Old 24th February 2002, 16:16   #1
eric_simmerman

Bizarre Fullscreen Mode Behavior

I'm running version 1.02 and windowed and desktop modes work great, but fullscreen mode turns my screen black, flickers for about 2 seconds, then minimizes MilkDrop. I've installed the latest nVidia drivers and re-installed Direct-X 8.1 to no avail. I also tried the minimum texture size and video modes with no luck. I'm running:

AMD Athlon 1.4GHZ
512MB DDR
PowerColor GEForce2 MX 400 64MB

I've attached the Milkdrop generated debug file which logged from the time I started the plug-in through th bizarre behavior and my subsequent stopping of the plug-in. Any pointers on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Eric
Attached Files
File Type: txt copy (2) of m_debug.txt (12.9 KB, 203 views)
eric_simmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2002, 09:22   #2
Krash
Major Dude

Wow, that's strange.
obviously (from the debug file), MilkDrop is encountering an error when trying to draw the first frame.
I suggest that some direct correspondence with geiss would probably get you somewhere.

- Krash

Eighty-three percent of all statistical quotes are made up on the spot.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2002, 18:48   #3
geiss
Nullsoft Visualization Developer

Eric,

I e-mailed you a DLL to try out. Hopefully it will fix the problem. It seems that milkdrop is getting a WM_KILLFOCUS message before frame 0, so it goes into "sleepy mode" , where it returns immediately every frame, until it gets a WM_SETFOCUS message that brings it back (which isn't happening). I've changed it to account for this, so give it a shot, and let me know if it works now.

cheers-
rg
geiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum