Ballistix Crucial DDR3 dual 4 gigs.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Built in soundcard on the Motherboard.
Winamp free full version

No hijack this log.

No error messages.

No plugins.

Problem:
So I actually updated Winamp last night, which might have caused this problem. This morning I opened up winamp, clicked a song, which played it but produced no sound. Thinking maybe it was my headset not connecting properly to my computer I restarted my computer (unplugging and replugging in doesnt always work to fix my headset connection). After restarting my comp and opening Winamp i discovered ALL my music was gone. It was as if Winamp had never been used before. Cleared of all playlists, settings, everything.
ONTOP of this, Winamp isnt letting me add media either. Everytime I click the add media to library and select the music, it act likes it's going to but jsut doesnt, no error message. I think the program from the way it responds actually thinks it added the music.

Rather then just unistalling and re-installing does anyone know how to fix this so I can recover my playlists? I was in the middle of going through about 20 new bands my friends had suggested to me and was sorting through all the music. Was almost done and had sorted the songs i liked onto a different playlists to keep it organized and really dont want to have tow ork my way through all that music again.

Any help is more then appreciated and thank you.
andisykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 17:24   #2
andisykes

Also just tried to system restore and re-install without deleting previously. Still nothing.
Old 5th August 2011, 20:26   #3
andisykes

recovering a playlist?

Is is possible to recover a playlist once you uninstall and reinstall Winamp?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support