Old 12th December 2006, 21:18   #1
adf3

Lockup with USB Hard Disk

I can play a CD but when I turn on my external USB Hard Disk drive, Winamp PRO 5.32 locks up the system after about 60 seconds--it is consuming 98% of the cpu instead of the normal 2%-10%. Since I had previously been successful in ripping to the USB HD drive, I decided to return to an earlier version of Winamp PRO.

I solved the problem by uninstalling version 5.32 and going back to Winamp PRO version 5.24. This is somewhat confusing since I was able to use 5.32 for about 1 week before its strange behavior- - I can only guess that some “other feature/parameter” got set that now prevents me from using 5.32? (I may have had a system crash with 5.32 running- - but re-installing 5.32 did not solve the problem?).

Since this took me 7 hours to solve I hope this may save someone else time, plus I hope a moderator will pass this to the Winamp Pro 5.32 team to see if they can find a fix.
adf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 21:52   #2
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Remove pmp_usb.dll from the Winamp/plugins folder.

The first time it saw the drive it sould have came up and asked if you wanted to treat it as a portable device, though.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 06:05   #3
adf3

Sawg, thank you for the tip.

Since Winamp is currently working and I am too busy with class work I will keep this on file for when I have time to play around with it.
adf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support