Old 9th May 2012, 20:39   #1
sankt

Record Labels May Be In Big Trouble

Key ruling in the fight over artists getting their Copyrights back go against record labels.

This pertains to a content creator having the ability to reclaim their original copyright status over artistic works after a specified period of time

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...-trouble.shtml

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 21:48   #2
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

And the discussions about the copyrights continue...
I had decided many years ago, that I never want to make a contract with a record label, and I will never change my opinion. I also never want to become a member of this GEMA (I hate the GEMA!). I want to make my own decisions with my own music.
My own tracks are in all the important platforms in the internet, and they all are free downloadable. The download-links are in my music-videos with my own music and also in one of my blogs in MySpace. I have all the copyrights to my own tracks.
I had to learn about MP3s, and I had uploaded untagged MP3-Files in 128 kbps to Last.fm 2 years ago, because nobody had explained that for me and nobody had made suggestions, that I have to tag MP3s and how I have to do it. I myself had discovered everything about the tagging. In my Special Edition with the embedded artwork all the important tags are complete, and my Winamp shows me also as a record label, although I don't own a record label...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 17:31   #3
rockouthippie
Banned

Man. This isn't good news for Jackson's. Probably half of Michael Jackson music inventory is old enough to be reclaimed. Jackson owned most of the Beatles tunes... etc..
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions