Old 7th November 2012, 14:52   #1
Bay0Wulf

Send a message via AIM to Bay0Wulf Send a message via Yahoo to Bay0Wulf
Using Shoutcast in WinAmp?

I've never tried to use Shoutcast inside of my WinAmp software but I'm pretty sure that it can be done.

I have looked about for help on this subject but seem to find myself running into dead ends. As much as I like WinAmp (have been using it exclusively for 15? years), I've noticed it has very little documentation on things. Which is OK because I've run into problems using it maybe ... twice? (like somehow I once lost my password or ability to get my Pro upgrade onto a new computer ... and the WinAmp folks helped me out immediately)

I use WinAmp Pro v5.63(x86) in "classic" mode. I highly recommend it. I have to admit that all I normally use it for is playing my extensive library of MP3's (over 38,000 titles) but I would like to check out at least its ability to handle streaming radio.
Bay0Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 15:09   #2
DrO

are you looking to play a SHOUTcast stream or making one? (isn't too clear from the wording of your post)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 15:25   #3
Bay0Wulf

Send a message via AIM to Bay0Wulf Send a message via Yahoo to Bay0Wulf
Using Shoutcast to Play Streaming Radio inside WinAmp

Sorry.

I guess you are right about that.

I mean to "use" ShoutCast to play existing streaming radio feeds.
Bay0Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 15:34   #4
DrO

if that's the case, in the media library window and the 'Online Services' entry, you may already have a 'SHOUTcast Radio' entry, if not then you can add it by finding it in the list on the 'Online Services' page.

if you don't have an 'Online Services' entry then you can re-run the Winamp installer to get it installed, and the installer will optionally allow you to select online services to install.

once you've got the view loaded then you can search and click to play &/or bookmark stations to play later. you might want to change it to enqueue the stations rather than just playing which clears your playlist (there's a gear symbol next to the show xxx options where that can be changed.

if you don't have or don't want the 'Online Services' page, you can just manually add a SHOUTcast playlist / server address to the main Winamp playlist via the 'Add URL' dialog (from the main window or the playlist editor). you can get them by right-clicking on the link on the search results from shoutcast.com.

and that's basically it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions