BugMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterViVi
Bug:
- create playlist of several songs
- start to play "song X"
- delete "song X" from playlist
- hit pause
- see title of "song X" in main window change to something else, but still play the song.
Yes. I also can see this bug but only with Modern Skins. No such problems with Classic Skins.
Old 24th August 2006, 02:37   #522
spacemarine

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft

MP3Gain adds the RG informations in ape tags, foobar2000 in id3 v2.4 tags and winamp in id3 v2.3 tags
I was wondering about the same thing.
I think the goal should be to aim for interoperability here,
not to have winamp, foobar & mp3gain write three different
replaygain tag flavours.

AFAIK mp3gain doesn't store "gain information" in its
tags but rather "undo information" that enables you to undo the changes -
so count out mp3gain when it comes to tags with usable
replaygain info (uh, correct me if im wrong )

But (IMHO) at least compatibility between foobar and winamp
would be desirable (regarding mp3s), which would imply using ID3v2.4 ...
but then again that wouldn't work for OGGs & AACs ... hmm ... difficult

Cheers,
Spacemarine
Old 24th August 2006, 02:44   #523
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by spacemarine
But (IMHO) at least compatibility between foobar and winamp
would be desirable (regarding mp3s), which would imply using ID3v2.4 ...
The replaygain values show up shared between Winamp and foobar. Winamp will read id3v2.4. foobar will read id3v2.3. The frame that's being used (TXXX) exists unchanged in both 2.3 and 2.4. I'm failing to see the problem here ...

Quote:

but then again that wouldn't work for OGGs & AACs ... hmm ... difficult
Ogg Vorbis replaygain info is written to the vorbis comments. MP4 AAC replaygain (not yet implemented!) will be written into the user metadata box.
Old 24th August 2006, 02:51   #524
spacemarine

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
The replaygain values show up shared between Winamp and foobar. Winamp will read id3v2.4. foobar will read id3v2.3. The frame that's being used (TXXX) exists unchanged in both 2.3 and 2.4. I'm failing to see the problem here ...
If that is so, there is no problem, my fault

PS: An option to make winamp write v2.4 UTF-8 tags
in the future would be nice nonetheless (for people that
want their tags to be nice & tidy and stick to a single tag
flavour - "out of principle" if you want to call it that )
Old 24th August 2006, 04:54   #525
jmbattle

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
Did you by any chance delete aacPlusDecoder.w5s from the Winamp\System folder?
Ah, guilty as charged, my apologies. I will pop this file back in to the system/ folder when I return home later and report back my findings.

However, is there any particular reason why aacPlusDecoder.w5s is now required in the latest version of in_mp3.dll when it was not previously? I use a rather stripped down version of WinAMP, installing only the formats I will use (ogg and mp3), removing extra libraries one by one until something breaks.

I particularly like the modularity of WinAMP (applauding the recent splitting-up of the ML) - when minimised WinAMP utilises a miniscule 1.3mb or so. Indeed, it would be lovely to extract further functionality from the main executable into external libraries (the video player for example).

Well anyway, once again, my apologies.

Take care,
James
x
Old 24th August 2006, 05:15   #526
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by jmbattle
However, is there any particular reason why aacPlusDecoder.w5s is now required in the latest version of in_mp3.dll when it was not previously? I use a rather stripped down version of WinAMP, installing only the formats I will use (ogg and mp3), removing extra libraries one by one until something breaks.
It's fixed now
Old 24th August 2006, 06:19   #527
Squashed

Quote:
Originally posted by ujay
Use the Station Info window.
W00t! Honestly, I never saw this window before, thanks. Don't tell me that it existed for a long time and I was always fighting with that small info box for nothing
Old 24th August 2006, 11:31   #528
3ngel

Quote:
24bit EQ support
In the end you make it! Great!

The only thing that miss is the native .cue support.

And then this will be THE player.

Waiting with impatience.

Good work!
Old 24th August 2006, 13:13   #529
TheUniqueTiger

Can anyone explain the new spectrum analyser

I read about some interesting changes in the spectrum analyser, but couldn't get around it. Previously bass->left and treble->right, but now I find the behavior to be different & cannot locate bass on any of the bars. Also in which direction is the bass & treble. With most of my MP3s (Stereo, 128kbps) the last two bars to the right seldom jump, which wasn't the case till 5.24.

