Old 31st January 2011, 22:43   #1
angelotseb

Format Converter

I'm planning to buy winamp.

I want to use it to transfer my mp3 and my playlist on my android phone. It's work great with the free version except that the album art cover is stripped down from the audio file and I dont like it (wasted too much time to add all the covert art). Will the format converter will let's my albumn art on my mp3? Does the format converter erase or change my current mp3 on my PC or it's only the mp3 on my android devices that are affected?

thanks for your help!
angelotseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 22:54   #2
DrO

if the art is in the tag most likely it won't be transferred across (known issue since the format converter was introduced in 2007).

you can try by ensuring there is no transcoding of the file but i've a feeling the tags get re-written when the copy is placed on the device (i don't use it as it places the files out of order for the devices is use so i use my own solution instead).

if the art is in a separate file then it may transfer across with the media though i've seen mixed reports on that working or not.

however upgrading to pro won't resolve any of those issues.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 15:42   #3
angelotseb

thanks for you quick anwser!!

i still got some interrogations about your reply!

"you can try by ensuring there is no transcoding of the file but i've a feeling the tags get re-written when the copy is placed on the device."

Not sure how I can do that? I tried to check/uncheck some options without any results!

"(i don't use it as it places the files out of order for the devices is use so i use my own solution instead)."

I'm curious what is your own solution? My dream solution is a software that can transfer my selected playlist to my devices (without changing any file, standard mp3 files with tags)!
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:40   #4
angelotseb

Musicbee

I found an application named MusicBee and it's does it all! Importing a bunch of playlist and copy the file with the cover art on the mp3!!
Old 18th March 2011, 11:57   #5
P Matt

"if the art is in the tag most likely it won't be transferred across (known issue since the format converter was introduced in 2007)"

Wow, what's the problem here with Winamp folks?? This seems to be a big issue to users and known for a loooong time -- why hasn't it been fixed? I'm thinking I made a mistake to buy Winamp to sync FLAC to MP3 to my phone. I'm going to look at MediaMonkey, iSync and other options.
P Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
format converter