Old 10th August 2014, 02:56   #1
ChiggyChiggy

Suggestion for "Now Playing"

Assuming the Now Playing feature remains in the next Winamp, why not make it hook up to SHOUTcast to be capable of displaying similar stuff from it? Perhaps with the assistance of the musicbrainz/lastfm integration it could find more stuff thats similar in an intelligent way.

As to make it more a means of discovery, and also to make the relation between SHOUTcast and Winamp more, well, more than just a bookmarked page within Winamp. Similar to how the now defunct playlist generator would detect similar stuff to what you had.

Like say the listener is listening to 2pac, its show stations that are currently playing stuff by Dr Dre and makes them ready to play by a single click from the same Now Playing page

I couldnt draw a straight line in photoshop for shit if my life depended on it, but im imagining a dark grey/matte black page, displaying the available info from the song (somewhat similar to the Now Playing panel cPro skins show) Under it the bio/ artist summary that Lastfm shows, and to the right side several stations showing related artists to whats currently playing with play buttons, from that same page the user can listen from.

But with this thered have to be some way to make the user want to leave their Media Library view and want to click and see the Now Playing page, that... that i havent figured out >.>

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
ideas, now playing, probably wont happen