2) above to make this work correctly, because the fundamental song selection process is the same in both the original ML_WWW and in AutoKDJ. Both have customers choose songs by artist and title, not by picking ZIP files, and the only way to allow that to work on ZIPs is to format the songs as I advised above.

So from what I can tell, this is the most difficult step, and you have to do it in either case.

I hope this is helpful.

-Z
Old 17th October 2005, 09:08   #68
gunghouk

Hi toqer, here's my setup. I don't have any amps or speakers as I only play one venue at the moment and run everything through the house PA.

IBM Thinkpad T21, P3 800Mhz, 40gig HD, 512Mb RAM, Sony CRX85a external CD drive (PCMCIA)

Mackie DFX6 mixer

Aphex 104 quad compressor (faulty from Ebay but fixed by me)

Creative Soundblaster 24 bit USB sound card (not impressed at the moment)

Art Alpha 2.0SE Effects Unit

3 x Behringer XM1800s mics (customers)

1 x Shure SM58 VHF radio system (it's all mine I tell ya .....mwuhahahah)

Oh yeah and about 1000 songs.

Other stuff in the post to me as I speak :-

Biamp Advantage One Microphone Mixer (from Ebay USA)
Behringer DSP110 Feedback Destroyer (from Ebay UK)

and of course AKDJ !

Sorry to get off topic but I just gotta tell someone

GH
Old 17th October 2005, 12:12   #69
gunghouk

Oh yeah and a RCF PM100 powered monitor for the singer(s)
and a cheapo 14" LCD monitor for the singers lyrics.
I've also got a multi-monitor gadget to enable 4 singers monitors in total if required.

My venue is a little locals pub on the main road to the 2012 Olympics yachting/sailing site in Portland,Dorset,UK.

This is the place :-
http://www.weymouth-pictures.co.uk/d.../pic_wys01.htm

I only gig every other week or as required and it's a pretty informal evening, no flashing lights or pay per song stuff (me and the management would be lynched if we tried to make people pay and we'd never have any singers)

GH
Old 18th October 2005, 08:48   #70
ZuGzUg

Quote:
Just one other request (to save a bit of mouse use) when the singer entry box pops up can the cursor be automatically placed in the singers name entry box ? Most times this is all your going to do in this window anyway. Thanks
Good idea, and easy enough.

This will be in the a3.26 build.

The dialog box will also appear close to where the mouse cursor was just before the dialog box pops up, so grabbing the Previous Singer combo pulldown will also be easier.

-Z
Old 25th October 2005, 02:15   #71
mysongchillin

sorry for the delay in responce

sorry for the delay with me re posting
the gthering still went great
i did not have the winamp work as i wanted ...but we did it ...and had a blast

I am reading the great post of the setup.
it did everything so far except ....remane all to the file convention naming as you stated

Why will it not find in a search ( for example ...and many others ) this song

kj015-009-lita ford & ozzy close my eyes forever.zip

the directory of the file is d:\KJ\015
so the full path is

d:\KJ\015\kj015-009-lita ford & ozzy close my eyes forever.zip

any ideas
there are many others songs it will not find after i dropped over 67 gig so far.

Am i still messing up on my end?
Old 25th October 2005, 02:25   #72
mysongchillin

ok new info SORRY

ok i searched from a networked PC........it found that exact song
but....on pc #1....( that is the karaoke host) it pops up a message
problem enqueing bla bla bla .zip file
it may be corrupt
but it will play on the host pc no problem
do you think it is my in_zip plugin conflicting it?

Sorry if i am a pain in the butt

I understand pc's ....and plugins,...but this whole karaoke plugin stuff is a bit new....maybe i am trying too hard to make this work to a "tee"

Thank you all for your patients with me and your help
Old 25th October 2005, 03:09   #73
mysongchillin

please fix

i found out ,...that since i re- zipped my files...not all of the karaoke zip files have a "-" in between the song and artist ...and or the artist and song...
this is gonna take me forever to rename these manually
why cant akdj just read from the file name as in ,.....when i do a search from another networked pc......it will search from the filenames that i dropped into the local files

it should not have to be named in a certain way ,....akdj should have an option to read "searches" from the "filename that was dropped in ---or loaded in "..........as it was named c:\blabla\bla\thefilename.zip
or such.
Old 26th October 2005, 01:21   #74
mysongchillin

1 valid file

could it be that on the networked pc ...when it searches for a song ( zipped karaoke ) that they say contains 1 valid file. But when i view the file info from the main pc ....it does show that there are a correct .cdg and .mp3 inside the zip. I did Copy UNZIP32.DLL to the Winamp folder.
Old 26th October 2005, 07:55   #75
ZuGzUg

Re: please fix

Quote:
it should not have to be named in a certain way ,....akdj should have an option to read "searches" from the "filename that was dropped in ---or loaded in "..........as it was named c:\blabla\bla\thefilename.zip
or such.
I agree completely. But unfortunately, this is not an AKDJ limitation, it is a Winamp Media Library limitation, and without a rewrite of the Media Library, it can only be resolved by having an input plugin that supports knows how to support Advanced Title Formatting (ATF) on ZIP files.

Believe me, if there was anything I could do in AKDJ, short of writing a custom input plugin, I would have done it a long time ago.

The best way I know to resolve this would involve a joint effort between AKDJ and IN_ZIP plugins, which is something I am continuing to pursue.

-Z
Old 26th October 2005, 07:57   #76
ZuGzUg

Re: 1 valid file

Quote:
could it be that on the networked pc ...when it searches for a song ( zipped karaoke ) that they say contains 1 valid file. But when i view the file info from the main pc ....it does show that there are a correct .cdg and .mp3 inside the zip. I did Copy UNZIP32.DLL to the Winamp folder.
This sounds like it is something to do with the IN_ZIP plugin, not ADKJ.

Recommend you post this to the IN_ZIP thread.

I also don't think this is related to the problem you are having.

-Z
Old 27th October 2005, 01:24   #77
mysongchillin

question

if it works with in_zip
but not akdj
do you think i should uninstall in_zip
because akdj supports zip files,..... correct ??
Old 30th October 2005, 18:40   #78
gunghouk

Hi, I've just tried upgrading Winamp 5.1 to 5.11 and no longer have a working AKDJ v3.26a.

I can re-install Winamp 5.1 but the latest AKDJ I can run is 3.25a

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Old 31st October 2005, 08:23   #79
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

I'd just try a clean directory. Ran this weekend with WA5.11 and AKDJ v3.26

--toq
Old 31st October 2005, 08:59   #80
gunghouk

I just knew you were going to say that !
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development