Old 3rd December 2014, 17:10   #1
MatLioLec

why the hell not?

I've been using winamp since the 90s and i always found it to work just fine and i never needed to deal with the bullsh*t of figuring out a new PC MP3 player. and i really like that i can still use the oldschool skin..

now i got a new phone, android phone.. why is it that i can't sort out my list of music by directory?? a lot of my stuff is in full albums and sorted out with folders, but i guess theirs typos or w/e and i end up having 3 different albums for one and two of them just have a song each..

plz include the simple function of being able to sort it out by directory because now i will have to go out and find another android MP3 player app and their so many that it's a pain in my #$%. i'll keep checking periodically if a proper update has come in, tho i chances are i wont be back till that happens.

plz fix this, thank you.
MatLioLec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 20:37   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I don't know why.
But in case you don't know, Winamp & SHOUTcast have been buyed by Radionomy. SHOUTcast aspect is mainly solved but Winamp in all its forms still has to be decided how / what to do; Desktop version is known to be returning next year but I haven't heard anything about the Android (or MAC, for the case) version.
So, if you want to save some time I would recommend you to return at some point past june / july. Or you can stay more or less active and check progress as it goes, it's more fun .

In the meantime, PowerAmp and PlayerPro are good players for Android, both well known for having a robust set of options for local library / managing (including folder browsing -PlayerPro even recognizes Winamp ratings-).
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 12:13   #3
3xp0

Send a message via ICQ to 3xp0
Any ETA on when roadmap for winamp will be posted?
3xp0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 12:17   #4
DrO

all that has been stated is 2015 as per http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=374929 (and will more likely be end of the year but dates, etc are variable).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 12:21   #5
3xp0

why is all good stuff being ruined by big corps...
Old 4th December 2014, 12:26   #6
DrO

what? Radionomy is not a big corp like AOL was. so i don't get the point of your comment.
Old 4th December 2014, 12:35   #7
3xp0

I meant originally and now. I wasn't happy when AOL got involved.
Should have stayed nullsoft But at least Radionomy is in the same paradigm.
Old 4th December 2014, 12:41   #8
DrO

and without AOL making Winamp free, it'd never have reached the peaks that it did. you get what you pay for and there were benefits and downsides of AOL owning Winamp.

maybe it should have stayed a Nullsoft as a separate small entity but i doubt you'd have seen much of what happened (the good or the bad) so it's a moot point now as what's happened has past.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android