Old 27th February 2005, 05:40   #121
shaneh
Major Dude

The hydrogen forums are stuffed with attachments, so will post the foobar2000 port of Toaster here instead for now.

v0.1.3
Attached Files
File Type: rar foo_toaster.release.rar (31.3 KB, 1839 views)
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 19:52   #122
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

'Scurse the mis-directed post, I should have waited until morning. Here's the .ini re: hotkeys. I'm using windows 2k, by the way. Let me know if what info you need and I can send more. The forums wouldn't let me send the ini via pm.

Also, there's a file called nice.ini that I found in my winamp\playlists folder. I wasn't sure what to do with that one so I moved it into \plugins.
Attached Files
File Type: txt toaster.txt (13.9 KB, 1126 views)
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2005, 20:01   #123
eb11

Toaster always on top

Hi,
First, I'd like to say that it's a great plugin. Fast, customizable, just the one I need. Excellent work.

One small feature request though.
I use the Toaster as a kind of "Now Playing" plugin. I pulled the "Hold" slider all the way up, so it's always on. Somehow, this makes the Toaster stay on top of all my applications all the time, which is distracting. I wonder if it is possible to include an option to toggle "always on top", or to read the corresponding Winamp setting and behave accordingly. I hope it's not too much trouble.
Maybe this feature is already implemented somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it.

Once again, great plugin.

Thanks.
eb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2005, 02:23   #124
shaneh
Major Dude

No, thats currently not possible. I did try to implement an 'always on bottom' type option, but windows doesnt support this very well and its awkward to implement.

Just placing it like any other window is awkward too, because the window isnt in the taskbar, I found it awkward to use unless it was always on top, as it was difficult to locate the window in the z-order in order to view.

However, making it as part of the winamp windows might be ok. ie, you can bring the toast window into view by bringing winamp to the top. I will probably add this in future as Ive had a couple requests for it.
Old 2nd March 2005, 10:08   #125
Comwan

Hi Im using foobar and I was wondering if it supported regexps? This would help a great deal cus i want to cut a string, not in the back but in the front. Ex: Lalla-ok_test-BLI I want to cut everything except the "BLI".
I dont know how to do this without regexp
Comwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2005, 17:04   #126
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
hey shane, i have a WA crash due to toaster:

AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.0.08 ModName: gen_toaster.dll
ModVer: 0.7.0.0 Offset: 00010dc0

I had 99% usage while music was not playing, i do not think this was due to toaster, i think it was the ml being retarded. so i taskmanagered it and ended winamp.exe....when i try to turn winamp back on, however, winamp instantly send bug report/crash. i had a blank playlist, and no music would have been playing, hence i dont think toaster would have been doing anything, thats the part i dont understand. this bug was reproducable, meaning i had to removed gen_toaster.dll to get WA to load.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2005, 01:05   #127
shaneh
Major Dude

Yes youre right, if you have no items in your playlist and try get the toast to appear with a hot key or whatever, it will cause a crash. I will try patch it soon.

@Comwan: The hydrogen forums are the best place to discuss the foobar port. I have released a new version of the foobar2000 plugin at http://www.myplugins.info

AFAIK it doesnt support regexps, it just uses the standard ATF stuff available to foobar2000. So you could do for example:

$if($stricmp($right(%album%,3) ,BLI), $left(%album%,$sub($len(%album%),3)),%album%)

Or something better, Im sure you'll figure it out.
Old 4th March 2005, 07:29   #128
shaneh
Major Dude

+Now supports MSN Messenger 7.0.0632, note that this breaks support with the older leaked build 7.0.0604 (or any older version)
+Fixes crash problem with empty playlist
+Fixes toggle toast hot key showing the toast

Last edited by shaneh; 4th March 2005 at 09:56.
Old 4th March 2005, 09:05   #129
Brian81

hey guys great work, sorry for my simple question, will be glad if u help me, i ve msn 7 build 0425, msgplus 3.40 beta and winamp 5.02, i ve succesfully installed toaster, well it toasts as the song starts 2 play but no action in msn status i think i am missing a simple point but couldnt get over it, thanks...
Brian81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2005, 09:44   #130
shaneh
Major Dude

Yes, the simple point that it is for MSN Messenger 7.0.0632
Old 4th March 2005, 16:40   #131
JerryJ

I have installed MSN7.0.0632 and Toaster 0.7.2 and it somehow won't update the title in MSN .

I tried deleting Toaster.ini and reinstalling toaster but it didn't work .

dunno how, but it started working now...

Last edited by JerryJ; 4th March 2005 at 17:02.
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2005, 04:04   #132
hannaxbear

Where do you download gdiplus.dll? The site that the installer gives no longer exists.
hannaxbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2005, 05:53   #133
skywalka

Is there a helpfile or manual for toaster?
skywalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2005, 07:32   #134
shaneh
Major Dude

@hannaxbear: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

@skywalka: It gets installed to your plugins directory as gen_toaster.htm, have a read. It should have popped up when you installed it.

Otherwise, you can have a read of http://www.myplugins.info/gen_toaster.htm or just read through this thread for some tips.
Old 8th March 2005, 22:11   #135
net-cruizer

I was just trying to use a hotkey to toggle the toast display after setting it in global prefs, but didn't work.
I thought I seen something mentioning that and a fix, so I came to see.
The fix is for the toast version that works for the 0632 version of Messenger, but I'm using the 0604 version, as the latest has too many little flaws, and no songswapper patch.
Any chance of Toaster 0.7.1 getting that fix too?
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 00:52   #136
shaneh
Major Dude

The 604 release is a leaked alpha, and not really meant for the public. (actually so is 632, but its at least meant for some level of public coonsumption). The method of updating the song is quite different between the two. The 604 method is clearly a quick hack, which has been replaced by something more sensible in 632. I saw no need to support something that really should not be in public use anyway, and has already been superseded. I find it hard to believe the 632 release is more buggy than the 604 release. MS will no doubt block this client in a few weeks so I wouldnt want to waste my time with it.

"song swapping" is supported natively by the new versions of Messenger. Just change the format from {0} - {1} to {1} - {0} or anything else in Toaster. Its actually quite a bit more powerful. You could have "Listening to {0} by {1} with a playcount of {3}" etc.
Old 9th March 2005, 08:24   #137
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally posted by shaneh
"song swapping" is supported natively by the new versions of Messenger. Just change the format from {0} - {1} to {1} - {0} or anything else in Toaster. Its actually quite a bit more powerful. You could have "Listening to {0} by {1} with a playcount of {3}" etc.
Ohhh, thanx, I will give Messenger 7 (632), and the latest Toaster another shot, lol.
Old 10th March 2005, 19:49   #138
snoopafella

trouble..

hi..
I downloaded your plugin but I have som trouble getting the msn personal message thing to work..
I`m using mgsr 7.0 build 0632, winamp 5.08 and windows xp w/sp2.

The plugin itself is working fine (getting the popups with song playing everytime the song changes) but the personal message in messenger doesn`t display "song playing"..

Is there anything else i have to do to get the msn feature to work?

I have activated the "what am i listening to" in msngr and tried the MSN-only preset in toast.
Set fonts in both msgr and WA to "arial"..

Can it be the charset of my windows?
I`m from norway and we have 3 extra characters in our alphabet. (3 extra compared to english)
My windows is in english (us), just using norwegian as inputlanguage to get the 3 xtra chars..

tried uninstalling and reinstalled msgr, winamp and the plugin but it didn`t do anything..

Last edited by snoopafella; 10th March 2005 at 20:05.
snoopafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 19:54   #139
JerryJ

^Happened to me to, used to work for a while, no longer works now .

MsgPlus 3.40 latest beta is running.
Old 10th March 2005, 20:14   #140
snoopafella

I tried the "msgplus" when I couldnt get toaster to work, but it was so ugly I ununstalled it.. looked exactly like windows messenger (the crappy useless messenger that comes with windows)
And the now playing thing didnt work there either..(used another plugin)
I cant get the "built in" plugin in mediaplayer to work with messenger 7.0-6032 either..(there`s a MSN plugin that came with WMPlayer)

Can it be servicepack 2 limiting this programs ability to interact with other programs?

JerryJ: did it stop working when(if) you installed sp2?
Old 10th March 2005, 20:18   #141
JerryJ

I have had SP2 installed for ages...

Before, during and now...
Old 10th March 2005, 20:21   #142
snoopafella

hmm.. what messenger were you using when it worked?
Old 10th March 2005, 20:32   #143
JerryJ

It worked in the 632 build. I'm telling you, it just worked and now its working. I didn't change anything! (had a few XP updates, if that changes anything, all were recommended...)
Old 10th March 2005, 20:40   #144
snoopafella

"no new updates available".. I guess I`m up to date..
I`ll try installing Mediaplayer 10.. mybe that`ll help
Old 10th March 2005, 20:43   #145
JerryJ

Quote:
Originally posted by snoopafella
"no new updates available".. I guess I`m up to date..
I`ll try installing Mediaplayer 10.. mybe that`ll help
Got WMP10 installed too, latest build available...
Old 10th March 2005, 21:12   #146
snoopafella

nope.. didn`t do anything. I even rebooted..
Old 10th March 2005, 22:44   #147
R0D

If i start MSN and Winamp is playing a song, MSN don't uppdate? If i go to next song in winamp, then it uppdate.

A bug?

Last edited by R0D; 11th March 2005 at 00:42.
R0D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 13:57   #148
JerryJ

Quote:
Originally posted by R0D
If i start MSN and Winamp is playing a song, MSN don't uppdate? If i go to next song in winamp, then it uppdate.

A bug?
Its not a bug.
Old 14th March 2005, 01:09   #149
Lamda

Hey, I have to say, it's a great plug in despite only one person on my contact list being able to see it >.<

Anyway, I was just wondering is there a way of getting rid of the pop up that comes up in the middle of the screen?
Lamda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 01:15   #150
shaneh
Major Dude

Open the configuration screen, choose "MSN Only" from the preset selection, and click "Load Preset", then click apply.

I didnt think it was that difficult, but I will have to put the option in the installer, put some big notices everywhere, and popups badgering the user of how they want it configured judging by the number of times people ask this.
Old 15th March 2005, 02:45   #151
shaneh
Major Dude

Fixes skin resizing bug with skin shadow enabled.
Supports disable for video option for toasts and msn titles
Allows wildcard matching for cover images
Fixes a filename filtering bug
Old 23rd March 2005, 12:10   #152
samuishark

RE: Stream title formatting...

awesome awesome plug-in , but i need help...!

many http streams are formatted [artist] - [title] [(blahdy radio - blahblahblah)] is there a way to display only the first two fields? at the mo im limiting the blah factor with

$if(%ishttp%, $if(%cmp(:tagln(:watitle)>35)%, $cut(%watitle%, 35)..., %watitle%),%title%)

but this isnt an ideal solution... any help would be hugely appreciated
samuishark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2005, 09:44   #153
shaneh
Major Dude

@samuishark: Sorry, thats not possible. There is no distinction between the various parts of a http title. It is all just one title set by the server.
Old 24th March 2005, 11:13   #154
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
shaneh just had an idead for toaster:
A next track field

It would work like this:
if shuffle was off it would show the next song on the playlist but if it was on it would show up blank.
If DrO's JTFE had something in the enque list it would show the first entry instead of the next track.

What do you think?

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2005, 11:15   #155
shaneh
Major Dude

Toaster already has something like this. Look at the hotkeys, there is a "toast next track" and "toast previous" track hot key option. There is also a "jump to shown track" key, so you can tapp through your playist and jump to the desired track without opening winamp.

/edit: oops, you said 'field'. I would need something that would let you use any meta data from the next playlist item. ie, just %next_artist% wouldn't be sufficient, I would need %next_title%, %next_playcount% etc etc. A prefix such as "next" could work I guess.
Old 25th March 2005, 22:21   #156
Kado

Is it possible to add an option that makes Toaster stay OnTop of all windows or to stay OnDesktop?
Something like this:

Anyway this is my current Toaster skin:

Hope you like it!

[EDIT]I don't know if this is relevant but I´m using Winamp v5.08e, Toaster v0.7.3 and MSN Messenger v7.0.0732 with MsgPlus v3.5![EDIT/]

Kado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2005, 01:54   #157
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kado
Anyway this is my current Toaster skin:
[Image]
Hope you like it!
Wow, different. I like my Toast which can be seen in my desktop screenshot.
Those taskbar player controls look cool though.
Old 26th March 2005, 02:11   #158
shaneh
Major Dude

@Kado: Ive looked into that before, but its a bit tricky. Windows doesnt actually let you keep a window on the bottom and you have to manually check for every state change and force your window down AFAIK. But its probably not too difficult, and I will put it in, as its been requested quite a few times.

@net-cruizer: looks great. I think I will put up a bit of a gallery thing with screenshots and some 'skins' to download with presets etc, I think some people would like that.
Old 26th March 2005, 02:42   #159
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally posted by shaneh
@net-cruizer: looks great. I think I will put up a bit of a gallery thing with screenshots and some 'skins' to download with presets etc, I think some people would like that.
That'd be awsome. Such an awsome program like Toaster should have choices for people to download, lol.
I'm sure people will come up with some pretty cool stuff.

Edit- Oh... shaneh, when I wanted to get my toast to match a MSN Messenger toast position exactly, and noticed how you have that built in, man, that's some wild programming you got goin on there. I thought that was absolutly the neatest thing ever. Awsome job!
Old 26th March 2005, 12:14   #160
Kado

@Shaneh: I only requested that because the toast was not appearing OnTop of all windows after I made various changes in Toaster options but after I restarted Winamp everything returned to normal (toast always OnTop). That would be a nice feature though but take your time!
About the gallery... If people would like to donate their skins the package would include the custom skin (PNG images would be nice due to their transparency properties), overlay image (if aplicable, in PNG format also), exported preset and the font used in order to have an actual fully working skin.

@net-cruizer: Those player controls are FoxyTunes v1.1 for Mozilla Firefox v1.0.2 and they control a bunch of players, Winamp v5.08e included!

Kado is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development