Old 17th August 2003, 22:05   #41
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by thecraft
Hmmm... I hate to see GCN crash and burn... But I wonder what it'd be like if Nintendo pumped out more M an T-rated games rather than kiddie E games.
*omit suddenly falls on his face with his legs twitching in the air above him.

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2003, 05:47   #42
laz
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to laz
Quote:
Originally posted by Omit Name
*omit suddenly falls on his face with his legs twitching in the air above him.
*laz does the same wile* "FOOL" *is faintly heard over the painful groans*
laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2003, 08:28   #43
EnDurA
Major Dude

not at all surprizing that this happened. what, with there mini discs, kid games and still blocky graphics, it was only a matter of time. the worse thing about this is the fact that there not going to be anymore zelda i love that series, owell.
EnDurA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2003, 17:29   #44
devils night

heh, i'd but a cube as my second system before i buy an x-box.

Proud Winamp user since 1997
(Winamp 1.006)
devils night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2003, 17:30   #45
devils night

Quote:
Originally posted by EnDurA
the worse thing about this is the fact that there not going to be anymore zelda i love that series, owell.
no more zelda? when did this happen. oh man, nintendo is definetly gonna go the way of sega now.

(Winamp 1.006)
Old 28th August 2003, 11:25   #46
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Thats cuz you are afraid the XBox will destory your PS2.

Cube was a mistake. It died because they made it purple. If they were smart it would have been platinum. Nintendo's marketing sucks. Their gaming strategy sucks. But it would be perfect if they were a non console gaming company.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2003, 11:28   #47
mark
Forum King

even the black one woulda been ok. the best idea would haev been to leave the cube to the japs and give us just the panasomic Q
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2003, 11:41   #48
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
/Me conjures the spirit of NeoRenegade to combat Seer's and Bizz's glaring PS2 partisanship.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2003, 17:24   #49
devils night

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip
Thats cuz you are afraid the XBox will destory your PS2.

Cube was a mistake. It died because they made it purple. If they were smart it would have been platinum. Nintendo's marketing sucks. Their gaming strategy sucks. But it would be perfect if they were a non console gaming company.
destroys it in hardware yes, in games hell no!

(Winamp 1.006)
Old 29th August 2003, 01:05   #50
EnDurA
Major Dude

Xbox is a pretty capable gaming machine, even with the drawback of not being able to view dvd's with the remote + uplink thingy. the ability to store game files on the actual machine is a blessing as well, in stead buying 8mb memory sicks (which cost about as much as a game). not to mention the proness of the graphics
Old 29th August 2003, 01:56   #51
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
wow, im really tired of hearing about how bad the xbox is. its a damn good system. sure it doesn't have as many good games as PS2 but remember that PS2 already had an entire library of games from PS1. most of the new games for PS2 are also made for xbox.

plus, i don't think PS2 could even handle the game HALO. it would have to be toned down for PS2 to even be able to play it at all.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2003, 02:46   #52
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
the only thing that keeps me from buying the games is that they are so damn expensive.

another reason it failed is becasuse they put out all these kiddie games, but you have to have a fraknig PhD to figure them out, all teh damn puzzles and stuff, adn did anyone else think that "windwalker" was ass-ugly?
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2003, 06:42   #53
laz
Major Dude

THREAD HIJACK!
No MORE CONSOLE WARS, there are threads for that. And this is not one.
As for being on topic, this is sad, Nintendo did screw a lot of things up when they did the marketing and decisons on games.
They could have done much much better. I know it, and they know it. They better as hell get it right next time, or I fear they are going to go bankrupt and such.
Dlink, the games are equal to or less then $50, the same with EVERY OTHER CONSOLE OUT THERE!
Old 29th August 2003, 10:26   #54
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

you dlink. would you like me to get you in contact with my friends friends dad who is a huge gamer and moder. he buys the hardware, mods it, and downloads isos to his boxes 140GB hd.

what makes me sad is developers still wont make exclusive games, but exclusive content still comes to the box

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2003, 13:21   #55
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by laz9999
THREAD HIJACK!
No MORE CONSOLE WARS, there are threads for that. And this is not one.
As for being on topic, this is sad, Nintendo did screw a lot of things up when they did the marketing and decisons on games.
They could have done much much better. I know it, and they know it. They better as hell get it right next time, or I fear they are going to go bankrupt and such.
Dlink, the games are equal to or less then $50, the same with EVERY OTHER CONSOLE OUT THERE!
wtf are you talking about?
a) I never said any other system was better
b) I own a cube, hel, I own every nintendo system except for the virtual boy. I own three of teh 4 types of gameboys (we skiped pocket).
c) 50 bucks is too damn expensive, no matter what consol it is for.
Old 29th August 2003, 18:48   #56
laz
Major Dude

I never said YOU did the hijacking, sorry about that.
I agree, $50 is a lot, but I live with it, I just dont buy many games.
At least the Gameboy line is doing damn good for Nintendo (I have all but pocket as well). And here we can find cheaper games.
Oh, as for cheap games, I dont know if Eternal Darkness is still like $15 or not, but if it is, just buy that one, its cheap and well worth it.
Old 30th August 2003, 02:00   #57
EnDurA
Major Dude

$50? more like $98!
Old 30th August 2003, 14:29   #58
mark
Forum King

for one game?
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2003, 00:01   #59
laz
Major Dude

were the hell do you live?! $98 for a GAME? NO WAY!
I am speeking of US dollars....
Old 31st August 2003, 00:05   #60
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by EnDurA
$50? more like $98!
is that canadian?
Old 31st August 2003, 00:24   #61
xenosomething
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
another reason it failed is becasuse they put out all these kiddie games, but you have to have a fraknig PhD to figure them out, all teh damn puzzles and stuff, adn did anyone else think that "windwalker" was ass-ugly?
wind waker is the reason why cube failed?
...then why did it break the pre-order sales record?
and i also thought the game also had a nice graphical style.

when a video game system fails, it usually has little to do with sales outside of japan.

its also a known fact that the system that has dragon quest and final fantasy is gonna win...thats why nintendo already lost...sony owns part of square-enix.
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2003, 03:21   #62
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

I didn't say windwalker was the sole reason, the cube was dead long before that. The thing that turned me off to that game was the fact that it looked like shit. I was expecting a metroid prime type look, not the kiddy flat graphics. It looked wose than the old NES versions. The main reason why it failed is simple, lack of games. While PS2 is getting Tony Hawk 4 and 5 ready, TH3 is a "brand new game" for the cube and 64. It seems nintendo gets eery decent game about 6 months after sony does. By then the hype is dead. Also the Cube's controler was shit. It was made for 7-year-old hands. I have small hands and I hated it even. My hands go numb after about 45 minutes of SSBM, and I played SSB on 64 for hours at a time with no problem. Nintendo is a great company, but it is not for older audiences. Its most matuer game is Resident Evil, and it took how long for that to come out? All ni all, nintendo died because it just does not have the games to support it. I used to be a die-hard nintendo fan. Like I said, I own every system but virtual boy, but when the next generation of consols come out, I am going to have to go with sony.
Old 31st August 2003, 03:56   #63
xenosomething
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
All ni all, nintendo died because it just does not have the games to support it.
true.
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2003, 04:52   #64
EnDurA
Major Dude

$98 AUS, which is bout $50, give or take. forgot price conversions
Old 31st August 2003, 06:14   #65
sgtfuzzbubble011

Well, I could give a rat's ass about what other people say of Nintendo. I did my part and bought another GameCube earlier today. Y'all talk like Nintendo is already dead... That's far from true. And even if Nintendo were to go under two weeks from now, I'd still be playing my Cube when I turn 50.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2003, 14:46   #66
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
Well, I could give a rat's ass about what other people say of Nintendo. I did my part and bought another GameCube earlier today. Y'all talk like Nintendo is already dead... That's far from true. And even if Nintendo were to go under two weeks from now, I'd still be playing my Cube when I turn 50.
I hear ya. I am gonig to rent soul caliber and if I like it I am defidently going to buy it, but I am jsut saying i'm not holding my breath for a huge flood of awesome games.
Old 1st September 2003, 00:57   #67
sgtfuzzbubble011

I'm not much into fighting games, but SC2 looks fuggin' awesome. I'm definitely getting that soon...
Old 1st September 2003, 03:14   #68
laz
Major Dude

I have SC2, and it is Fuggin' Amazing!
The Cube is far from dead, Nintendo just fucked up on a LOT of things this time as well. On the 64, it was the cartrage (I like the cart, but I guess Devs didnt...). And this time, it was marketing (NO ONE wants to buy a purple console in the US, got that?).
Personaly, I have large hands, and I LOVE the cubes pad! it is by fat better then the PS2, so I dont know what you are talking about dlink... And about TH4, it has been on the cube for a long ass time now, I dont know where you have been... Oh, ya way down south in aussy land... must be odd to game down there.... just import US games/consols, buy from amazon or something.
Nintendo better get things fixed for the next gen of consoles, or, well I dont know, they may not last too long.
Old 1st September 2003, 04:02   #69
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by laz9999
I have SC2, and it is Fuggin' Amazing!
The Cube is far from dead, Nintendo just fucked up on a LOT of things this time as well. On the 64, it was the cartrage (I like the cart, but I guess Devs didnt...). And this time, it was marketing (NO ONE wants to buy a purple console in the US, got that?).
Personaly, I have large hands, and I LOVE the cubes pad! it is by fat better then the PS2, so I dont know what you are talking about dlink... And about TH4, it has been on the cube for a long ass time now, I dont know where you have been... Oh, ya way down south in aussy land... must be odd to game down there.... just import US games/consols, buy from amazon or something.
Nintendo better get things fixed for the next gen of consoles, or, well I dont know, they may not last too long.
What I was saying is that it takes forever for a game to come out on nintendo. and I still hate the control pad.
Old 1st September 2003, 07:15   #70
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
NO ONE wants to buy a purple console in the US, got that?
That's why I have a Platinum one and a black one.

Quote:
Personaly, I have large hands, and I LOVE the cubes pad! it is by fat better then the PS2, so I dont know what you are talking about dlink...
Ditto.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center