Old 30th November 2012, 15:49   #1
sa3er

Winamp ReDesign

All right, it's now 2 years I keep using this skin system and I've to admit almost 100% of the people who've seen this look of my winamp came up with this excited reaction on their face:
"Wow!! Is this the new Winamp?" "Holy! where can I download this!!?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	WRE1.jpg
Views:	1586
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	50092
Click image for larger version

Name:	WRE2.jpg
Views:	1212
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	50093

So I thought it might be the time to redesign the skin structure of winamp and take a fresh futuristic Windows 8-ish simple/clean look. That's what I strongly recommend you guys for improving upcoming market bussiness.

For any one interested, this skin system is accomplished using:
- ClassicPro
- Applied skin: cPro - minimal

Cheers!
sa3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 15:06   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Exactly what redesign of the skinning system would you like? It already supports the skin you like (and several more similar ones), so it looks to me like you're good to go.

What's the point of Nullsoft copying what is already available just to put their name on it?

I also like the way cPro combines the best features of the standard classic and modern skins. My favorite cPro skin is listed in my signature.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 07:52   #3
sa3er

Dude, I'm talking about the default skin,
Most of people are not professionals to even know what's going on. They just a grab a player of internet, install it and play their songs.

The default skin plays a very important rule on "multimedia software" popularity.

Thats what Nullsoft guys know about and the reason they designed Winamp Modern and Bento.

So instead of acting like fat-a** bosses nagging around, just think a bit more before any useless speech of yours. Thanks for letting us know your awkward logic anyway.
sa3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:30   #4
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
I personally like the Bento default skin very much, but I have to admit that the clear, clean, Windows-8-like design looks not bad (I'd say, Microsoft at least had a designer have a look at it, what seems to not be true for most of the rest of their products in the past... )

So, if installed under Windows 8, a new, "Metro-ish" Winamp skin might be really a good idea. Under other Windows versions, I think, it doesn't really fit.

Maybe somewhere in the future, a real clear Windows-8-ish "official" Nullsoft skin might be included in the installer and in the first-time-install-wizard, on the skin selection page, IF installed under Windows 8, this might be preselected as default, but Bento, "Modern", and Classic skins still available.

(Of course, the new skin would also be available under XP and 7).

That would seem a good way to go for me.

But it's still just dreaming of the future...

Kind regards,
kzuse
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:23   #5
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I love Bento, too, the Default Bento, and this is the only one skin, which I use...
The supermarket Aldi doesn't sell computer with Windows 7 anymore, only with Windows 8. I don't like the new design of Windows 8, only the "Good Old Design" of Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Where are the desktop icons for Windows 8?...
Okay, newer Winamp Versions with 5 or 6 skins instead of 4 in the installer setup, this is a very good idea, and the current 4 skins in the current installer setups should also stay in the next installer setups, of course...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:22   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa3er View Post
So instead of acting like fat-a** bosses nagging around, just think a bit more before any useless speech of yours. Thanks for letting us know your awkward logic anyway.
Sorry to upset you. I do try to think before I speak. The title of your thread states "ReDesign" and providing a Windows Metro version would involve more than a skin change (as discussed in threads elsewhere). Since work on the Winamp desktop version has slowed down, in favor of work on mobile and MAC versions (different OS platforms), it could be awhile before a Windows Metro version is looked at.

Since you are talking about including more skins (in the official installer) and maybe changing the default skin, that is another thing, imo. Furthermore, if you are talking about skins that would provide the Metro look (on the desktop), I was simply saying that that is already possible. Also, copying a working 3rd party skin would be a waste of resources.

Including 3rd party skins in the official installer would commit Nullsoft to providing support for them. There is a long standing policy against providing official support for 3rd party skins and plug-ins. This policy makes sense considering what would be involved in trying to provide such support.

Going forward, if the dual UI introduced by Windows 8 becomes popular, then I agree Nullsoft would need to respond. In the meantime, work is currently being done on a Winamp version compatible with the Windows 8 desktop UI.

Old 3rd December 2012, 19:01   #7
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I didn't see yet also this point, but I can understand it now...
Maybe Nullsoft itself will come with a 5th and a 6th skin, which could look very good especially on Windows 8, maybe not. Nobody will know that now...
I am getting stick with my opinion, that Windows 8 looks very terrible with its new design and that the Windows Versions before with the desktop icons are looking so much better...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:10   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
I am getting stick with my opinion, that Windows 8 looks very terrible with its new design and that the Windows Versions before with the desktop icons are looking so much better...
Windows 8 also has a desktop view, with the icons. The default view (on boot up) is the metro view with the tiles. You can switch back and forth. There are several utilities available that will force Windows 8 to boot to the desktop view instead. Some even bring back the Windows 7 style 'Start Menu'.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
future, new skin, winmamp, winows 8