Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 6th July 2011, 04:58   #1
neo_hito

Queue 'Q' only highlights the first instance of file/song in the playlist

Say when there is a big playlist, and somehow there are multiple instances of the same mp3 file/song in that list, when you queue the ones other than the first one, it will only highlight the first instance and when its turn to play comes the playlist will navigate to that first instance.

Behaviour-wise its acceptable but I would like to at least have all instances highlighted, because some people thought it was broken and kept queue-ing them.
neo_hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 08:21   #2
DrO

that's how the feature has worked since i created it in 2004 as there's no proper way to track changes in main playlist item positions with what is then stored in the queue, hence it reverting to the first item found. however, highlighting all instances of the file might be acceptable to do so it all shows - my only issue with doing that is users are then going to report it as a bug with it showing the item queued all over the place.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 23:48   #3
neo_hito

I see, thanks for replying so quickly.
Haha can't win them all I guess. How about when queueing an item that has multiple instances, have the playlist navigate to the first item since you're only highlighting that item.
neo_hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
bug, interface, playlist, queue