Old 14th March 2012, 20:40   #1
Jean-Luc

SHOUTcast log format specification

Hi,

I have been searching through the forum and the documentation, but I didn't find any specification of the SHOUTcast 2.0 log format used in sc_serv.log.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 20:49   #2
DrO

that's because there isn't any and really i never thought anyone would need any formal documentation for it when it is pretty simple to follow since it's just formatted as
[date+time] [message type] [message text]

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 10:42   #3
Jean-Luc

Thanks. Well it seems pretty simple and we see indeed lines following the pattern:
[date+time] [message type] [message text][end of line]

But we also have some [message text] that contain end of line characters and other lines like these ones (XML stuff):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metadata><TIT2>blabla1</TIT2><TPE1>blabla2</TPE1><TALB>blabla3</TALB><TCON>Soundtrack</TCON><TLEN>...</metadata>

Not so simple for me...

Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 10:53   #4
DrO

those types of messages will not be output by default in the next release and are generally only done for debugging purposes.
they can be identified as:
[date+time] [message type] [message text] [ [end of line] [typically xml output but can be plain text as well e.g. client connection headers] [end of line] ]

however, the log file output format has and can change like with these extra types not intended to appear in normal output in newer builds to come.

really if you're trying to make some sort of log file parser, you just need to code it against what you see and handle any differences from that as time arises. either way i still don't plan on putting anything into formal documentation for it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support