Old 28th May 2000, 04:16   #1
Deth Hermit

I have been trying to Edit the Format of my SHOUTcast DSP plug-in, but whenever I try, it gives me a long error stating that, "It doesn't appear as if the proper MPEG Layer-3 encoding CODEC is installed." I have not seen any online documentation of this issue.

The following is what I have setup on my machine as far as Winamp/SHOUTcast go:

Windows 98 SE
Winamp v2.62
SHOUTcast Server v1.60rc2/win32
SHOUTcast Source for Winamp v1.10 (dsp_sc.dll)
NetShow Tools (latest version available from SHOUTcast.com download pages)

According to the NetShow Tools documentation, the needed CODEC is supposed to be installed with that software. I've installed it and rebooted, checked in my Multimedia Devices for the MPEG Layer-3 CODEC and still don't see it there.

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss here.

Thanks in advance,

DH
Old 28th May 2000, 04:20   #2
Deth Hermit

Update to previous post:

I checked the installed CODECs again and see that the 'Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 CODEC (advanced)' is installed, priority set to '6'.

DH
Old 28th May 2000, 04:41   #3
Deth Hermit

Update:

I tried deleting the CODEC mentioned above, uninstalling NetShow Tools, rebooting, re-installing NetShow Tools, rebooting, enabling the Remote COM for NetShow Tools, rebooting again, checked to see if the CODEC was reinstalled (yes, it was), tried to edit the Format within the SHOUTcast DSP plug-in and STILL have the same problem.

Problem still exists...
Old 28th May 2000, 05:01   #4
Deth Hermit

FIXED PROBLEM

I'm not really sure why it wouldn't let me into the Edit portion of Format the last time, however, after I started playing a song in Winamp and THEN trying to click Edit, it finally let me into that portion of the configuration utility (a li'l weird, but problem solved).

DH
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions