Old 19th April 2012, 22:23   #1
fablau

Transcoder "Badly formed data" error: please help!

Hello here,
I am new to SHOUTcast, but I made it work on my Linux server. Now I am having issues to make the Transcoder understand correctly the meta data tags inside my Mp3 files. When I process one of my files, I get the following output:

Quote:
msg:[DECODE] Next file is /home/webadmin/server1.looksheetmusic.com/html/test/music/01Adagio_sostenuto.mp3
2012-04-19 14:12:55 E msg:[ID3V2] Badly formed data in `/home/webadmin/server1.looksheetmusic.com/html/test/music/01Adagio_sostenuto.mp3' - Bad frame ID
My Mp3 files are ID3 v2 compliant and the tag version used is 2.3. Please, have a look at the following sample Mp3 file:

http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/test/mp3/test.mp3

What's wrong with it? I am eager to know your thoughts about this issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Best,
Fab.
fablau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 22:29   #2
DrO

what version of the Transcoder are you using i.e. is it the current build 54 or an earlier one? and is it the 32-bit or 64-bit linux version? (am assuming it's a linux version based on the file path format).

[edit]
i've now had a look at the file in Mp3tag and it reports the file as having a bad ID3v2 tag on it and is not able to display any tag information for it. that would match with what the Transcoder is reporting and all i can really suggest is re-editing the tag and using a program like Mp3tag to verify it is ok and to make sure that the software you are using to edit the tags has not received any updates inparticular relating to tag writing.

as such the Transcoder is working correctly as expected with a corrupted file tag as is on the test file provided.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 02:23   #3
fablau

Thank you very much for your reply.

You are right, after further research looks like my meta tags are wrong in some way... I will try to fix them.

Thank you, I appreciated your help.

Best,
Fab.
fablau is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
badly formed data, error, mp3 tags, transcoder