Old 26th September 2012, 07:25   #1
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Anybody interested?

WebJockey 1.5 Beta

Please watch the video before making judgements.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 11:59   #2
Julius95

Yes I am intrested. Where could I download it?
Julius95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 14:55   #3
thinktink
Forum King

You need to have a web server on your network or on your computer that supports php for WebJockey to work. Experiment with it on a different computer if you can before going live on a production server.

The version of this plugin that was demo'd in the video is still a Beta plugin but so far it has not given me any trouble.

Save your playlist first before you install.
Old 29th September 2012, 17:02   #4
Julius95

Where can I download everything that is needed?
Old 29th September 2012, 20:05   #5
thinktink
Forum King

For testing I'm currently using the Abyss Web Server with PHP support for my little Windows XP laptop. I forgot where I downloaded it. Just google it and it shouldn't be too hard to find. If you're feeling brave/bold you can try installing Apache for Windows and really get your noodle fried; it's possible but not easy at all. If you intend to use WebJockey over the internet then you'll need to forward port 80 if you're running behind a router (or other NAT device.)
Old 30th September 2012, 08:57   #6
Julius95

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
For testing I'm currently using the Abyss Web Server with PHP support for my little Windows XP laptop. I forgot where I downloaded it. Just google it and it shouldn't be too hard to find. If you're feeling brave/bold you can try installing Apache for Windows and really get your noodle fried; it's possible but not easy at all. If you intend to use WebJockey over the internet then you'll need to forward port 80 if you're running behind a router (or other NAT device.)
I just find this version

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/bogprog...key-1-4/222075

and what version of winamp do you use?

it seemse you are using other kinds of bogprog. which and which versions ?
Old 30th September 2012, 14:31   #7
thinktink
Forum King

I am using the latest version of Winamp and I'm using the Beta version of the plugin in the following link:

http://bogproghome.hopto.org/downloa...etaInstall.exe
Old 30th September 2012, 20:57   #8
Julius95

if it is ok could you please make a tutorioal for how to setup everything etc? i dont get it working
Old 1st October 2012, 03:55   #9
thinktink
Forum King

Got another person asking the same thing so I will try to get a video up on YouTube by tomorrow night.
Old 1st October 2012, 05:57   #10
Julius95

Quote:
Got another person asking the same thing so I will try to get a video up on YouTube by tomorrow night.
wow thanks I would really like it
Old 2nd October 2012, 06:25   #11
thinktink
Forum King

Damnit. I recorded a video this morning but I got caught up with some problems at the church. I just now was finally able to start the upload when I discovered my video file isn't there. I hope I just moved it or something.
Old 2nd October 2012, 17:05   #12
thinktink
Forum King

Had to re-record...

...twice. Stupid Cam Studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR86Sk9v5FQ
Old 26th September 2013, 15:29   #13
gavin2812

Hi Mr. ThinkTink!

Thanks for your plugin, I'[m currently setting it up and testing, can I add a search feature on the listener page? I can see it on the 'admin' control panel, but would like to add the same feature to the normal listener page...

Can this be done?

Thanks again!
gavin2812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 08:19   #14
thinktink
Forum King

Here's a download link to a new version of the documentation/example page for listeners.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...02/bpwjdjcp.7z

The new page adds the search feature but only through Ajax enabled JavaScript, I haven't added it to the php code yet.

It also includes my latest work on the DJ Control Panel updates supporting Unicode files/metadata, however, the current public Beta of the plugin does not support Unicode (yet, my internal builds do) but it will still be compatible with the old Beta.
Old 30th September 2013, 10:10   #15
gavin2812

Hi ThinkTink,

Many thanks for that, I tried to take a look, but am I missing something? What type of file is that? I've tried to open it in a few different ways, but it doesn't seem to work? Apologies if I'm doing something stupid.

I'm making progress customising it, but I'm still trying to work out the following:

- Search facility
- Search by artist letter "A, B, C, etc..."
- Search by Genre

So I'd like to display the letters on the page 'A B C D' and the listener click on those letters to display all artists beginning with that letter and also display Genre's so that people can choose which genre of music to choose from. Do you think that is possible by looking into the search facility?

Thanks again.
Old 30th September 2013, 16:01   #16
thinktink
Forum King

The search function is just a search function, not an indexing function. It just does a tokenized, case-insensitive exact pattern match. The songs' metadata is tokenized, hashed, and stored in a hash table for retrieval by an exact pattern match, therefore, you cannot use the search feature to match for the beginning letter like you're trying to describe.

The search feature does not index the genres as stations generally have somewhere between one and 10 different genres (but typically less than 3 or 4 from my understanding) and I didn't think it would be a good idea to spam the user (and the server, which would be very bad) with genre specific search results.
Old 30th September 2013, 20:38   #17
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin2812 View Post
...What type of file is that?...
Didn't realize you were confused about the compression file type, sorry about that. 7z is a 7zip compressed archive. Download 7z online for free to open it.
Old 30th September 2013, 22:37   #18
gavin2812

Quote:
Didn't realize you were confused about the compression file type, sorry about that. 7z is a 7zip compressed archive. Download 7z online for free to open it.
Got it! I was trying to open it at work, worked fine at home with winrar. Many thanks!

Quote:
The search function is just a search function, not an indexing function. It just does a tokenized, case-insensitive exact pattern match. The songs' metadata is tokenized, hashed, and stored in a hash table for retrieval by an exact pattern match, therefore, you cannot use the search feature to match for the beginning letter like you're trying to describe.
Unfortunately I don't understand that enough. It's a shame that can't be done it would be a nice indexing feature to easier allow people to search, say, for artists starting by 'A'.

I was hoping to try and make pressing an 'A' button it would trigger a search for everything beginning with the letter 'A' but that looks like it is not possible.

Now having the search facility is a bonus so I'll have a play with that and get it incorporated into the site I'm building.

Thank you for responding and sending out that update.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
auto dj online request