Old 4th April 2013, 20:01   #1
evapor

how to show music albums as folders in music library

I have organised all of my music into album folders on my laptop which is great for me. The files within these folders are all named in different ways and therefore show in media library as all kinds of nonsense when im looking at it. How do i get winamp to show my music in folder view as it is on my pc. Please Help. Thanks
evapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 20:08   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
I don't think you can, (although there is a filepath column). I think whatever 3rd party plugin there was for that died.

the proper thing to do would be to tag your files properly:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=345521

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 12:53   #3
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

You can start by adding the FILE PATH to the columns you view in Media Library. Right Click on the Column headers and Customize Headers. Add the FILE PATH from the list and now you at least have your folder and file names. This also lets you search those file and folder names.

In the long run you will want to sort out your files properly. Working through the tagging. SEND TO -> AUTOTAG can handle this fairly well. Do batches of albums at a time and always double check the suggestions match what you expect. It doesn't always get it right, but pretty accurate on more common music.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 10:22   #4
evapor

nice one thanks. i have many many albums so looks like i have got a lot of work to do
Old 6th April 2013, 11:52   #5
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by evapor View Post
nice one thanks. i have many many albums so looks like i have got a lot of work to do
It is a mission than can be easier than you think. Just hit a handful of albums now and then. Start off with your favourites, then slowly widen the net. You'll soon have a big chunk of the library done.

Don't just trust AutoTag 100% though. Always double check it. It can be a massive time saver, but it's not perfect. Pretty fast for what it does.

And certainly don't be tempted to do all the music in one go. Though I have often handed it a dozen albums at one time while sitting at the PC listening to other music.

Having the FILE PATH up on screen in the Library helps. Now you can have everything sorted in this order it will make grabbing albums to do the AutoTag a lot easier. (Personally I always have my library sorted this way... but then I am odd)
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 20:43   #6
evapor

cool thanks man
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
library