Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama

Old 14th October 2003, 09:27   #1
darkstar2002c

Send a message via AIM to darkstar2002c Send a message via Yahoo to darkstar2002c
Donation of your music library to community radio station

I am trying to find anyone with a large collection of well organized MP3s to donate your library to Darkstar Radio, a community/online radio station located in Fort Collins, Colorado. We are trying to increase our library of music, and as many of you know with the RIAA up everyones butt and the simple fact that the economy sucks right now, this is hard for us to do. If anyone has this ability (esp. someone with a dvd burner to fit a ton of files on one disc) we will provide you with the disks in the mail, all we ask is that you burn the files in your free time and send us the disks back (we will pay for return mailing). We can send you a set of write CD-R's or, a set of DVD-R's for you to write the data to and send back.

We would appreciate anyones help.
darkstar2002c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 10:24   #2
sidd
Major Dude

sure, sounds pretty legal to me...

o_O
sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 10:25   #3
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

how about getting some free ripper software install it on your pc and rip every cd you can find. that's how i did it for my station

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
FORUMRULES
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 10:29   #4
darkstar2002c

Send a message via AIM to darkstar2002c Send a message via Yahoo to darkstar2002c
We have a large collection of music allready... downloaded, ripped from cd, etc. However, we cant possible have every cd in our studio in the first place to rip. Being that we are a radio station for the people, we would like to increase our database of music to include submissions from others. As to the comment of it being legal... we're a radio station, we pay ascap/bmi fees - its legal, as long as the music is lisenced, if its not lisenced... then its open to the public. Besides, people just want to hear sound, they want to indulge in something good for once, instead of the crap they hear on their traditional FM radio station. If you dont think its legal and dont want to participate, I wont force you - but anyone who wants to do it at will, to help the community of radio that is ever-so growing but being limited by the limitations of whats "legal". The offer still stands .
Old 14th October 2003, 10:35   #5
sidd
Major Dude

oh.. wow.. thats news to me..

anyways.. i but i live in australia, so mailing would be too expensive. Plus australians are the lazy type.
Old 14th October 2003, 10:38   #6
darkstar2002c

We're lazy here too... which is perhaps why I slept all day and stay awake at night... or is that just insomnia? God knows... Thanks for the consideration, or reading... or whatever at least. Nice to know someone actually read the post. I dont expect much response... but hey, what the hell. Im actually going through some of the posts in this forum with relation to music (some of which include you posting alot) im downloading some picks from the sad songs posting... some of this stuff is really pretty good. Have a good evening... or I suppose morning there?
Old 14th October 2003, 10:48   #7
sidd
Major Dude

nope.. evening here..

if you like, i could just suggest some bands id like to hear on radio.
Old 14th October 2003, 10:50   #8
darkstar2002c

Sure, I am looking for all sorts of suggestions and downloading away. I love hearing new stuff.

Thanks!
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama