Old 30th November 2003, 10:30   #1
lt_crush

Sorry, I'm new and I need help!

Ok, here's the deal: I've downloaded shoutcast, installed it, configured the server, everything! But I have a problem: I'm still getting this error: "11/30/03@05:48:40> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: myip:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection timed out)". I've read about this error like a thousand times, but stil can't solve it. I have ADSL, my router is a Cisco 677. I only have one computer. Beside asking you to help me with this, I have another question: can my friends connect anyway if I give them the http://myip:8000/listen.pls address? Please help me with this one! And believe me, I have read and tried everything, but still can't make it work! That'd be all! Thanks!
lt_crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2003, 10:43   #2
NJK
FRISIAN (MOD)

at the top of the page there is a search function use it

second read the faq and try to find heatradio's basic guide to shoutcasting

use search and see topics about firewall or routers.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2003, 12:17   #3
lt_crush

I couldn't find it

Thanks for you "help". As far as I can see, you haven't read what I wrote... I read everything like a thousand times, and the solution isn't there! Nobody seems to give the exact explanation. I mean, everybody says: "you have to give the PortBase the same value of your router" (or something like that), but nobody tells where to look for that value from my router! I read that one guy had the same problem, and uses the same router, but nobody told him anything. So, I dont't mean to be rude, or anything, but stop with the "read" thing! I need solutions!!! But thanks anyway for posting a reply! HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lt_crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2003, 13:40   #4
NJK
FRISIAN (MOD)

router manual gives you answers how to forward the portbase on your router-( if you don't have it anymore try the internet google )

if you want anybody to listen to you give the link as you posted in the first post for example http://123.45.67.89:/8000/listen.pls
and they should be able to listen to you.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2003, 11:38   #5
PatrickXuji

Please have a look at this link: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=110838

Then you can solve the problem. I successfully make my own online radio after reading this link.

Good luck!
PatrickXuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions