Old 6th October 2012, 23:17   #1
peterpr

Winamp Pro not working on my phone

I just purchased Winamp Pro to get all the extra features such as graphic equaliser. In Google Play it says: "This app is compatible with your Orange HTC HTC Wildfire."

I installed it but when I try to launch the app it reverts to the ordinary Winamp app and when I try to access the Graphic Equaliser it prompts me to purchase the Winamp Pro bundle (I thought I just paid for this?), then when I click on Buy Now it says: "Sorry, you are using a device that is not compatible with the advanced features of the Winamp Pro Bundle.

How do I get the Pro version to work?
peterpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 07:24   #2
Paradox93

maybe it is bug....i have huawei y 200 and it works excelent when i launched first time....try restarting phone,instal again....it must work if is supported....
Paradox93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 10:08   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hi

If you purchased the separate Winamp Pro stub app from Google Play then there's no way for us to check if the hardware is compatible first.
As you discovered, only the in-app upgrade method has the internal hardware check.

You will need to be refunded. See below for details (or PM me the google account associated with your order).

From the FAQ

2. What are the minimum hardware requirements for the Pro features?

Q2: What are the minimum hardware requirements for the Pro features?

A2: The Pro features require chipsets with the ARMv7 floating point instruction set.
Most Android devices from ~2011 onwards include this technology,
though some older devices do not, such as HTC Wildfire which has an ARMv6 chipset/cpu.

As from Winamp For Android Pro v1.3.x we have disallowed new Pro purchases on these older devices
and have also disabled the Pro features on detection of non-ARMv7 devices.

If you purchased Pro on one of these devices with an older version of the app,
then please use the "contact developer" feature in Google Play to request a refund.
Be sure to include the Google Order No. in any correspondence.

[EDIT]

Just realised that the OP is from 3 weeks ago, so chances are that this matter has already been resolved....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android