Old 7th October 2010, 21:30   #1
robains

Why did I pay for this POS?

So I double click an mp3 from Explorer and it takes 30-60 seconds before WinAmp opens and starts playing the file.

The Library functions are HORRIBLE!! Trying to re-scan my computer to pickup songs requires considerable effort -- burried away deep in the Options dialog box.

It shows a Song as "XYZ artists", when I click on it, it's some other song from a totally different artist. Huh!!? Come on!

Organization layout is bizarre (who thought that design up).

Meta data is a hit or miss, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Click on Help and I get nothing, does nothing, displays nothing, just nothing.

It seems to use directory names at Artist Name and subdirectory names as Album name and then songs within the Album -- why isn't it using song signatures (it's just data folks, the song doesn't change, the data is static, hello!) if the MetaData isn't complete?

And yes I have 5.581, fully paid customer running on Vista x64.

What a mistake!
robains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 14:27   #2
JonnyMac

So I double click an mp3 from Explorer and it takes 30-60 seconds before WinAmp opens and starts playing the file.”
Like the Wind: Tips and Tweaks for Your Winamp 5
Slightly dated, but has good speedup tips.

The Library functions are HORRIBLE!! Trying to re-scan my computer to pickup songs requires considerable effort -- burried away deep in the Options dialog box.”
Once you have set the default scan locations (Preferences > Media Library > Local Media > Watch Folders tab). You can click the Library button (in the ML) and select 'Rescan Watch Folders' to rescancan without having to go into options. 'Add to Media Library' from the Library button, allows you to scan specific folder(s) without having to change Watch Folder options.

It seems to use directory names at Artist Name and subdirectory names as Album name and then songs within the Album -- why isn't it using song signatures (it's just data folks, the song doesn't change, the data is static, hello!) if the MetaData isn't complete?”
1. Winamp > Ctrl+P (for Preferences)
2. Media Library > Local Media > Watch Folders tab
3. click the Configure button in 'Metadata Reading Settings'
4. You might want to try select 'No Guessing', or select one of the different "guessing" options
5. close out of Prefs

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support