Old 1st December 2010, 20:20   #1
mazzzzz

Wifi and usb not the same device?

Hey guys, I was trying to get my podcasts to sync to my phone, and found two interesting issues
1) My phone (Samsung galaxy s vibrant) doesn't show up as the same device when it's plugged in. I setup a name for it, while it was connected through wifi, and when I plugged it in, it lost the phone's name, and playlist sync info.
2) I could only sync podcasts over usb? The reason I wanted to use this, was so I could sync them over wifi. (If I'm wrong about this, please correct me)

Are these just because of me screwing up the settings, or are these problems because of the beta?

Thanks,
Max
mazzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 18:42   #2
deltaflux

I've got the same problem with it being recognised as two different devices depending on whether I use USB or wifi. I'd hoped to do an initial sync via USB (which is much faster) and then later on use the wifi to add new tracks but it seems like I'm stuck with USB for now. I looked for options to configure the device so it's recognised as the same one, but no luck.

I still prefer it to my old iPod/iTunes set-up though, using iTunes on Windows is like wading through treacle!
deltaflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 08:01   #3
gsmalleus

Unhappy

Bump.

I am in the process of dumping iTunes for Winamp. My ipod met an unfortunate death a few months back and instead of replacing it, I want to use my Droid. I had been previously syncing using iTunes and Easy Phone Tunes which worked fine, but I was using Winamp on my Droid and thought I might try it out as an iTunes replacement.

My Droid was discovered easily enough, but this syncing is driving me a little nuts. I tried to do my initial sync over USB instead of wifi for speed. When I connected via wifi, it wanted to sync all 10,000+ songs again because it doesn't see it as the same device! I also wanted to sync my podcasts over wifi, so I could wake up in the morning and just grab my phone and go.... No need to connect my phone to my computer to sync the latest podcasts. NO DICE!
Why isn't podcast syncing available over wifi? You would also think it wouldn't be that difficult to identify that it is the same device no matter if it is connected via wifi or USB!
gsmalleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android, podcast, sync, wifi