(5.25 beta 843, the first of 5.25 betas I've installed)

***Praises for 24bit playback & RG***Long live Winamp***
Old 24th August 2006, 14:24   #530
amano
Major Dude

As a feature request for the future: It would be great if I could see the RG value in the info box (or see that there is none available).

Or even have an own column in the ML in addition, so that I can see which media has

a) still no RG value
b) RG values up to 1,5 db
c) high RG values (to see those files that are still not mp3gained/vorbisgained --> this info could be handy for portables that don't support ReplayGain)

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8

Last edited by amano; 24th August 2006 at 14:47.
Old 24th August 2006, 16:21   #531
Squashed

Quote:
Originally posted by Squashed
W00t!
Let me take this back. The Station Info Window apparently only works when you connected through Shoutcast.
When listening streams through direct addresses the window stays blank (while the MP3 Stream Info Box shows the data).
So please keep the bugfix request above in mind.
Old 24th August 2006, 17:39   #532
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

What is it that you actually want to get from the File Info box?
Is it just the stream title?
If so, then why not just enable the Copy Title hotkey in Prefs > Global Hotkeys...
Old 24th August 2006, 18:06   #533
Stone Free

Hi I have just installed 5.25 Build 843 Beta on Windows XP Service Pack 2 here at work.

The soundcard is an onboard SoundMAX, and since I installed the latest version there is trouble with CD playback. Absolutely no sound comes out the speakers, the settings (in_cdda.dll v3.21) had been reset to "Use Sonic engine when possible", with "Enable digital audio extraction when possible" cleared.

I then changed the settings to my usual, by clearing "Use Sonic.." and still no sound. When I ticked "Enable Digital.." everything sprang into life (restarting tracks each time between settings").

Basically no sound will play until "Enable Digital.." is checked. I have tried each output plugin, but it makes no difference.

Although sound now plays it is very choppy as if there is no spare CPU, but Process Explorer does not show high CPU usage.
Old 24th August 2006, 18:52   #534
Squashed

Quote:
If so, then why not just enable the Copy Title hotkey in Prefs > Global Hotkeys...
Thanks for the info; that one comes handy when you want to copy the info but I need it mostly for *displaying* the title.
I have the station name and title scrolling in the Winamp window. But there are a lot of stations with loooong names. With a decent scrolling you have to wait for ages to see the title. So the fastest way (apart from the Station info box with a Shoutcast connection) is the MP3 info box.
Old 24th August 2006, 19:24   #535
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

So uncheck "include station name in title" in "in_mp3 config > streaming" tab then...?

Other than that, maybe someone can look into improving the stream info/name & current title display in the MP3 Stream Info box, eg. make it so it all displays with no cut-offs. Note it's a feature request (or gui improvement anyway) not a bug (and this isn't the wishlist).

@Stone Free

DAE is always enabled (checkmarked) by default, unless you manually uncheck it yourself. 'Use Sonic Engine' is only checkmarked by default if you don't uncheck "Sonic Burning/Ripping Engine" in the installer options... ie. I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe.

Other than that, CD playback works fine here, with both Sonic and ASPI methods. If you've got problems (eg. choppy playback) with the ASPI method then that'll either be something to do with whatever 3rd-party aspi driver you're using (we recommend using nero aspi with win2k/xp) or maybe your cd drive is running in pio mode instead of ultra dma (check Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers > IDE Channel > Properties > Advanced).
Old 24th August 2006, 19:25   #536
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Squashed
Thanks for the info; that one comes handy when you want to copy the info but I need it mostly for *displaying* the title.
I have the station name and title scrolling in the Winamp window. But there are a lot of stations with loooong names. With a decent scrolling you have to wait for ages to see the title. So the fastest way (apart from the Station info box with a Shoutcast connection) is the MP3 info box.
For the next release:
Old 24th August 2006, 19:35   #537
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Wayhey!
Old 24th August 2006, 19:37   #538
Squashed

This-was-fast *gasp*
Old 24th August 2006, 22:13   #539
MrX_1980

Send a message via ICQ to MrX_1980
Hello

I installed 5.25 build 843 (clean install) an use the Shoutcast TV.

First:
I switched to some TV stations and noticed, that the text "DJ CrazyDean radio..." doesn't go away, when the next station begins.

Second:
The sort order in the Media Library are not saved.
That would be nice, if it will be saved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp525_build_843_error01b.jpg (32.3 KB, 344 views)

MainPC: ASUS M4N82 Deluxe; AMD Phenom 1090T BE; 2x 2GB EX2-4800P2-SX; Gigabyte GT650 Ti, Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM und 225BW
TestPC: Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro; AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3200+; 2x 1GB MDT DDR-400-CL2; Club3D HD4670 AGP; Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM oder NEC VT48
Old 24th August 2006, 22:21   #540
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by MrX_1980
The sort order in the Media Library are not saved.
That would be nice, if it will be saved.
Could you please be more specific? What/where do you mean exactly?

If you're talking about ML > Online Services > Shoutcast TV
then afaik, nothing's changed in that department in 5.25

(also, the subtitle overlay issue isn't 5.25-specific either)

What version # were you using before? Was it not the same in there too?
(assuming you were using a 5.2x build with Online Services, and not the old 5.0x-5.1x Online Media thing)
Old 24th August 2006, 22:29   #541
MrX_1980

I just noticed by "Shoutcast Radio" in the config:
"Remember last View"
I enabled this, but if I set it to "Top500" and sort by Bitrate and then switch to Shoutcast TV and back to Shoutcast Radio, I see the standard view (Quick Genre and sort by Listeners)

By Shoutcast TV there is no option "Remember last View"

[EDIT] I always use the latest Version. So befor I used 5.24 but there I don't noticed the overlay bug. It is also longer ago that I used the Shoutcast TV.

MainPC: ASUS M4N82 Deluxe; AMD Phenom 1090T BE; 2x 2GB EX2-4800P2-SX; Gigabyte GT650 Ti, Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM und 225BW
TestPC: Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro; AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3200+; 2x 1GB MDT DDR-400-CL2; Club3D HD4670 AGP; Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM oder NEC VT48
Old 24th August 2006, 22:38   #542
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, "Remember last view" just remembers whatever genre you've selected (or search results), it doesn't remember the column header sorting options.

There's only one view for Shoutcast TV (show all), so there's no point in having a 'remember' option for it.

Also, it always remembers it for me in SC Radio, so I'm not sure what's going on there (can't reproduce that particular problem).

And as I said, it was like this in 5.2-5.24
Nothing's changed in that department whatsoever.
Old 24th August 2006, 22:45   #543
MrX_1980

It is late :-)
Ok the genre is being saved. I over see it, beacuse the drop down shows "Quick Genre" but below it shows "500 Strems in Top500".
Will be the sort order saved too in next version?

"(also, the title overlay issue isn't 5.25-specific either)"
Could it be a video driver problem?

Old 25th August 2006, 10:20   #544
Stone Free

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg

@Stone Free

DAE is always enabled (checkmarked) by default, unless you manually uncheck it yourself. 'Use Sonic Engine' is only checkmarked by default if you don't uncheck "Sonic Burning/Ripping Engine" in the installer options... ie. I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe.

Other than that, CD playback works fine here, with both Sonic and ASPI methods. If you've got problems (eg. choppy playback) with the ASPI method then that'll either be something to do with whatever 3rd-party aspi driver you're using (we recommend using nero aspi with win2k/xp) or maybe your cd drive is running in pio mode instead of ultra dma (check Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers > IDE Channel > Properties > Advanced).
DJ Egg, I did not do a fresh install maybe that is my problem and the reason why DAE was unchecked.

The ASPI driver above is the one I am using.

How do I know what is the correct one as I have two "Primary IDE Channel"s showing up?. One of them does say "PIO Only" and Current Transfer Mode "PIO Mode" for device 0, and the other has "DMA If Available" and Current Transfer Mode "Ultra DMA Mode 5".

I thought maybe one was the disk drive with DMA, but when I looked up the hard disk HDS728080PLA380 it is shown as a Serial-ATA.

Which leaves me confused as there is only one device left the CD Drive and yet supposedly two IDE devices.

I have no idea how to identify from the CD Drive which one it is connected to.
Old 25th August 2006, 10:33   #545
Stone Free

DJ Egg, just uninstalled and reinstalled and that has fixed the non-playing problem, but still have choppy playback.
Old 25th August 2006, 12:32   #546
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Change the one which says PIO to DMA If Available, then reboot.
If it's still saying PIO for Current Mode then see here for info on how to edit the registry to reset everything:
http://sniptools.com/tipstricks/gett...-in-windows-xp

Unless the drive is really old (like pre 1998 or something) then all modern drives support DMA/uDMA Mode. No drives should be running in PIO Mode under WinXP.

When a drive goes into PIO mode it's probably a sign of faulty hardware or imminent failure (eg. a drive will start in uDMA Mode 4/5/6, but after each critical error it'll reduce in increments of 1, until after another error in uDMA Mode 1 where it'll then go down to PIO mode).

To find out which drives are located where (Primary or Secondary IDE Channel, Device 0 or 1) either open up the case and look, or enter the BIOS on bootup (Standard CMOS Features section). Sure there's probably Windows apps/tools out there which you can use, but that's the way I've always done it, heh.

Generally though, if either the CD-ROM Drive (usually but not always: Secondary IDE Channel, Device 0) or Hard Drive where Windows is located (usually: Primary IDE Channel, Device 0, C: Drive) is running in PIO mode then that's bound to be the cause of choppy CD playback (amongst other general slowness issues).

One thing's for sure though is it's not a Winamp problem, and certainly not a 5.25-beta-specific issue. That I can gurarantee.

[edit]

the above was just an example, and not based on your particular system/settings
Old 25th August 2006, 13:35   #547
osmosis
Major Dude

i just want to report that my random chinese filename displays correctly now, although i don't even have it set to override the default skin font anymore. go figure. i'm not gonna question it though.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 25th August 2006, 13:45   #548
Stone Free

Quote:
To find out which drives are located where (Primary or Secondary IDE Channel, Device 0 or 1) either open up the case and look, or enter the BIOS on bootup (Standard CMOS Features section). Sure there's probably Windows apps/tools out there which you can use, but that's the way I've always done it, heh.

Generally though, if either the CD-ROM Drive (usually but not always: Secondary IDE Channel, Device 0) or Hard Drive where Windows is located (usually: Primary IDE Channel, Device 0, C: Drive) is running in PIO mode then that's bound to be the cause of choppy CD playback (amongst other general slowness issues).
Unfortunately as I said in my message both of them are listed as Primary, I will try changing the mode anyway but it is bizzare that there is only one IDE device on the system as the other one is SATA and yet according to device manager Device 0 is active on both sets of "Primary IDE Channel"/
Old 26th August 2006, 02:44   #549
basteagow

Quote:
* Fixed: unicode titles for streams (build 834-specific bug)
* Fixed: [in_mp3] icecast utf-8 stream title support
OMG, thank you so much for fixing these. I didn't think you would go all the way and implement the latter as well. Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
hmm. is this really fixed? See http://222.122.131.21:22000 (Republic of Korea Top Radio). The stream title doesn't seem to be unicodified (great word, copyright by amano). But I cannot know if these should be korean fonts, I just guess. It is hard to tell because on its site (see link) parts of the stream title seem to be garbled as well.
Quote:
That's a SHOUTcast Server, not Icecast. But yeah, there's some funky double-byte Korean characters in there, and I think it's more than likely a SHOUTcast DNAS issue (where it's writing titles using 'system language' instead of utf-8/16).
Just for the record, I never managed to get the SHOUTcast DNAS, the SHOUTcast source plug-in for Winamp, and UTF-8 working together. It's my understanding that either the DNAS or the plug-in (or both) don't support UTF-8 in stream titles. So I tried Icecast instead. While the Icecast server does support UTF-8 in stream titles, IceS (the "official" source client) only supports it in version 2.0, which can only broadcast in Ogg Vorbis format. So I hacked the source code of IceS v0.4 (the version that broadcasts in MP3 format) to support UTF-8 ID3v2 tags. At this point I had two working streams with UTF-8 titles in them, one in Ogg Vorbis and the other in MP3 format. However, I then realized that build 834 of Winamp wouldn't display the characters properly for either stream: They would show up as question marks for the Ogg Vorbis stream, and as undecoded UTF-8 for the MP3 stream. Build 843 of Winamp finally fixes/implements both of these things. You guys rock.
Old 26th August 2006, 09:24   #550
mark-dub

beta error or am i just old and tired?

Hi Dj EGG.

Loving 5.25 beta...hooked up the wife's mp3 player and voila, could see it under portables and she went to town.

However, when I ripped a new cd, the artist/album/ track info etc did not automatically show up in the ML...as it did in 5.24. Had to manually "add media to library."

Under "Media Library/ Cd ripping / Output file settings, tagging settings" that option is checked ON.

Am I misssing something or is this just turned off for the 5.25 beta testing?

Thanks.
Old 26th August 2006, 11:12   #551
Hanschke

winamp crashed unter vista pre rc 1 if i want to save a playlist under the same name but i have done changes like deleting or adding songs.

if i save under other folder it worked but cannot overwrite playlists with the same name.
Old 26th August 2006, 11:49   #552
jdwis

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
Hmn. In the configuration dialog of in_mid try to switch to the 'Direct Music/Microsoft Synthesiser (with output)' mode. This one seems to be the most robust Midi mode, with the diskwriter working, the vis working etc and thus should be used anyway. At least for me the volume works fine in this mode.

Would be great if this mode could be made the default.
thanks m8
sorted the problem...

excellent..
cheers..
Old 26th August 2006, 12:00   #553
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by mark-dub
when I ripped a new cd, the artist/album/ track info etc did not automatically show up in the ML...as it did in 5.24. Had to manually "add media to library."

Under "Media Library/ Cd ripping / Output file settings, tagging settings" that option is checked ON.
Yup, we also recently discovered this bug. Auto add ripped files to mldb is broken. Should be fixed for next build / final. Thanks.
Old 26th August 2006, 14:30   #554
alex_gamer

Besides my other two problem (link),
i found another problem, in preferences > Media libary > Shoutcast wire > Subscription Updates > Update Every: it is always set to never, no matter how many times i set it.

the computer is never at fault for an error; a human is, though.
DO NOT PM me for tech support.
No matter what you're doing, use the right tool for the job!
Old 26th August 2006, 16:22   #555
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
i found another problem, in preferences > Media libary > Shoutcast wire > Subscription Updates > Update Every: it is always set to never, no matter how many times i set it.
Works fine here.
Old 26th August 2006, 17:39   #556
Tr0ll

cueplayer 0.5b plugin does not work with beta :\ ....
with in_mp3.dll from .24 it woks fine ....

(dont forget the .nsv thing) *G*
Old 26th August 2006, 17:41   #557
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
cueplayer 0.5b plugin does not work with beta :\ ....
It's a third party plug-in, it's up to the author of the plug-in to provide an update for better 5.25 compatibility.
Old 26th August 2006, 17:59   #558
DrO

and if cueplayer is doing what i remember it said it's meant to do, it is very unlikely it'll ever work with anything from 5.25 and up (since unicows which is providing the unicode support for older OSes completely breaks most hooking techniques i can think of). basically unless someone comes up with another way/that one is fixed/it's natively implemented there's little that can be done.

so to sum it up once again, 3rd party plugins are not supported and it's down to authors to update their plugins accordingly (i've had to do it and i'm nearer a 2nd party than 3rd party but it's still afftected me).

-daz
Old 26th August 2006, 18:04   #559
alex_gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
Works fine here.
Why not here? Last time i checked, it was still set to never.

Just wondering, is the media libary prefs section stored in winamp.ini?

the computer is never at fault for an error; a human is, though.
DO NOT PM me for tech support.
No matter what you're doing, use the right tool for the job!
Old 26th August 2006, 18:57   #560
TheUniqueTiger

What about my query about the changes in the spectrum analyser?

(link)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion