Old 14th July 2008, 17:26   #1
kabutar

winamp 5.54 & ipod cover art/tags

i tried search and couldn't find anything on this so here goes.

Does anyone know if Winamp 5.54 has fixed the bug with the pmp_ipod plugin where the cover art it uploaded to the ipod showed up in cover flow/album view but not on the now playing track?

I want to switch back to the built in plugin but I also read somewhere that it doesn't transfer all tags properly (such as the 'disc number' tag) so wanted to ask about that also.

Thanks!
kabutar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 11:36   #2
Ruxton

Send a message via ICQ to Ruxton Send a message via AIM to Ruxton
I cleaned my ipod a few weeks ago and re-uploaded everything with the normal winamp plugin to my 20Gb iPod Photo and i haven't seen an album art stuff up yet.
Ruxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 23:19   #3
kabutar

... but iPod Photos don't display cover art, do they? :S
kabutar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 10:16   #4
gghh0the0best

same same prob with my 3G nano...

the album art are loaded .. but .. everytime u 'next song' - the ipod dont display the album art..

it only work on the first song.. the rest is missing album art.. i check with many prog.. all of the song are loaded with album art.. n it works fine with itunes.. (personally i hate ITUNES -- winamps way way better ^^)

can someone tell me if they have the same prob too.. or is it me?
gghh0the0best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 00:32   #5
ltjbukum

Just replying to this thread to try and bump it to the top. Would really appreciate a mods' advice on this one.

That is:
- Running Winamp 5.541. Using 80 GB iPod classic.

- Used 3rd party tagger (Tag&Rename) to tag each individual track with album art. I set the program to save the album art into the metadata of each track, and also as a folder.jpg file which resides in each album's folder.

- Using iTunes, upon transferring tracks to iPod, can see the album art when looking at an album folder, and also when playing individual tracks. That is, no problems - album art displays when looking at the album folders and also when playing each individual song.

- However, when using Winamp to transfer tracks to iPod, can see album art when looking at an album folder, but CANNOT see the album art when playing individual tracks. Instead the default black & white iPod image of two musical notes appears. That is, when I back up to look at the album folder view, I see the album art, but when I start playing songs, the default iPod image displays, and not the picture of the album cover.

Just want to make the mods aware of the problem - I am very reluctantly reinstalling iTunes, as I do like to see the album art when playing individual tracks. Is there a plan for Winamp to fix this bug in the future, or am I just doing something wrong with my configuration of the program?

Thanks very much for any response you can give.

Regards,

L.

p.s. I just spent about 2 hours reading this forum in an attempt to determine that the answer to my problem is not staring me in the face. If this problem has been addressed elsewhere, my apologies.
ltjbukum is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion