Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development

Old 19th April 2007, 23:04   #41
youngt2

I'm glad you are having success with this plugin. It is very frustrating when I move files from my download folder or something and lose my ratings and plays. Just wanted to let you know that people are still interested in this plug-in, and I will continue to watch this post!! Thanks buddy.
youngt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 19:45   #42
sjauquet

Quote:
Originally posted by youngt2
I'm glad you are having success with this plugin. It is very frustrating when I move files from my download folder or something and lose my ratings and plays. Just wanted to let you know that people are still interested in this plug-in, and I will continue to watch this post!! Thanks buddy.
I agree...
I really wait for this plugin allowing to move my songs without loosing ratings playcount etc...

thanks for your great work !
sjauquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 23:27   #43
Koogle

this plugin sounds great.. I haven't tried it yet.. but its the kinda thing I'd want to see actually built into a future version of winamp if there is one. anyway will try it sometime.

What also nice is if you coudl use winamp to check your playlist files and if any files are missing then it could check the ml db for that song file, and ammend the new file location to the playlist.. just something that has previously been reallying annoying with reinstallations that kinda stuff etc.. having to manually edit playlist files to point to the new file locations.

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 21:53   #44
gonemad

i doubt any of the download links work anymore.. but i'll put one up again when i get home from work

i did make an attempt at recovering playlists with broken links.. but i was only ever able to get about 30% of the links working

i also attempted to identify the songs independent of the id tags (so you could change the tags and file location and still have it recognize your song) but after trying time after time i was never able to get it to work 100%

i had the id3v1 and id3v2 specs and tried to work around it but i tried long enough that i just gave up... since the program works 100% for what i use it for... which is simply moving a song to a new location (every month or so i archive all my new music)

hopefully one day winamp will natively do something like this
gonemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 12:41   #45
Koogle

maybe if the playlist files could store a hashcode for each file.. I dunno

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 22:50   #46
gonemad

looks like the download link still works

http://filebeam.com/a3f3b767074f4d203fb0e25696ecc5e5
Old 20th December 2007, 20:32   #47
JRumens

thanks for the plugin, been looking for something that does this for ages!
JRumens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 06:31   #48
HungryBear22

thanks for the plugin, does exactly what i've been looking for perfectly. Bump in case anyone needs it, because I know it took me a couple weeks before I got the right search words to get a hit on this.
HungryBear22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 23:00   #49
AJolly

Source Available?

Is the source code available for this plugin?

I'm getting errors running it on a Vista x64 bit machine and would like to debug the application if possible.

---------------------------
MLStatRestore.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x2234 (8756), Thread id=0x244c (9292).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.
OK Cancel
AJolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 01:48   #50
KerbMkII

Thanks for this, great little app. Been looking for something like this for a long time, much appreciated!
KerbMkII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 00:59   #51
benryanau

Not sure if this is still in development (gonemad), but it's awesome!
A great suggestion (IMO ) which would build on the work already done..
How about extending the app to support playlist repair?
I haven't seen anything that will do this, and it's one thing that drives me nuts, and will continue to do so until the devs implement hash-based file ID's in ML.

The basic idea is to:
-Hash the library (include filepaths)
-Parse playlists, generate hashes for each item
-Add a UI function somewhere for "Playlist Repair"
-Rehash the library (checking for files with changed/new filepaths only)
-Rewrite broken playlist entries

If it's not under development anymore, would you (gonemad) consider releasing the source to enable further development?

Thanks for your work so far!
benryanau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 03:04   #52
gonemad

i've stopped development on it besides fixing bugs when they are presented to me

i did look into some elements of playlists but i couldnt get 100% accuracy

and yes if people want to continue my work i will make it open source... i'll try to put it up on sourceforge sometime this week after i clean it up and remove any local references

i have no problem helping with development... personally i've gotten to a point where i dont even need this app (i wrote my own external ML that uses the hash idea to identify files haha)

i'll do another post with a source forge link when that is done
Old 4th February 2009, 05:04   #53
gonemad

http://mlstatrestore.sourceforge.net/

enjoy
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:48   #54
kr4zy

Great plugin! I have 2 separate Winamp installs (desktop and laptop), and I would like to merge the song ratings because I have moved my music from the desktop (containing most of the ratings) to my my laptop (which contains newer ratings). So now I have the same mp3 files, with the same hashcodes, but in different directories. I have done the backup on both PCs, but how do I restore my ratings from the desktop on the laptop? Do I copy the main.dat file generated to the laptop and do a restore there? Even though the mp3s are pointing to the wrong directories?

Thanks a lot for this plugin, it can save me thousands of hours as I have upwards of 10 000 songs rated which I'm trying to recover on another PC

EDIT:
I tried changing the directories in the hashlookup.dat to the same directory I have all the mp3s in, on the laptop, and then restore, after backing up the collection on my desktop PC, but with no luck

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

Last edited by kr4zy; 22nd October 2010 at 21:23.
kr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 22:14   #55
gonemad

do you have all your songs scanned into winamp on the laptop?

if so.. then yes copying main.dat to your laptop then running the restore should be enough. If the file is not found in the hashlookup, it should scan the file and generate the hash.. and then looks up the data in the main.dat
Old 1st December 2010, 15:07   #56
gonemad

to clarify.. by main.dat i mean whatever the 2nd dat file my program generates besides hashlookup
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development