Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Old 13th June 2016, 17:17   #1
Princess_peach

2 different streams (one jazz, one variety) on one VPS via shoutcast v2

I have a VPS. With the old shoutcast v1 I could run two different stations with two instances of shoutcast DNAS i changed the ports for each station. How do I accomplish this with shoutcast V2 I currently have a jazz station and a variety station I'd like to continue to stream.
Princess_peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 20:14   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

three options:

1. you can still run two instances of the v2 dnas on different ports -- this is the easiest way since the source options to connect, and the listen urls will not change -- you even run the dnas the same v1 way -- making sure each one uses a different config file. or..

2. you can take advantage of the v2 support for multiple streams by configuring two streams on the v2 - your source settings will change and the listen urls will be different from the v1 for the streams, but they will use the same port. or...

3. lastly if you want to keep the / listen url and different ports using one dnas instance, you can specify the listen port for each stream and the listen url for each stream.

how you do it really depends on how many changes you want to make beyond the default v2 config.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 03:15   #3
Princess_peach

I got it to work using one config file and the same port for both stations however, I don't like this configuration. How do I configure different ports for each station. when I try to change this in the config I can't connect to the second station. for instance the first station is port 8000 the second station is port 8005. The station on port 8005 wont connect. If both stations are on port 8000 in the config it works.
the problem is when I try to list the stations with radio directory sites, the website pics up the wrong stream(always sid=1 never sid=2)
Princess_peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 03:45   #4
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

i understand your problem -- i think when you configure a streamid (sid) on a different port, you'll also have to change the streampath_n to
"/" -- i don't know if this will work, since the dnas hosts the stream html page on that url as well ?

when you try to connect to the stream on the second port, what streampath do you use -- "/" or "/stream/2/" ? i'm not really sure how the dnas assigns the path when one sid is on a port other than the base -- check your admin page, and examine the xml statistics... you should see the streampath that the dnas created, and you can then change it what you need.

that said, if it's at all posible to run two instances --- that's your best bet, because while the v2 dnas can act like a v1, it does not want to.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 20:19   #5
RussellSpear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_peach View Post
I got it to work using one config file and the same port for both stations however, I don't like this configuration. How do I configure different ports for each station. when I try to change this in the config I can't connect to the second station. for instance the first station is port 8000 the second station is port 8005. The station on port 8005 wont connect. If both stations are on port 8000 in the config it works.
the problem is when I try to list the stations with radio directory sites, the website pics up the wrong stream(always sid=1 never sid=2)
I had the same problem, don't like my solution, but it worked. I added another station, and set shoutcast for 2 streams 2 passwords 2 autoshashes. It appeared to work, but though the second displayed the correct artist/title, the actual music I heard was from stream 1. I went through the config, then tried the config builder, nothing worked. both streams were 256k, I changed the second to 320k, and, for some reason, it worked. I now have two different stations playing different music and displaying the correct artist/title.
RussellSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions