Old 28th July 2012, 22:45   #1
This1svintage

Send a message via AIM to This1svintage
Freezing and unfreezing when song changes.

Got sick of iTunes, switched back to the newest Winamp. It worked for 2-3 days but when I went to run it today, I had to open the program about 4-5 times before it actually started. When it did start I could click a song to play it but then it would immediately freeze. The song would play through but I couldn't do anything on the program. When the song ended it will unfreeze for a second then re-freeze.
This1svintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 23:34   #2
This1svintage

Windows 7 x64
Old 29th July 2012, 02:20   #3
This1svintage

bump
Old 29th July 2012, 03:26   #4
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Have you tried any of the suggestions in the stickied thread that is linked above?
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 19:00   #5
This1svintage

Seems to be working again. The problem seems to have been that when Winamp was closed, an instance of Winamp.exe was still running. I ended the process and re-opened winamp and it opened instantly (was taking forever last time.) also the program no longer freezes. Thanks.
Old 29th July 2012, 20:54   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by This1svintage View Post
The problem seems to have been that when Winamp was closed, an instance of Winamp.exe was still running. I ended the process and re-opened winamp and it opened instantly (was taking forever last time.) also the program no longer freezes. Thanks.
A number of us have faced this problem. It is caused by one of the Portable Media Player plug-ins (those with names that start with pmp_) and/or a 3rd party plug-in. In my case I only use the "pmp_usb.dll" and tracked the culprit to a 3rd party DSP plug-in I was using.

A "One for Nunz" report will list all the plug-ins in your configuration and help you track down the one(s) causing the problem.

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/14nunz.html

With WA shut down, create a folder for holding your suspect plug-ins and move all of them to it. With task manager open, open and close WA 5 to 10 times to be sure the winamp.exe process does not keep running. If it does keep running, then you have not moved the right plug-in(s). Otherwise, move the suspects back one at a time and repeat the 5 to 10 open-close sequences until the winamp.exe process keeps running. Be sure to test all your suspects, you could have more than 1 bad guy.

Good luck.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1909 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support